Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Lotus Girl

Mischief

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Hotaru calls Anna out for a little "spy cupid" game with Mike and Vivian.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2013-02-08 - Updated: 2013-02-09 - 846 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Fourteen: Mischief:

-Anna-

My cell rang that morning and I picked it up off the kitchen counter.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Anna!" a woman's voice chirped. "Just the person I wanted to talk to." I raised an eyebrow.

"Hotaru?" I asked.

"Yep!" she cheered.

"What do you want?" I asked. She giggled on the other end of the line.

"Play a little game with me!" she said.

"Huh?" I asked.

"A game!"

"Why?"

"Just go with me on this."

Already, I'm not enjoying this idea. "What kind of game?"

"A spy game!"

I frowned. "A spy game?"

"That's right."

"Okay… on who?"

"Mikey and Vivian!"

"Uh… why?"

Hotaru giggled. "Meet me at my house in an hour. Buh-bye!" She hung up before I could speak. I looked at my phone, frowning.

I stood at Wisteria House's door. When was the last time I had been here again? I knocked on the door with bated breath.

"Coming!" I heard Hoto-chan's voice float from inside. Countdown to disaster! Hotaru opened the door with a grin.

"Perfect!" she cheered. "You're here!" She pulled me in before I had a chance to speak.

I sat at the kitchen table. "Okay, what is this all about?" Hotaru served me tea as she grinned.

"It's the cupid spy game!" she cheered. I looked at her with a blank face. I turned to her son in his highchair. Akira only giggled and played with his food. I turned back to a smiling Hotaru.

"Yes," she said. "I'm going to get Mikey and Vivian-chan together!"

"Why?" I asked.

"He's got a thing for her, I can tell," Hotaru said. "And she's just so naïve about romance and sex. She's a virgin, you know?" I didn't speak at first. Apparently, she can be just as mischievous without Emiko. Oh boy…

"How can you be so sure of that?" I asked.

"My instincts with young love as a demon are never wrong!" she bragged. "This couple has to happen!" I frowned and narrowed my eyes at her. Clearly, there is no way to talk her out of this. Once she gets an idea, it's all set and ready to fly away. Emiko might have taught her well.

"But why me?" I asked. "Why not someone else?"

"Pul-leeze!" she brushed off. "Kazue's no fun! Lucy doesn't do romance. Rihoko has classes right now. What does Yoko-chan know about love at her age?" I drew my mouth closed. She does have a point…

"But why not the guys?" I asked.

"No!" Hotaru said. "It has to be a woman's touch!" I threw up my hands.

"Fine, fine!" I said. "I'll help you out." Her squeal hurt my ears.

"You are a good soul!" she cheered. She turned to the clock on the wall. "Oh, we have to hurry!" She pulled me out of my chair before I could ask.

We followed Vivian to the subway station. I tilted my head out at Hotaru held Akira to her chest.

"Uh… this may sound stupid," I said. "But, why did you bring Akira along with us?" She bounced the baby in her arms.

"I can't leave him with Kazue," she said. "She's lazy and won't take care of him properly."

"Couldn't you put him in daycare?"

"Why bother? I'm home most of the time anyway." I shut my mouth as a sweat drop formed on the back of my head. I can't argue with this woman. Hotaru looked up.

"There they are!" she said aloud.

"Huh?" I asked as I looked up.

"There!" she said as pointed ahead. I looked and saw Mike walking towards Vivian. I noticed Hoto-chan grinning.

"Let's get closer!" she whispered. I shrugged, sighing.

"Alright," I said. Hoto-chan began walking really fast.

"Keep up!" she whispered. Slow down, lady! They aren't leaving just yet. We got close enough to hear them talk. Vivian narrowed her eyes at Mike.

"What are you doing here?" she asked.

"I was told to see you off," he said.

"By who?"

"Who do you think?"

Vivian frowned. "Oh."

"Yeah."

"Now what?" she asked. I narrowed my eyes at the pair as I watched them from around the corner. Those two as a couple? I think Hotaru's instincts are wrong this time… I was about to voice my opinions when Hotaru held up her hand.

"I know what you are thinking," she said. "Give it time, they can't see it themselves. That is why we must guide them."

"We?" I whispered.

"I'm sorry," she said. "I must guide them to that. Better?"

"Yes…" I mumbled. Meanwhile, Mike kept his eyes on Vivian.

"Well, do you want to me to see you off?" he asked. Vivian shuffled her feet.

"Why?" she asked.

"I came all this way, I mean," he said. "So…" Vivian puffed up her cheeks and frowned.

"Whatever," she mumbled.

"Wanna go get some coffee?" he asked.

"Sure," she grumbled. The pair walked over to get their coffee. Hotaru nudged me on the arm.

"Let's go," she whispered. We trailed after Mike and Vivian for the rest of the morning.
Sign up to rate and review this story