Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Both Sides of the Story

Chapter 5

by Live-A-Little 0 reviews

What happened to Max 5 years ago?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2013-02-16 - Updated: 2013-02-16 - 802 words

0Unrated
Chapter 5 – Death and Teenage Dreams

Jack's POV

I was on my way to see Max and I saw a flower shop. I stopped and bought a bunch of beautiful white lilies. I pulled up outside her apartment a few minutes later and I ran up the stairs. I let myself in with the spare key and held the flowers behind my back.

"Maxy? Maxine?" I called out and she walked out of her room, looking a little sad.

Hi Jack," she mumbled.

"These are for you!" I said, holding out the flowers. She frowned.

"Is this some kind if sick joke?" she snatched the bunch of flowers and threw them on the floor. "Why did you get me lilies, Jack, white lilies? Get out." She turned around and stormed into her room, slamming and locking the door behind her.

"Why did I hear Max shouting?" a voice came from behind me. Huh, I thought, I forgot to close the door. I turned out to see Callie looking around the room with Zack behind her. Her eyes caught sight of the lilies on the floor. "Oh, the flowers?" she asked. I nodded.

"Sit down Jack. I'll explain." Callie said, picking up the flowers. Zack mumbled something about finding some food, which resulted in Callie teasing him that they'd just eaten. She placed the flowers on the table then she sat down next to me on the couch.

"Why did I do wrong?" I asked.

"It's not you," Callie sighed, "5 years ago, Maxine's parents and her little brother died in a car crash." I gasped, she had told me she wasn't in contact with them and she didn't mention a little brother! I did some mental math.

"She was 14 when the died?"

"Yeah. It happened the day before her 15th birthday," Callie continued, "For the funeral the only flower the used were white lilies." Then I realized.

"Her birthday's next week."

"She doesn't celebrate her birthday, that's why she tries to make everyone else's birthday awesome."

"Why didn't she just tell me," I stood up, "I'm gonna go. Thanks Callie," I walked past the kitchen to see Zack feeding the dog half a sandwich. I chuckled a little and left.

-oOo-

"Do you want to come visit my parents with me, Jack," Maxine asked me. It was the day before her birthday, or the 5th anniversary of her parents' and her little brother's death.

"Er…" I started.

"I mean you don't have to if you don't want to…I just wanted to introduce you to them. But if it makes you uncomfortable then-"

"I would like to," I interrupted. She smiled slightly and hugged me.

"Thank you." She whispered, "Can we go now?"

"Of course."

It was a twenty minute drive to the cemetery. She led me to three headstones side by side. She sat in front of the headstones and motioned for me to sit next to her.

"Hi guys. Another year, huh?" She laughed softly. "I'm coping. But it's still hard. It's okay though, I have Callie…and Zack and Rian and Alex…and Jack, my boyfriend, I brought him with me. He's awesome." I smiled. "I'm not going to stay long. Sorry. But I'll come back soon." She stood up and pulled me to my feet.

"Thanks for coming," she kissed me on the cheek and held my hand.

"Its okay," I replied.

-oOo-

Max's POV

Zack and I were playing Halo on the Xbox and he had killed me a hundred times. I heard singing coming from the bathroom.

You think I'm pretty without any make-up on,

You think I'm funny when I tell the punch line wrong.


"Is Callie singing?" Zack asked me. I shrugged.

"I think so let's check it out." We stood in the door way of the bathroom and saw Callie washing Smudge in the bath singing Teenage Dream by Katy Perry.

You make me,

Feel like I'm living a Teenage Dream,

The way you turn me on.


"Callie?" I said. No response. I turned to Zack. "This happens a lot, you'd think she had headphones in. Watch. Hey, Cals, Zack's leaving." Again, no response. "You try."

"Callie? I'm going to go kill myself. So if you wanna say goodbye…" She carried on singing and and washing Smudge. I tried again.

"Zack and I are going to get married in Vegas. See ya." There was a big splash from Smudge soaking Callie and effectively stopping her singing. Zack and I burst out laughing. She turned around and glared at us.

"Not funny guys," She growled.

"Sorry," I laughed.

"Out." Callie said, crossing her arms.

"Okay, but Max and I are going to get married now, thanks for the blessing." Zack said walking out.

"Whatever," Callie said. I followed Zack and then heard Callie shout, "Wait, WHAT!"
Sign up to rate and review this story