Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Lotus Girl

Love Should Be

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Anna's second job and she tries to kill times while she waits.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Tsuzuki - Published: 2013-01-28 - Updated: 2013-01-29 - 1111 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Nine: Love Should Be:

-Anna-

Today, I had my other client. He contacted me through e-mail last night.

Dear Niwa-san:

Thank you replying back to my last message. My name is Kawamoto Choji. My fiancée and I had our ups and downs. I loved her though I couldn't say it. I realized that after she died. I just want to tell her how I feel just once. Name your price; I'll pay it!

Okay… He's rather straight-forward. I didn't know how to respond. I needed an energy shot first. One drink later, I composed my reply.

Dear Kawamoto-san,

Thank you for your reply and I will be happy to help you out. Meet me at Shiba Park at three o'clock. The price can be anything, but money.

He replied back twenty minutes later.

I will be right there.

I wrote back:

Call me when you get there.

After that, I picked up the phone and waited as the other line rang.

"Hello," an operator said.

"Aw yes," I said. "I have a job at three in Shiba Park."

"Okay," he said. "I will let them know."

"Thank you," I said. "Goodbye."

"Bye," he said back. I lay back on the couch. That's done; maybe I can try and take a quick nap before work. I stared at the ceiling as I drew my eyes closed. My mind tried to focus on sleeping. I breathed in slower to ease my body. Hey, it's working! I kept up my little exercise. I might finally be able sleep! Sadly, the phone rang and I yanked my eyes open. What now?

"Hello?" I asked.

"Oh, sorry wrong number," some woman said. I frowned as she hung up. Right… I looked over at the clock. Only eleven o'clock? It didn't feel like it. I sat on the floor with my knees to my chest. What do I do now? Why did I say three? I sighed. Well, I could clean up for a bit. The carpet looks a bit dirty. I got up to get the vacuum cleaner.

By one o'clock, I ran out of things to do. The apartment didn't need much cleaning. I couldn't really catch a nap after two more tries. I opened the fringe in the kitchen. Hm, only two energy shots left. This put me in a little conflict. I'm only drinking these to stay awake, but I need to sleep. I don't want to be an addict, but… The phone rang and I lifted my head at the sound.

"Hello?" I asked. They just hung up. Hm, wrong number. I looked at the clock. Oh, it's about time to go. Three… Two… One! My doorbell rang. Ah, here is my stoic friend. I walked over to my door. Noga-san said nothing as I smiled and bowed.

"Time to go, huh?" I asked. As usual, he didn't answer. I chuckled as I felt a sweat drop form on the back of my head. Can't you at least smile? Your face is creepy. "I'll go get my bag." I turned and went down the hall.

We made a couple of stops before arriving at Shiba Park. Of course, one would be the grocery store. No, I didn't get energy shots this time. I got some green tea. Noga-san watched the whole time. I felt his judgmental eyes on my back. I clenched my teeth. Doesn't he ever let up? I can't talk to him either; only I can see him. It's only going to get worse later.

At Shiba Park, it felt a little better. Noga-san kept his distance as I sat at the steps of the shrine. I looked over at the clock. Just about time now; four more minutes to be frank. I looked up at the sky. /Not bad/, I thought. Just need to schedule my time better and get some sleep. Oh, and ask Asato-kun about that tree. I shut my eyes. It's not much, but it sure feels like it. I came back to earth when my phone rang.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Niwa-san," a man asked. I sat up straight.

"Kawamoto-san?" I replied. "Is that you?"

"I'm at the front gate," my client said. "Where are you?" I looked up in the crowd.

"I'm on the steps of Zojo-ji," I said. "I will flag you down."

"Okay," he said. I kept watching for the man as people came and went to the shrine. By the time a pregnant woman with her two small children passed by me, the client found me.

"I'm here!" he said on the phone. I looked up and saw a suited man standing in front of me.

"Hi," I said.

"Nice to meet you," he said. We exchanged bows.

"Oh, here," the nicely-suited man said as he handed me a pink and gold bag.

"Oh," I said. "For me?"

"Yes ma'am," he said. "Please accept as payment." I raised an eyebrow.

"Okay, thanks…" I said. I took the small bag and looked inside. "Gift cards? To where?" I took them out and my face turned bright red. "R-R-Ravijor?"

"Why yes," Kawamoto-san said. "That's where I work." I could feel Noga-san taking more notes behind me. I nodded to focus again.

"Right," I said. "Do you have a picture of your fiancée?"

"Yes, I do," he said. My client took out his wallet and handed it to me. The woman looked quite young; about eighteen to twenty tops. She had her hair braided.

"What's her name?" I asked.

"Mio," he said.

"She's pretty," I said as I handed back the wallet. "Thanks," I rose to my feet, walked over to the tree, and held out my hand. "I beseech the twelve gods before me. Bring forth your innocent to me." The wind and tingle shocked me at the spine this time. I let off a gasp and opened my eyes. Mio looked around, blinking. Kawamoto-sa quickly walked over to the soul.

"Mio-chan," he said. She looked away, rather annoyed. Her former fiancé frowned.

"Why are you being like this?" he asked.

"What do you want after all this time?" she asked. The man gulped.

"I'm sorry and I miss you."

"Home come you never said any of that before?"

"You never gave me the chance."

"Well, say it now."

He knelt down before her. "I love you."

Mio looked at him with big eyes. "What?"

"I love you! I love you! I love you!"

"I love you too," she said, blushing before she disappeared. Such a scene inspired me to make a call when I got home.

"Asato-kun," I said on the phone that evening. "Are you doing anything tomorrow night?"
Sign up to rate and review this story