Categories > Anime/Manga > Fruits Basket > Snow

Chapter Seven

by aerithbunny 0 reviews

The tides change, not in Akito's favor.

Category: Fruits Basket - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Tohru,Yuki - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2013-01-26 - Updated: 2013-01-27 - 1522 words - Complete

0Unrated
Snow

Disclaimer: I own nothing and make no profit from this fanfiction.

7777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777

Chapter Seven: Hail Turns To Snow

7777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777

Though it was summer, it felt so much colder for a lot of them. Especially as they drew closer to the end of it. But this was when Hatori came to visit with news of Akito.

"He's managed to recover a bit and will continue to live of course for a while longer." spoke Hatori.

The air was thick and putrid with what he'd done to Yuki. And yet even as Tohru knew she loved Yuki, she could not wish Akito's fate even on him. Yuki though was quiet and looking down at the floor, which was when Hatori's lips thinned and he spoke again.

"He wants to speak with you again Yuki." spoke Hatori.

The fear came to Yuki's eyes, the anger to Haru's, and Tohru's eyes went wide. "And not just you Yuki, you too Kyo." spoke Hatori.

Kyo looked confused. "But I'm not allowed in the main house." he spoke.

"He said he will meet you both here." spoke Hatori.

"No! He has no right to come here!" exclaimed Haru getting angrier.

"Haru he owns this property." spoke Hatori.

"But still! After what he did to Yuki!" exclaimed now black Haru.

"It's alright Haru." spoke Yuki's soft tone.

Haru looked to Yuki with a worried expression. "Let him come." spoke Yuki again.

Hatori nodded and went, a few days later Akito came, though it was summer, a summer rain had set in and the place was closed off because of this. Kyo was standing next to Yuki who was on his knees as Akito walked in and sat in front of both, Kyo of course sat cross legged in front of Akito.

"I was have been given time to assess what Yuki has told me." spoke Akito's tone.

Tohru, Haru, Momiji, Kagura, Hatori, and Shigure were all standing at the side of the room. Akito's malicious gaze on them all, and Tohru couldn't help the horrible feeling she had in her stomach.

"Yuki you have stopped to the level of the cat, Kyo you have given up on fighting the rat. You are both going to be locked away at the end of your high school years." spoke Akito.

Yuki's eyes went wide as he looked up in shock, Kyo's mouth had dropped and the air had become cold. Tohru felt her heart sink, and Haru was the first to react.

"You can't do that!" he roared turning black and going at Akito.

Momiji and Shigure held him back though while Yuki looked down at his hands, he would be locked away in a cage like Kyo? A rat in a cage, always in that damn cage. He couldn't escape it, not even now. Yuki got up and ran out while Kyo looked at Akito with narrowed eyes.

"You are the lowest form of a person I've ever met." spoke Kyo.

Akito looked at Kyo. "You will be silent you insignificant.." began Akito.

"So what!? Because you lose you do the dirtiest trick possible on him!? You can't stand it! Losing! You're a child! A spoiled brat!" exclaimed Kyo.

Akito looked about ready to slap Kyo but Kyo wasn't done. "If there's one thing I know about it's losing! But finally I won! I got a girlfriend! I have friends! I have a life! You!? You have nothing!" exclaimed Kyo angrily.

Akito of course got up angered by Kyo's tone and smacked Kyo hard, but Kyo just growled and jumped at Akito, Shigure and Hatori jumped but this let Haru lose too and the both of them were wrestling with Akito there while Hatori and Shigure tried to pry them off of him. Tohru ran out after Yuki into the forests with the rain pouring, it was dark, the rains had turned cold with the air around her, night had set in and she looked as much as she could, before she saw Yuki standing there in the rain. She ran over and looked at him.

"Tohru I can't..." he began.

"No Yuki don't." she said shaking her head as she looked at him.

Yuki looked at her confused and she smiled up at him a little. "Tohru you can't smile. You can't be with me now. At the end of our high school year I'll be gone from you. No matter what I'm in the cage, but you shouldn't have to be in it with me. You're not a Sohma." spoke Yuki's heart broken tone.

"I love you." she spoke crying as she said it.

Yuki's eyes went wide at the words and she shook her head, her body was crying as her hands clenched his arms.

"I don't even know why I love you. I shouldn't, right? You're the rat, the rat that hurt the cat. But you're not like the rat from the story. You're different. I once said I would be in a year of the cat fanclub. But Yuki I love you. I don't love Kyo this way. You make me smile, you make me blush, you confuse me and yet you care for me so much. And maybe I'm not in this family, maybe I'm not a Sohma. I can't understand the curse, but I know. I know I'll always love you, even if you're locked up. I simply couldn't leave you all alone. Even though you're the rat, even with everything I've said about the cat, even with everything we've been through. I don't care Yuki, I love you." spoke Tohru.

Yuki felt it then, the cage didn't feel so heavy on him, even with him being locked up, even though he was the rat, even with this curse on him, she loved him.

"Yuki, you stood up for Kyo, against all odds. You did this for me, you've done so much for me but I. I don't know what I can do for you." she spoke through the tears.

Yuki smiled then and lifted her chin looking down at her.

"You are my princess, I would do anything for you. My Juliet, I am your Romeo. Let me be with you forever and always." he spoke.

Yuki leaned down and kissed her even as the rain poured down around them and onto them, Yuki couldn't help but pull her close. And that was when it happened, he didn't transform, the curse, it was gone.

She pulled back shocked she'd been able to hug him as he looked down at himself in shock.

"I'm...free." he spoke in shock.

"What does this mean?" she asked.

"It means..." began Yuki.

But she was in so much shock and she cried more as she hugged him and held him for the first time in his life Yuki could be held by the woman who loved him and who he loved as the rain fell upon them and she cried into his chest.

"It means he cannot lock me away." spoke Yuki.

Kyo looked down as his bracelet fell from his wrist, but he didn't transform, Akito looked at the bracelet and his eyes went wide in anger.

"No!" he exclaimed.

Kyo was thrown back as was Haru, Akito's plans they were falling through. Yuki and Kyo both had been freed. Tohru of course had managed to make it so Akito's threats were such lies that Akito himself was lying to himself. He had wanted to be freed of his own curse. But in truth Tohru had freed them because Akito was losing grip. She hugged Yuki so tightly there in the rain as they both cried in each other's arms. Akito was finally stepping back as Kyo hugged Kagura, they were free, Yuki and Kyo were free. Akito knew then why it was, why they had broken away from him. Because Akito himself was dying, and the grip he had them in was softened, no matter how much pain he threw at them Tohru healed it. Tohru healed them and Akito could no longer damage them. Akito growled and stomped back to the car, Hatori sighed and followed still under Akito's shadow. Yuki and Tohru came back as Yuki held her in front of the others. Haru smiled, Momiji smiled, all of them were so happy. No matter what then, Yuki knew he would be able to be with Tohru always.

Kyo looked to Kagura and smiled as he held her close. Kagura of course smiled at him and he at her.

In the car Akito was staring out the window while Hatori drove them back. "She freed them." spoke Akito.

"They freed themselves." spoke Hatori.

Akito nodded silently as he bit back the vile in his stomach, he hated losing, he truly did. But he could not get to them, not even now. The bond had been broken, the god had been separated from the rat and the cat. Yuki held Tohru kissing her back in that house, Kyo kissing Kagura, them all smiling, Shigure smiling with them. Akito knew there would be hell to pay with someone, someone had to take this.

7777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777

Author: Review?
Sign up to rate and review this story