Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Road Of The Lost

Road Of The Lost

by BulletproofNinja 2 reviews

Gerard falls to pieces after losing one of his best friends. Will Frank be able to help him get better? Or is he fighting a losing battle?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2013-01-26 - Updated: 2013-01-29 - 1940 words

2OOC
Hey guys! This is my new story! I'm sorry it's been so long, I know I said it wouldn't take me long to write another story, however, I've had exams, and I currently have the beginnings of another story being written out. So, that's the excuses out of the way, I'm just going to shut up now and let you (hopefully) enjoy the chapter!
The other chapters will mostly be longer than this, so don't think they're all going to be short :3

~BulletproofNinja xo


Road Of The Lost- Prologue

Gerard's POV


I'd never failed to take a great deal of pleasure from being outside during the night. Being out when I was surrounded by nothing but darkness, the only light emitted from the dim street lamps, and casting a wonderful glow about the surroundings. There was just something so... enticing about it, I felt drawn to the night. Which is why I was enjoying the current moment, walking down the dark streets. The air was moderately cool against my skin, relaxing me as the many rapid thoughts raced through my mind. It was warm enough that it didn't chill me to the bone, but still made me feel refreshed as the tendrils of wind brushed my face, so I was quite comfortable. My best friend Lindsey and I had just gotten out of the movie theatre, and I was walking her home through the dim and empty streets of New Jersey. We'd been friends for about 15 years, so our relationship was close, almost like siblings. We were so close, I could talk to her for hours about anything and everything. However, our usual chatter was replaced by a comfortable silence, which would have been fine, if not for the problem I had nagging at my brain. Normally, I would have been more than happy to discuss my problems with Linds, but for the first time in 15 years, I found myself unable to tell her this.

"You okay there, Gee?" She asked from beside me. "You seem.... troubled." I glanced in her direction, not speaking.

Instead of answering her, I carried on looking at the surrounding empty streets of Newark, thinking about the relaxing atmosphere of the streets. The advantage of being out at night was that there weren't as many people around, and you could just be left alone to your thoughts. The downside of that point was that the night time was very dangerous if you lived in Jersey. There were reports of attacks, muggings and sometimes even murder emerging every week. It was not a safe place to be.

"Gerard?" I was pulled from my thoughts by Lindsey, as she snapped her fingers in front of my face.

"Wha'?" I asked gormlessly. "Oh, nothing. I'm just thinking about shit." I shrugged my shoulders dismissively, but Lindsey didn't seem to believe me.

"You know you can tell me anything, right?" She encouraged gently, her bright red lips curving into a smile.

"You really are beautiful, Lindsey, you know that?" Her smile vanished, and was replaced by a bewildered frown. She continued to stare at me as she stopped walking.

"Are you sick? Seriously, Gerard, you're freaking me out here." I laughed, the sound coming out cold.

"No, I just wanted you to know that."

"Um... Well, thanks, I guess." She pursed her lips in thought for a moment. "Have you and Mikey fallen out?" I looked up at her again, eyebrows raised.

"God, no!" I exclaim. "No, no, it's nothing like that. Honestly, I'm fine."

"Gerard, we've been friends for 15 years. I think I know when something's bothering you." She placed a hand on her hip and tapped her foot expectantly.

"God, I hate your intuition sometimes...." I glared at her, but the attempt was ruined by a smile that shattered my irritated mask. "It's not even that big a deal, really."

"If it's upsetting my Geetard, then it's big enough." I gave her a half smile, not really feeling optimistic about this situation. "Now... Tell Mama Lindsey all about it."

"Well... I've been thinking lately..." I paused, unsure of how to continue the sentence. But my confidence was lifted a little by the encouraging smile that Lindsey was sending my way. I inhaled a breath of cool air, exhaling slowly.

"Right." I started again. "I don't know if you've noticed or anything, but I haven't exactly had a lot of girlfriends in my life, have I?" She smirked at me, her eyes gleaming with excitement.

"Really? I don't think I've noticed." She said sarcastically.

"Hey, I'm being serious here!" I whined immaturely, sounding remarkably like a child throwing a tantrum.

"Okay, I'm sorry." I just looked at her with narrowed eyes. "Sorry!" She raised her hands in apology.

"Anyway! Before recently, I'd never really thought anything of it... But now, I've started to realise that I just don't seem to fancy any girl. I don't really find them attractive in that way, you know?" Lindsey stayed silent, her index finger placed lightly on her chin.

"So, what exactly are you saying?" Her expression was strange, almost as though she thought she was onto something good.

"I think... Well, I think I'm gay." Her eyes widened slightly, breaking that calm composure she was holding.

"Hallelujah!" She shouted abrubtly, scaring the living shit out of me. I turned to shout at her.

"What the fuck was that for?!" And then it clicked in my mind, exactly what she had said. "What do you mean 'Hallelujah'?!" She grinned teasingly.

"I've known for ages! I'm just relieved you've finally admitted it to yourself." I stared at her, open mouthed, unable to comprehend what she way saying.

"What do you mean you've know for ages! I didn't even know!" Her smile widened, and she put a long arm around my shoulders.

"Ahh, Gee, there's a lot you still need to learn about women. Good job you ARE gay, otherwise you would be alone forever."

"Hey! I find that offensive!" I whined again, the sound getting higher in pitch as my irritation grew. "I can't help how retarded I am!"

"Yeah of course not. You're just 'special'." She airquoted the words, laughing quietly at me.

"No, not special, just a raging homosexual. I have no need for learning about women. You're the only woman in my life, and..." I looked her up and down jokingly. "You're not exactly feminine are you." I grinned devilishly at her fake offended expression.

"Hey! I resent th-" She was cut off by a large shadow that loomed over the two of us. We stopped and looked up, squinting through the darkness to get a good look.

"Well, well, well. What do we have here then?" I could smell the strong scent of alcohol on his breath, making me gag slightly.

"Umm... Can we help you?" Lindsey asked, sounding quite irate. "We were kind of talking here." The look that the guy gave Lindsey told us that she had said the wrong thing.

"What's that, slut?" He slurred, spitting slightly on my face. "Hey Jack, get over here!" The guy called over his shoulder.

Another guy, Jack, I assumed, staggered over towards us. "What the fuck do you want, Tony?"

"Look what we got here?" Lindsey and I risked a glance at each other.

"Um, We have to get going now, sorry." I said quietly, looking down. I grabbed Lindsey by the arm and started dragging her back the way we came.

"Where the fuck do you think you're going?" I was thrown off balance by someone pulling me back by my shoulders.

"Hey let go!" Lindsey shouted. They had her too.

"What do you want from us?" I asked, my heart beating hard in my chest.

"We don't like the look of you two." Tony said from behind Lindsey.

"What the fuck?! We didn't do anything!" Lindsey was enraged, but silenced as she received a punch in the stomach.

"Leave her alone!" I struggled against Jack, trying to help my friend.

"Don't even think about it." I was thrown to the ground, my head hitting the hard concrete.

I was vaguely aware of Lindsey shouting, but I couldn't figure out exactly what she was saying. My vision was blurry and I could feel warmth on my face. I rolled onto my back and raised a shaky hand to the skin. Blood was pouring out of a deep gash on my forehead, the liquid a brilliant shade of scarlet as it trickled down my hand. I remained on the floor for a few seconds, before gathering some courage and attempting to get back up again.

My efforts were in vain, as I was kicked back down to the ground. A sickening crunch rang through the air as Jack's foot collided with my ribcage. I tried to cry out, but the air was knocked out of me. With what I suspected was all of his strength, he brought his foot down to my right ankle, crushing it beneath his weight. I heard a single, loud snap and I felt a white hot flash of pain shoot through my entire leg, causing me to cry out loudly. Despite the discomfort, I could barely even focus on my own injuries, all I wanted to do was save Lindsey.

"S-Stop!" I wheezed, trying to push Jack away. "Don't hurt Lindsey!" I could hear her more clearly at this time, but I wished I couldn't. She was sobbing loudly, her screams agonizing. I couldn't see what that bastard was doing to her, but I wanted nothing more than to be able to stop it. "Lindsey, stay strong!" I don't know if she heard me, but even if she did, what could she do? We were fighting a losing battle and I couldn't help her.

"Shut the fuck up, faggot!" Jack spat in my face and kicked me repeatedly. The taste of blood was becoming strong in my mouth, the result of my lip being split open.

After a while, I lost count of the amount of times Jack kicked me, I was in so much agony, the burn becoming more and more unbearable. I just wanted to die right there, to save myself from this hell. "Lindsey..." I whispered, my voice failing to carry through the night.

"Hey!" The kicking stopped as another voice sounded. I felt the air move as Jack and Tony ran away, their footsteps retreating into the distance. In their absence, I rolled onto my front and tried to stand up.

"Oh my god, are you okay?" The voice, a guy, asked hurriedly. "Sorry, stupid question, you should stay down, it's not safe for you to walk."

"I'm fine!" I lied, staggering over to Lindsey's motionless body. "Linds?! Linds, talk to me honey!" I started crying, trying to shake her awake. A flash of excruciating pain shot through my entire body, and I collapsed on the floor, breathing hard. The new guy was standing there, searching frantically for his phone. I just stared up at him, my vision blurred as I tried to focus on his features.

"God, where is it?" He sounded as though he was about to cry. "Got it!" I heard him fumbling around with the buttons as he dialled 911. "It's okay, I'm calling an ambulance." He was crouched beside me and Lindsey, his hand on her throat as he checked for a pulse.

"Hello? Y-Yeah we have- We have an emergency." And that was the last thing I heard before I blacked out.

So, what do you think so far? I hope you like it! :P R&R to let me know your opinions :3
~BulletproofNinja xo
Sign up to rate and review this story