Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Lotus Girl

Offer

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Anna gets an interesting offer that sets off red flags. Unsure of what to do, she calls Ju-Oh-Cho for some advice.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Horror - Published: 2013-02-09 - Updated: 2013-02-10 - 605 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Fifteen: Offer:

-Anna-

That evening, I came across a problem when I checked my e-mail and found a request.

"Job Offer?" I read. I clicked on the message.

Niwa-san:

I need your help with a case that I'm working on. Are you familiar with the Mori-chan murder case? I will be on IM at six o'clock.

Okamoto-san

I read the message again. Okay, what's this? How did a detective get my e-mail? I vaguely remember seeing the case on TV. Is he related to the victim in any way? I looked at my clock on the screen. It's about six already. So, this guy should be on in five… four… three… two… An instant message invite popped up on the screen. I clicked on the box to bring it up. ShounenLupin69 invites you for a chat, huh? That's an odd username for a detective. Each is to their own, I guess. I clicked accept.

"Hello," I typed. My potential client replied back after a few seconds.

"Hi," he wrote.

"I got your e-mail," I typed.

"Good. Are you familiar with the case?"

"Vaguely. Was it that little girl who got killed?"

"That's right."

"But didn't they already have a suspect? Wasn't it his new wife?"

"We did, but something doesn't add up."

I paused before typing when I saw where this was headed. "You don't believe she did it, do you?"

"No, the evidence is too circumstantial."

"So, why come to me?"

"I need you to summon the little girl's soul for the answers."

Figures, it had to be that. Even so, I have a few questions of my own. "How are you related to the child?" I typed.

"I'm not," he replied back. I stared at the message.

"Then… how did you find this ad?" I wrote back.

"Some doctor showed me," the potential client wrote back. An icy feeling came over my hand and spine.

"Who was this doctor?" I wrote.

"He wouldn't say," the potential client wrote.

"Why not?"

"He wouldn't say."

"I'll be right back." I reached for my phone and dialed Ju-Oh-Cho.

"Hello?" the operator asked.

"Ah yes," I said. "Can you put me through to Konoe-san, please?"

"One moment please," the operator said.

"Hello?" I heard the old man ask.

"Konoe-san?" I asked.

"Kimoto-san? What is it?"

I leaned back against the couch. "I have a question."

"What is it?" I read him the e-mail and chat log.

"And he won't say who?" Konoe asked.

"No," I said. "What should I do?"

"Turn them down."

"You sure?"

"We can't have any more risks for leaks. We will investigate the possible leak at Ju-Oh-Cho. In the meantime, put your work on hold."

"But…"

"No excuses! This is for your own safety, understood?"

"I understand, thank you for the advice. Goodbye." I hung up my phone. Stopping my work for my benefit, huh? I turned back to the screen. This was really going to hurt to do this.

"I am sorry," I wrote to the client. "But I cannot accept your request at this time. Only people in grief should be able to see the ad in the paper. I don't know how you or this doctor were able to see it. I would like to help, but the circumstances don't add up. Again, I'm so sorry."

"I understand," he wrote back. "I am so sorry to have wasted your time. Thank you for replying." I closed and logged out of the chat. I sat back and sighed. That's done, time to find another way to kill time. I puffed up my cheeks. That's sure to be an entertaining ride…
Sign up to rate and review this story