Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Class of the Titans: Land Of Dreams

Land of Dreams

by EilayAdnayVolieay 1 review

Archie and Atlanta wake up to find themselves in a strange place, but back at the dorm, they still haven't woken up--- what's going on? Theresa senses danger, but is she being overdramatic?

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama - Published: 2006-07-29 - Updated: 2006-07-30 - 1719 words

0Unrated
A/N: Here's the next chapter, I'll try to get the rest from ff.net posted here but if you're too impatient and want to read more, you can check it out there while I get it set up here. Same penname.

Disclaimer: CotT isn't mine.

Class of the Titans: Land of Dreams
EilayAdnayVolieay

Chapter Two: Land of Dreams

Atlanta stretched and yawned as she woke up. Sitting up, she looked around and gasped. Wherever she was, it definitely was not their living room. Archie, who had been lying next to her, was still fast asleep. Frowning at their situation, Atlanta turned to him and shook him until he woke up.

"What...?" he asked groggily. Then he noticed Atlanta sitting next to him and he jumped. "What are you doing in my room?" he asked her suddenly. Looking around, he soon saw that it was not actually his room that he was in, and he turned to Atlanta again. "Where are we?" he asked her.

"I... I have no idea." Atlanta admitted. She stood up and saw that they seemed to be outside. Archie soon followed her and they walked around for a bit before finally taking a break.

"Man this place seems so huge. Why haven't we been attacked or something yet? This has to be something Cronus has done," Archie added. Atlanta sat down on an enormous rock and nodded.

"Yeah and it would probably explain why we were so tired all of a sudden last night. Well, at least it would, if we... knew where we were." She turned to Archie and saw that he was fumbling around in his pocket. Looking back at his face, she asked, "What are you doing?" Archie pulled his communicator out and showed it to her.

"Contacting the team. They can track us and come get us. Or at least tell us where we are," Archie replied. "Jay, Theresa... Herry, Odie. Neil? Anyone?" Archie replied into the communicator. All he received as a response was static.

"I guess that means we can't talk to the team." Atlanta replied.

"Thanks for stating the obvious," Archie muttered. He sat down on the ground, leaning against a tree, and sighed. Where are we? Are we dreaming? No... although it wouldn't be the first time I've had a dream about Atlanta, this seems... too real.

"Sorry, I was just trying to make conversation. Who knew you could actually be quiet," Atlanta added. Archie turned to her, ready to retort, but then smiled and laughed.

"Yeah I guess that would come as a surprise. Come on, let's try and find out where we are." Archie replied, standing up. Atlanta stood up and walked over to him.

"Better than sitting here bored out of our minds," Atlanta added.

---

When Theresa woke up the next morning, she walked down the stairs, a bad feeling in the pit of her stomach. Walking into the living room, she saw that Archie and Atlanta were still lying on the couch, fast asleep. I hope that I'm just being paranoid. Theresa thought, worried. She jumped as she felt a hand on her shoulder and turned around to see Odie standing there.

"You okay?" he asked her. She looked back at Archie and Atlanta before finally nodding.

"Yeah, I'm... I'm okay. It's just... last night, I had another vision. Archie and Atlanta were in danger. I guess I'm just worried. And I find it strange that they both fell asleep on the couch, before we got back, and still stayed there all night." Odie walked over to them and knelt down, observing them.

"They seem to be okay," Odie replied. "Maybe they were just really tired," he suggested. Theresa forced a smile.

"Maybe." she replied. Still, she couldn't shake the feeling that even now, they were in danger. She was going to go see Hera, and see if the woman thought Theresa was being paranoid. Odie watched her leave, and he seemed worried. Better go wake up the others. Theresa might be on to something, Odie thought.

"Jay! Herry! Neil!" Odie called. He had gone up the stairs and was now calling into the guys rooms. He could hear them groaning, but at the moment it didn't matter. Jay, always one to be ready for anything, was the first one to emerge from the rooms.

"What's up?" he asked Odie.

"Theresa seems to think that Archie and Atlanta are going to be in some kind of danger, soon. They're still asleep on the couch," Odie added. Jay smirked.

"Oh, really..." he replied. He turned around as a complaining Neil and a yawning Herry came out of their rooms. "So, where is Theresa?" Jay asked casually.

"She left, she never said where but I'm assuming she's at the school. I don't know if we should leave Archie and Atlanta alone though," Odie added. They began walking down the stairs and Neil, who had previously been admiring his image in the mirror, quickly spoke up.

"They deserve their privacy," he replied. Odie turned to him and sighed.

"That's not exactly what I meant, Neil. They might already be in danger."

"But their just sleeping, how can that be dangerous?" Herry asked.

"I don't know, Herry." Odie replied. They put on their shoes and walked out, heading for the school.

---

Atlanta saw a creature on the path in front of them and pulled Archie into the shadows. Archie, who hadn't seen anything, turned to her confused.

"What are you-?" Archie stopped talking as Atlanta covered his mouth and peered out from the shadows at the thing on the path. Half-woman, half-snake... it could only be Lamia. Once a beautiful woman, Lamia had been turned into the monster she was now by Hera.

"That's Lamia," Atlanta whispered, pointing at the monster.

"You mean... the one that eats travelers?" Archie asked. He seemed a bit frightened at first, but determined to look braver than he felt in front of Atlanta, he pulled his weapon out of his pocket. "Big deal," he replied, shrugging. Atlanta rolled her eyes and backed away.

"Fine, go fight it." Atlanta replied, crossing her arms. "But if she's survived this long, what makes you think we can do this on our own?" Archie frowned, and ran out to attack.

"Archie!" Atlanta cried out. Lamia turned her head and smiled as she saw Archie standing in front of her. He gulped as she lowered her head, and backed away. Atlanta rushed to him, but Lamia hit her with her tail.

"Atlanta!" Archie turned back to Lamia, and tried to swing his whip around her.

"You think you can defeat me?" Lamia hissed. She hit Archie with her tail, knocking him back into a tree. Atlanta shot at her with her weapon, and Lamia turned her attention to her.

"Archie!" Atlanta shouted. Archie rushed over to her and nodded. He swung his whip at Lamia, and Atlanta shot at her. "RUN!" she replied. They started running and Lamia slithered after them. Sliding across the ground, they found a cave that Lamia wouldn't be able to go into, and they went inside.

"I can't believe we just ran from a fight." Archie replied, after Lamia had slithered by.

"Well what do you think we should have done? We might be good fighters, but even with all of the team we can't always defeat the monsters. Normally we don't have to." Atlanta added. She grabbed her own communicator from her pocket and tried to contact the team again, but just like it had for Archie, all she heard was static.

"Great," Archie replied. "We're in some messed up place that's overrun with weird monsters, we can't contact the team, and we're stuck in here until some snake leaves. Could it get any worse?" Archie asked. At that moment, it started raining, and he sat down on a rock inside of the cave.

"It just got worse," Atlanta replied.

---

Theresa walked through the blue portal and stepped into the room. Hera was already in there, saving her the time of having to find her. She rushed over to her.

"Hera! I had a vision, and..." Theresa saw that Hera wasn't replying. Cautiously, she walked over t her. "Hera?" she asked. Hera, who seemed to have previously been deep in thought, turned around and faced her.

"Oh, Theresa... I didn't see you there." Hera replied.

"Listen, Hera... I had a vision, and I think that Atlanta and Archie are in trouble. And it's strange... they both fell asleep on the couch last night, before we got home, and they were still there this morning. It didn't even look like they had moved at all." Theresa added. Hera frowned, and started walking away a little, before turning around.

"What is this vision you had?" she asked finally. Theresa laughed sheepishly.

"Well... I couldn't exactly see much. All I know is I saw Archie and Atlanta, but they were alone. They looked terrified and they were running... I don't know where, and I don't know what from. It just bothered me. And Atlanta said she thought she saw Cronus' portal yesterday when she was boarding with Archie," Theresa added. Hera stared at her thoughtfully.

"We should keep an eye on the two of them. For now, there is nothing we can do except be on guard. Tell me anything else you might know, and I will look into it." Hera replied. Sighing, Theresa nodded. Somehow, she had figured that Hera would say something like that. Turning around, she started to go through the portal, but she stopped and turned around.

"Hera?" Hera turned around.

"Yes, Theresa?"

"I know that there's something going on, right now. Archie and Atlanta... I sense them in danger, grave danger, but... they haven't left the couch. I'm really worried about them." Hera stared back at her sadly.

"I am too, Theresa." she replied softly, after Theresa had passed through the portal again. "I am too."

A/N: Well there's the next chapter, I have a few more from the other site to post up and then you guys are allllll set. BOOYAH! If you're going to review, please be honest about what you think. If I ever want to be a professional writer, I need some feedback now for future reference. Thanks, and 'til next time...
Sign up to rate and review this story