Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Both Sides of the Story

Chapter 2

by Live-A-Little 1 review

A surprise visit from Zack turns into an unfortunate event for Callie

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2013-02-16 - Updated: 2013-02-16 - 1319 words

0Unrated
Chapter 2 – Sneezing Closets and Bleeding Heads

Zack's POV

Three hours later and Jack and Alex were wasted. And I mean totally pissed. I think they were both trying to impress Maxine. She's didn't seem to care that they were flirting with her, probably because she was a little tipsy. Callie and I were the only ones who managed to stay sober. Rian had gone off with some girl, Kara I think her name was.

It took Callie and me about 10 minutes to get Jack and Alex out of the club and into my car. Maxine followed them giggling the whole time.

"Maxine, I'm going to drop off first, alright?" I said, once I started driving. I looked in my rearview mirror to see her sitting in between Alex and Jack. Alex was whispering in her ear and Jack was playing with her hair. I smiled and looked at Callie, "Then you, Callie," She blushed and looked away from me. Aw, she's so cute.

"Jack, Alex, I think you guys can stay with me tonight. And Alex there'll be no convincing Jack to jump out of a window." Callie laughed from next me. Her laugh was incredibly sexy.

I reached Maxine's apartment in no time. While Jack was getting out of the car, he fell onto the sidewalk, earning himself a laugh from everyone else.

I continued the short drive to Callie's house; she still lived with her parents. A fact I learned when we were talking.

"Thanks Zackary." She said, winking as she opened the car door. Since I told her I didn't like being called 'Zachary', she had taken it upon herself to call me that.

"That's okay." I smiled, as she got out of the car. "Wait, can I have your number?" She looked back at me, shyly.

"Thanks." I said, "I'll see you later."

"Bye," she waved, and then walked towards her house. I saw her parents standing by her front door, they looked kinda angry. As she approached them, I saw her dad say, well more like shout something at her. Her mom started saying something and pointed at me. I took it as my cue to go. I looked down and turned the engine on. I looked up in time to see Callie's mom slap her. As her mom's hand made contact with Callie's face, I felt a shiver run down my spine. I sped away, shaken by what I had seen.

Max's POV

I hadn't received a call or text from Callie since the night before. It was now 2pm, so I decided to go to her house. I walked the short walk to Callie's house and knocked on the front door. I didn't have to wait long for her mom to answer the door.

"Hello Maxine," she said, hugging me.

"Hello Andrea," I said in reply.

"Callie is in her room." She said.

"Thanks," and I walked up the stairs to Callie's room. I knocked on her bedroom door. Callie has this thing were you have to knock on her door and wait for her answer before you walk in.

"One second," Callie said from inside her room. I heard shuffling and then, "Come in," I opened the door and looked around. Her walls were a very beautiful shade of purple, that I envied, but they were covered in many posters.

"Hey Callie," I said, walking in and sitting on her bed. She sat next me, eyes shifting to her closet.

"Hi, what brings you to my room?" She asked.

"You didn't answer my calls or texts." I answered frowning.

"Oh, my dad took away my phone and laptop. I got home too late," she explained.

"Oh that's okay. Well, I-" I didn't get to finish my sentence because I was cut off by a sneeze from Callie's closet.

"Callie, did your closet just sneeze!" I exclaimed. She jumped up and stood in front of her closet.

"No! Of course not. Don't be silly Maxy," Callie said, nervously. I decided to let it go even though I was still suspicious.

"Anyway, as I was saying, I've brought-" I was cut off again, but this time by the sound of a ringing phone.

Fell in love with the girl at the rock show, she so…

I heard movement from inside her closet, them someone mumbling, "Sorry."

"Who's in the closet, Callie?" I asked. She sighed and opened her closet door and Zack came tumbling out. I looked at them suspiciously.

"Zack! What were you doing in my closet?" Callie asked, pretending to be surprised.

"I don't actually know…" Zack said, blushing. I burst out laughing at how cute Zack and Callie were. Zack and Callie…hmm…I could call them 'Zallie'. I stopped laughing because I heard footsteps coming up the stairs.

"Quick!" Callie said, "Under the bed!" Zack jumped down to the floor and shimmied under the bed. Callie and I sat on the bed quickly.

"Wow, never knew you were the type to hide boy's in your room, Cal," I whispered just as her mom knocked on the door.

"Come in," Callie said. Andrea popped her head round the door.

"Would you girls like a drink?" She asked.

"Three sodas, please," Callie said, trying not to sound like it was strange. It took a lot for me not to giggle.

"Three sodas?" Her mom asked just to be sure.

"Yeah, I'm really thirsty," I said, quickly. Andrea raised her eyebrow, before leaving the room. The door closed and when we were sure that Andrea was gone, Zack out from under the bed as we burst out laughing. I guess we were laughing too loud because we didn't notice Callie's mom walk back into the room until…

"WHO THE HELL IS THIS!"

We were frozen in shock. Callie got up off her bed and said, "Mom, this is Zack."

"Hi, Mrs. Jones," he said. I couldn't help but laugh at this, but I shut up pretty quickly when Andrea glared at me.

"Why is he in your room, Callie," Andrea asked, ignoring Zack's politeness, "Wait, until your dad gets home, you're going to be-" she was interrupted by the front door opening and closing, then, "Honey, I'm home." I guessed that it was Callie's dad, Andrew.

"Andrew, you need to come up here." Andrea called back. Zack and I looked at each other uncomfortably. I noticed Zack, glance at the window, that's probably how he got in.

"I'm think I'm going to leave…" I started saying.

"No," Andrea snapped. I stood behind Zack, slightly scared as Andrew entered the room.

"What's- WHO THE HELL IS THIS AND WHAT IS HE DOING IN MY DAUGHTER'S ROOM!" Andrew shouted.

"Dad, I can explain!" Callie sobbed.

"It's the boy that dropped her off last night," Andrea stated. Callie's hand flew to her cheek.

"How dare you come into my house," Andrew shifted his attention to Zack. "How dare you come into my daughter's room!" he roared as he lunged at Zack hitting him in the middle of his face. He stumbled into me and I fell on the floor landing on my wrist. I hissed in pain but ignored it because Zack was probably in a lot more pain than me. Callie held Zack's face in her hand and gasped.

"I think it's broken," she whispered, she faced her dad, "How could you do this dad! I hate-" her dad interrupted her shouts by punching he ran the face. She fell backwards and hit her head on the radiator.

"Callie!" I screamed and rushed over to her, Zack right behind me, "Callie?" I called. She groaned and reached up and touched the back of her head. She pulled back her hand to find it was covered in blood. I burst into tears as Zack called an ambulance.

Oh please say Callie's going to be alright. I can't lose her! She's the only family I have.
Sign up to rate and review this story