Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Both Sides of the Story

Chapter 4

by Live-A-Little 1 review

It's Callie's birthday, what does she get?!

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2013-02-16 - Updated: 2013-02-16 - 1053 words

0Unrated
Chapter 4 – I Love You

Callie and I were sitting on the sofa together. I had my arm around her, pulling her closely to my side. Jack and Maxine were opposite us in a similar position.

"I know it's two months away," Maxine said, "but seriously Callie, what do you want for your birthday?"

"Oh nothing," Callie said, shrugging her shoulders.

"Birthdays mean presents Callie," Jack said, sitting up, "And if you don't want presents then you are rubbish."

"Hey! Don't be mean to my…" I paused. I was going to say girlfriend, but I realized that even though Callie had kissed a few times, we weren't official. I was going to ask her on the date tonight. "My…Callie?" Everything was silent, until Jack and Max burst out laughing.

"Anyway," Max said, once she had calmed down from laughing at me, "I could pay for you together another tattoo." That reminded me…

"Callie, you still haven't shown me your tattoo," I said, "It isn't anywhere inappropriate, is it?"

"Not really…it's…above somewhere inappropriate," she blushed.

"Are you going to show me?" I asked before I could stop myself.

"I'll show you later," she said, turning an even deeper shade of red.

Jack and Max burst out laughing again, so I threw a cushion at them.

"Hush, you two!" Callie rolled her eyes at them.

-oOo-

It has been a week since I asked Callie to be my girlfriend and she said yes. I was trying to get her the perfect present for her birthday, so I met up with Max to discuss birthday presents.

"I was think of getting her some Paramore tickets." Maxine said, it took my back to when Callie showed my her tattoo of the Paramore butterfly.

"Do you still want to see my tattoo, Zack?" Callie asked me, when we were in the kitchen making some popcorn.

"Er…y-yeah," I stammered. I was not expecting that. She turned around and lifted the back of her t-shirt up slowly. I gasped, it was so beautiful. It was the Paramore butterfly. I took an involuntary step forward. I reached my hand forward and traced the outline of the delicate pattern with my finger. She shivered.

"Wow, Callie," I said. She faced me and I placed my hands on her hips before leaning forward and kissing her.

"I take it, you like my tattoo," Callie smirked.

"Love it."


"Yeah that's an awesome idea." I frowned, "Why can't I think of anything!" Maxine placed her hand on my shoulder.

"You think you of something," Then it hit me.

"I'll get her a puppy!" Maxine squealed.

"Oh my god! That's….Oh my God!" I laughed at her speechlessness. "You should get her a little black Labrador, she's always wanted one."

"Thanks Max," I said hugging her.

-oOo-

It was Callie's birthday and I was currently sitting in my car with a cute little puppy on my lap, waiting for a text from Maxine telling me it was time. I was stroking the puppy when my phone buzzed.

CALLIE IS READY FOR HER SURPRISE. RIAN HAS THE VIDEO CAMERA READY TO RECORD HER REACTION. SEE YOU IN A MINUTE.

I picked up the little puppy and got out of my car. I walked up the stairs as quick as I could. I knocked on the door with my foot and waited. Callie swung the door open and froze.

"Happy Birthday, Sweetheart," I said, holding out the puppy. She took the puppy and held him tightly to her chest, as if to see if it was real.

"No way!" Callie squealed, "First Paramore tickets, now a puppy!" She turned around to go back into the apartment and noticed Rian and Alex there with a camcorder each in their hands.

"You filmed me," Callie asked, eyebrows raised.

"Yup," Alex said, popping the 'p'.

"Well film this," she said. She placed the puppy on the floor and it ran into the living room. Then she turned and kissed me. "Thank you so much Zack. I love you." Alex gasped. Callie had just said she loved me. We hadn't said that to each other, not really.

"I love you too, Callie," I whispered, kissing her again.

"Aw that's so sweet guys," Rian said.

"Come on Callie," I said grabbing her hand, "Let's go find your puppy and name him." We walked into the living room to find Maxine and Jack making out on the sofa.

"Seriously, get a room!" Alex said, angrily. They pulled apart, obviously embarrassed.

"No. You two are going to help name my puppy." Callie said, as the puppy ran up to her feet, "Aw… look how sweet this puppy is."

-oOo-

"Lola?"

"Alex, the dog is a dude."

"Shut up Rian."

"How about Luke?"

"No"

"James?"

"No."

"Alex?"

"Shut up, Jack!"

"Lucky?"

"Too cheesy."

"Tracey?"

"I thought we'd established that the dog is a dude, Alex!"

"Just name it Dog."

"Very clever Max."

"Whatever."

"Bob?"

"Shut up, Pumpkin head!"

"Don't call me a Pumpkin head, Jack."

"Well you are a Pumpkin head, Zack, you got her the puppy!"

"Rian you wanted to keep it."

"Shut up, Pumpkin head!"

"Max."

"Alex."

"Jack."

"Rian."

"Calling out your own names isn't going make this go any faster."

One and a half hours later…

"How about you just name the damn dog after Zack since you love him so much," Max said, annoyed.

"No but then I'd have to call it 'Sexy' and that would be weird." Callie said, matter of factly.

"You do realize what you just said Callie," Rian said, looking up from his phone.

"Oh crap," Callie said, "Just think of a name everyone!" We fell into silence, each of us think of a name for the cute black Labrador running around in the middle of the circle we were sitting in.

"Smudge." Max said, all of a sudden.

"Oh my God! Yes!" Callie exclaimed and picked up the puppy. Everyone, apart from Max looked confused.

"When I was younger I asked my mom for a puppy for Christmas. She said no, so I'd always write stories about my little black Labrador called Smudge." Callie explained.

"Why didn't I think of this before? Would have saved so much time!" Max said leaning into Jack.

"Thank you guys. This was the best birthday ever!" Callie said.
Sign up to rate and review this story