Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Rumors Are Ridiculous

Chapter 3

by IAmRatherBritish 2 reviews

Gerard isn't at school today, but Frank has other friends... right?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2013-01-30 - Updated: 2013-02-09 - 1187 words

0Unrated
(A/N: Sorry for not writing and posting this sooner, it’s just that I am so bad at getting things done that I did my French homework to put off writing fanfiction. That is ridiculous because although I need to do my French homework, I could’ve done it another time, preferably when I’m not in the middle of writing a fic. Also, about this chapter, I am very aware that boys don’t just talk about sexy actresses all day (actually idk i avoid speaking to boys as much as possible because that’s just how my mind works, and yeah anxiety) I just wanted to make a joke about Brendon and Ryan staring lustfully into each other’s eyes.)(A/N: and i wrote most of this at 01:47 AM which continued through 02:04 AM so you guys better either shower me in compliments or tell me how i can improve ok.)


Over the next few weeks, Frank and Gerard became close friends. Frank was happy that Gerard was making friends, and even happier that Gerard wanted to be friends with him! They spent the weekends together, usually at the comic book store or the record store, and they usually visited each other’s houses after school.
Frank was so happy in his new friendship with Gerard, that he barely noticed Ray drifting away from him. He rarely saw Ray in or out of school. Ray didn’t really like Gerard, so he decided to just stick with the other band kids in their year.

Frank waited outside his house for Gerard. He had been outside for 10 minutes now, and was starting to get pretty pissed off. Gerard didn’t have a phone, so there was no way to contact him, and Frank was cold and tired. He decided “Fuck you, Gerard” and headed off to school.
He slunk into tutor, still in a bad mood due to having to stay out in the cold, and the fact that he was up at 01:47 last night playing video games.
“Mornin’, guys.” Frank pulled up a chair up next to Ray. Ray and the rest of the guys that were gifted with musical talent and good taste in music ignored Frank. Half on-purpose, but mostly because they were in the middle of a heated discussion over something to do with which actress was hotter: Scarlett Johansson or Angelina Jolie? Frank noticed that Ryan and Brendon didn’t seem very interested in this conversation, and were more interested in gazing into each other’s eyes. “Has anyone seen Gerard?”
Several of them turned to look at him. Bob was the first to answer him “No, Frank, we haven’t seen him. And in case you were wondering how Ray was doing – he’s fine.”
“Why wouldn’t he be fine?” Frank looked around the table and noticed that Ray was missing from the table “Where is he?”
Patrick rolled his eyes and shook his head at him. “Really, Frank? You guys were best friends until you started hanging out with Gerard. Ray’s.... He had to go to hospital after brakineg ihs dgo.”
“Oh.”
“Yes ‘Oh’! You and Ray were best friends!” The usually quiet Patrick waved his arms around in frustration at Frank. “You haven’t even visited him once! He has to stay in hospital for four weeks!”
“How did you expect me to know that Ray broek ihs dgo?! I’ve barely spoken to him in two weeks!”
“I’m so done.” Patrick threw his hands up dramatically and dropped into the seat next to Pete. “So done.” He put his head against Pete’s shoulder, in a declaration of how done he was with Frank.
Frank groaned and mumbled to himself, before walking out of the classroom.
He decided he should just skip school and hang out at Gerard’s; he only had Music and Art that day and it’s not like Frank couldn’t afford to miss a two lesson day at school. He would just get Gerard to call in pretending to be his mother.
....
Frank knocked at Gerard’s door. He was greeted by a sleepy teenage boy with terrible bed hair wrapped in a navy blue duvet. Gerard’s sleepy face lit up when he saw Frank.
“Yay! I’m not gonna be alone all day!” Gerard said with a grin, before grabbing Frank and pulling him into a rib-crushing hug.
Gerard padded into the living room dragging Frank and the blue duvet along with him.
“If you’re skipping school all day we can have a movie marathon! I’ll call school and pretend to be your Mom, I know you were gonna ask me to anyway. We could watch some Harry Potter movies, or maybe the first Lord of The Rings movie or- Hey, what’s wrong?”
Frank made a non committal noise, hoping that Gerard would just drop it and carry on talking about movies.
“Tell me!” Gerard insisted.
“Ugh, well, Ray is in hospital for a few weeks and all the band guys are angry at me because I was his best friend and now I’m only friends with you...”
“Eh, it doesn’t really matter anyway. You can just hang out with me if they don’t like you anymore or whatever.”
“I guess you’re right... Hey, who’s the boy in that picture?” Frank pointed at a picture above the staircase. It was a picture of two young boys, grinning and hugging. The boys looked like they had the relationship of brothers, but they didn’t look at all related. One had dark brown hair, thin lips and a pointy nose. The other boy had fair hair, full lips and round little glasses perched on the end of his nose. It was obvious that the shorter boy was Gerard, but Frank didn’t recognise the other boy.
Gerard looked down at the floor, smiling slightly.
“Yeah that’s ,uh, my brother. His name was Mikey.”
“Aw, you two seem really close! What do you mean was?”
Gerard’s smile dropped, and he got a faraway look in his eyes. “He, uh, he... He was found dead in a river when I was 14. He was only 11.”
Frank stared at Gerard for a few seconds, horrified by what Gerard had just shared with him.
“Oh, Gerard. I- I’m so sorry.” Frank shuffled a few inches closer to Gerard, putting an awkward hand on his shoulder in an attempt to be comforting. Gerard shrugged Frank’s hand away.
“Okay. So how about Dawn Of The Dead?”

(A/N: Okay so this chapter is a bit longer than the others; sorry about that. I know it’s really bad but yeah it’s my first fic and stuff. Thanks for reading and your criticism would be appreciated. Oh, and sorry for the long author’s notes ok.)(A/N: Also, I know that Gerard and Mikey look similar really but they are fictional so I can describe them however ok thanks. Sorry for the terrible fic im only doing it to improve and stuff.)
[**]
Sign up to rate and review this story