Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Both Sides of the Story

Chapter 3

by Live-A-Little 0 reviews

Admissions of love

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2013-02-16 - Updated: 2013-02-16 - 1291 words

0Unrated
Chapter 3 – I'm Falling In Love With You

Zack's POV

The nurse to fix up my nose took forever. She was flirting with me the whole time but all I could think about was Callie. When the nurse had let me go - but not after writing her number down and slipping it in my pocket - I went to see Callie. When I reached her room, I almost cried at the sight of her helpless little body. I walked over to the bed where she lay. She had her head bandaged up, but that was the worst I could see. She was asleep so I held her hand gently and kissed her forehead gently.

"Callie," I whispered, "You look so peaceful" I took a deep breath. There was something about her that made me want to tell her all my secrets. "I know I only met you yesterday...geez I feel like I've known you a long time. But that's probably because I saw you beautiful face so many times before I met you. You are amazing, Callie, and you didn't deserve for this to happen to you. I really like you Callie. I feel like I'm falling in love with you..." I stopped talking because I felt stupid. She couldn't hear me. I kissed her forehead again and went to find Maxine.

Max's POV

It'd been a month since the incident with Callie's parents. A lot had changed. Callie was living in my apartment with me. She and Zack had grown really close. We were becoming really good friends with all the boys, in fact Jack and I had started dating.

Callie and I had just finished eating our lunch. I switched on the TV and Callie said, "I'm going to have a shower." She walked out of the room tying up her red hair. I turned back to the TV and my phone buzzed. It was a message from Jack.

DO YOU WANNA HANG OUT? I MISS YOU XX

I smiled to myself. And texted him back.

AW, YOU SAW TWO DAYS AGO, BUT I MISS YOU TOO. WHAT DID YOU HAVE IN MIND? XX

I didn't have to wait long for the reply.

I WANTED TO SEE THE NEW TRANSFORMERS MOVIE. DOES THAT SOUND GOOD? XX

Oh crap. Callie wanted to see it. But I wanted to see Jack. I'd just have to make it up to her later...

SOUNDS AWESOME. I'LL SEE YOU AT ABOUT SIX-ISH? XX

I wondered how I was going to break the news to Callie. My phone buzzed again.

OKAY, I'LL PICK YOU UP. XX

I stuffed my phone in my pocket, just as Callie was leaving the bathroom. I ran past her and into the bathroom.

"Maxy! Slow down!" She exclaimed.

"Can't, going on a date with Jack to the movies," I hoped she wouldn't ask what we were going to see.

"Oh right, what are you going to see?" She asked. I bit my lip guiltily.

"The new transformers movies," I blurted out while slamming the bathroom door shut and locking it.

"WHAT!" I heard her shout.

"Sorry!" I shouted through the door. "I'll make it up to you."

"You better…" Callie muttered and walked away.

-oOo-

I walked out of my room wearing my bright pink skinny jeans with a white tank top and my white converse. I walked into Callie's room to find her gazing out of her window.

"Thinking about Zack?" I teased. She turned her head and stuck her tongue out at me, "Very mature Callie. Anyway. Are you going to be okay on your own?" I asked. I felt really bad.

"Yup," she answered turning back to the window.

"Are you sure? Because you could call Zack if you want?" I offered.

"No."

"Oh come on. You know you want him here,"

"Stop it Maxy."

"Okay, I'm sorry," I said then muttered, "You didn't say I couldn't call him." I walked out of her room into the kitchen. I dialled Zack's and waited for him to pick up.

"Hello?" He answered.

"Hi Zack, its Max."

"Oh. Is there something wrong with Callie?" He sounded panicked.

"No. Well…kinda… You see, I'm going out with Jack soon and-"

"Wait, Jack?"

"Yes Jack. Anyway, Callie's going to be all alone and I was wondering if you wanted to come over and keep her company." I crossed my finger, even though I was pretty sure he'd say yes.

"Sure." I smiled.

"Well, she doesn't actually know I've called you so I'll leave a key under the welcome mat for you."

"Okay, I'll see you later then."

"Yeah, thanks Zack. Bye."

"Bye." And he hung up.

Zack's POV

I grinned at the thought of seeing Callie again. I jumped into my car and made the short drive to Max and Callie's apartment, even shorter. I ran up the steps and got the key Maxine was talking about. I took a deep breath and opened the door. I walked in silently and was greeted by the strumming of a guitar and an amazing voice singing. I walked towards Callie's room.

If I were to die today,

I'll say I love you a thousand times,

I don't wanna leave you behind,

But the world has left me with no other choice,

But you could save me,

If you,

I felt myself being drawn in by the lyrics. It was entrancing.

Keep my heart in your hands

And never let it go


I followed the music, but being the clumsy idiot I am, I walked into a table, knocking it over. The voice singing stopped immediately.

"Who's there! I've got a guitar I can hit you on the head with! And I'm not afraid to use it, I think… Don't hurt me," Callie said, panicked.

I walked into her room with my arms up in surrender, to find her backed into the corner holding her guitar up looking extremely frightened.

"I'm sorry," I said lowering my arms.

"Oh my God! Zack! You scared the living shit out of me!" she squealed.

"I'm sorry," I apologised again, "Maxine sent me, and she said you were lonely."

"Of course she would," she muttered.

"What that song you were singing? You voice is amazing!" I said. She blushed.

"I don't think so. Do you want to watch a movie?" She asked, changing the subject. I decided to let it go, for now.

-oOo-

Callie and I were the kitchen making sandwiches. We had just finished watching the first Transformers movie, after Callie grumbled that Max was a bitch.

"Hey, Zack?" Callie said. I looked at her. "I wanna tell you something," I nodded for her to carry on, "I head what you said in the hospital. It was the best damn thing I've ever heard but I had to hear it in the worst damn place ever!" My eyes widened in shock.

"You heard..." then it clicked, "The best thing you've ever heard?"

"Yes," she said and turned away. I pulled on her arm gently and turned her back.

"Callie," I whispered, "I meant every word of what I said."

"Zack," she whispered back, so quietly I almost didn't hear her, "I'm falling for you. I'm falling so hard, so fast and it scares me. I need you to catch me."

I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her closer. So close that I could feel her sweet breath on my face.

"I'll catch you, Callie, and I'll hold onto you forever." I whispered and pressed my lips to hers to seal the deal. She kissed my back and wrapped her arms around my neck, pulling me closer. She pulled back slightly.

"Thank you." She whispered and I pressed my lips to hers once more.
Sign up to rate and review this story