Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Frozen

Down Hill From Here

by WeAreTheFallen 0 reviews

Things go from rough to rock bottom in a matter of a few hours.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2013-02-07 - Updated: 2013-02-08 - 1971 words

0Unrated
“Come on, we’re gonna sit in the hallway,” I motion to Gerard to follow me. There is so way I’m going to stay in here with the two love birds.

Gerard slowly gets to his feet, grabbing the bag of chips before following me through the apartment and out the door. The dark haired boy trips over his foot, landing in the middle of the hall. The two of us laugh as I sit down next to him.

“Why are we out here?”

“Frank and Evangeline,” I answer, digging my finger back into the jar of frosting.

The boy nods, resting his head on the dark green wall. For a long time we just eat, slowly coming down from our high. I have no idea what we’re going to do for recreation after the blunts are gone. Then again, after we leave this place there probably won’t be much time for leisure.

“I am going; I am going any which way the wind may blow. I am going, I am going where streams of whiskey flow,” I sing quietly, drumming on the carpeted floor with my fingers.

Gerard crinkles up his nose, “That’s a terrible song.”

I laugh, “My dad used to sing it all the time.”

Rolling his eyes, Gerard stands up, clearing his throat. I stare up at him with curious eyes. You never really know what the dark haired boy has up his sleeve.

“Say hey!” He shouts. “Hear the sound of the fallen rain, coming down like an Armageddon flame; the shame, the ones who died without a name!”

As he grabs my hand and pulls me up off the floor, I laugh. Together we sing and dance down the hallways, banging on walls and tripping over our own two feet. On the last line of the song we burst through the door, falling onto the couch in a fit of giggles.

“I’m going to miss this,” I say aloud.

“What?”

“I mean, once we move on there won’t really be time for fun. This is nice,” I explain.

Gerard nods, pulling at a string on his pants, “We’ll still have time to goof off.”

Nodding I stand up, “I’m going to go let Frank know what’s going on.”

Heading down the hallway, I hear odd sounds, like people beating on the walls with wood, coming from the bedroom. Figuring Frank and Evangeline are just having another one of their play wrestle matches, I open the door.

On the bed is Frank, Evangeline lying underneath him. They are both stark naked, the blonde’s legs hooked around Frank’s waist. As my best friend turns to look at me a look of utter horror washes over his face. He literally looks like he’s just seen a ghost. My brain won’t even let me process what I’ve just seen. Instead I shake my head, the image being blocked by my wishes for it to not have been happening.

Turning around I slam the door shut, hurrying back into the living room. “We’re leaving now.”

Without any questions Gerard heads towards his room, shoving everything into his pack. Having been ready to go for a few days, I just grab my bag and wait for Gerard by the door.

Frank comes out of the back room. As he goes to explain I put my hand up. I really don’t want to hear his explanation. There’s nothing he can say to change what I saw in there. I’ve lost my best friend for good.

“Rain, please just let me explain,” Frank begs.

“There’s nothing to say Frank, just let it go,” I answer back sharply before brushing past him into the hallways.

A few seconds later Gerard joins me. “He asked what we were doing.”

“What did you tell him?”

“That we were moving on.”

Nodding I start towards the same door we entered through just a few weeks ago. Had I known all that was going to happen behind it I would have never opened the damn thing. Then again, I guess everything happens for a reason. Maybe this is where Frank and I were supposed to split ways.

“Rain, Rain, wait,” Frank yells after us, hurrying down the hallway, pack on his back. “I’m coming with you.”

Whipping around I glare at him, “You’re willing to leave her behind to come with us?”

For a minutes Frank shifts his weight from one foot to the other. “If that’s really what has to happen. You’re my best friend Rain; I don’t want to lose you.”

Sighing I motion for Frank to come along with us. In truth I’m incapable of staying upset with the boy for too long. We’ve been through too much together. Sure, I might not be as nice or as trusting of him for a little but I’m not going to tell him that he can’t travel with us. It just wouldn’t be fair.

Together we all head through the parking garage, leaving the beautiful red car behind. It’s best to not draw attention to ourselves as we head out of the city. Just as we head out onto the main street I hear the girl hurrying after us. This is not happening.

“Let me come with you,” she begs, running down the street to catch up with us.

I stop, spinning around on the heel of my boot, “Why? People like you don’t belong with people like us. Stay here in your fancy apartment. The military will come through eventually and pick you up.”

Frank places his hand on my shoulder, “She’ll die here without us Rain.”

I glare at him. He promised he’d leave her behind…how can he do this now? The snotty city brat has done nothing but cause trouble. Life on the road will be tough, nothing like her simple life here with the canned food and generator. Plus, the more mouths we have to feed the faster our canned food supply will run out. We will have to spend more time hunting, and eventually we’ll all have to start taking smaller rations.

“She’s not coming with us,” I answer.

“I can hunt,” Evangeline says, trying to convince me. “My parents let me take archery lessons. I’m a good shot.”

I’m still not at all convinced.

The sound of a car coming down the road prevents Frank from answering. In a hurry, my group heads for a small alley.

Evangeline ends up tripping over an old milk crate, falling to the gravel just before slipping between the buildings. As Frank goes to help her, I grab his sleeve, trying to hold him back. Being stronger than me he breaks free, the both of us stumbling out into the street. The driver of the car stops, two people getting out of the back seat. There’s no way we can out run them, even if we did get away, they know we’re here. My dislike for the blonde swells up inside.

___

Bright light floods my eyes as the flutter open. As girl with colorful hair and a boy who is continuously mumbling to himself are standing by the door. I have no idea how long I’ve been here or what has gone on while I’ve been knocked out. Instead of saying anything, the boy pulls me to my feet, pushing me out the door into the hallway.

As I’m shoved down a side hallway I see Frank. He looks extremely sick.

“Frank! Frank! Let him go!” I struggle against the well-built boy who is restraining me, trying desperately to get to my friend.

Although I don’t have any idea how long we’ve been here, I can’t imagine it’s been that long, (at most a week) my friend, usually alert and full of life, looks dead. He has dried blood on his face, marks on his arms, and his jeans and shirt are in shreds. Frank glances over at me, green eyes holding no emotion.

“Get out,” he mouths before being pushed down the hall.

I struggle against my bondage, using every ounce of my strength but to no avail. The boy holding me just laughs, “Pipe down sweetheart, no one’s gonna hurt you.”

“Go to hell,” I spit.

“Learn some manners you bitch,” the boy retorts, before going back to mumbling to himself…something about his love; I’m assuming he’s referring to a girlfriend.

“Fuck you bastard!” I yell as he releases me into a room, slamming the door in my face. Turning around I punch the wall.

“Rain, clam down,” a voice says from the corner.

Whipping around I put my hand on the girl’s throat, my face inches from hers, “All this is your fucking fault! If we hadn’t taken your sorry ass under out wing we wouldn’t be here! If you hadn’t fucked my best friend and gotten him so damn attached to you none of this would be happening! So, don’t you dare tell me to calm down you stupid slut!”

Releasing her I go back to punching the wall, hollering and growling like an animal. I don’t care if I was harsh. The slut fucked my best friend and then got us all dumped here. I hope she dies here.

Eventually, I wear myself out, slumping down against the wall, my head resting in my hands, blood dripping from my bloody knuckles onto the concrete floor. I’ve failed them all; Frank, Gerard, Evangeline…myself.

Later, I’m assuming it’s still the same day though I really have no idea due to the lack of windows; the same mumbling boy as before comes to get me. I’m drug down a hallway by my upper arm and thrown into a rather uncomfortable chair. As the colorful haired girl straps me in, the boy continues to mumble to himself. If my hands were free I’d strangle him.

Once the needles come out I begin to struggle. Although I usually don’t mind needles there is no way I want an untrained kid sticking a possibly dirty tool into me.

“The more you struggle the more it will hurt,” the girl says before leaving me alone in the room with the mumbling boy.

Knowing this to be true, I calm down long enough for the boy to stick the needle into my tattooed flesh. I’ll deal with the potential health complications later. Just as he turns his back I rip the needle out with my teeth, quickly beginning to unto the cloth straps with my teeth. A few seconds in the boy turns around. Due to his mistake of standing in front of me, I kick him in the knees, continuing to lash out at his head while I undo the second strap with my free hand.

“You stupid little bitch,” the boy growls, grabbing me by the ankle and pulling me to the ground.

Roughly I am dragged back to my cell and thrown in, the door closing with a loud clank behind me.

“Rain,” Evangeline says softly, “I’m really sorry.”

“If we ever get out of here I’ll forgive you.”


Author's Note: Sorry about the large gap between updates, I've been super busy with school. Anyway there is one up now which I hope you will all enjoy. Please remember to R&R. It's how I know people are actually reading and enjoying my fic.
Also here is the girl: http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac186/scenecorre/hfs053.jpg
And the boy: http://s3.amazonaws.com/readers/2009/11/05/lookalike_1.jpg
Sign up to rate and review this story