Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Freedom in our hearts

Chapter 1

by Acid_Joker 1 review

xo

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2013-02-17 - Updated: 2013-08-25 - 4410 words

2Original
Frank looked around his room and sighed. He hated his government. Now, because of them, he had to go live somewhere with a stranger who could be an old, fat man for all he knew. You see, America has changed a lot since Kastro Laspside, a gay man from a small town in Wisconsin announced being pregnant and giving birth to a healthy baby girl nine months later- the world became crazy about it, and scientists started making researches on the poor man. And, as the results came it became true that, actually more than 3/4 of the male population can get pregnant. Since then, homophobia started to fade as the excuse of extinguishing human race and nature wasn’t useful anymore- but that wasn't everything that happened.
A few years after this discovery, a nuclear war broke loose- which was later classified as World War III- and most part of the world population died. The survivors hid and settled on what was known as North America, these countries being Canada, The United States and Mexico, which later on united to form one single nation known as Causme. Said country divides in 24 vicinities- each of them named and called by their number of vicinity. They are all equal, and they share goods and services in between them.
But that’s mostly all the freedom they have.
The rest of your life is basically controlled by the government from the moment you turn eighteen- they make you a test at your last year of school, asking all your goods, qualities and preferences, because then this test is taken and scanned at the government headquarters, so they can get a perfect match for you.
Yes, a match. The government sends you off to any other vicinity, which isn't yours to marry someone you don’t know anything about-not even their name, and had no idea they existed until a few hours before your wedding. It can vary between a man and a woman, depending on your preferences-they ask you that on the exam- and send you off to live to your husband’s place. In the case of males, they send you off to the wealthier of them both or to the male’s house who can’t conceive, which is Frank’s case is his future husband’s.
And, frankly, the worst of this all is that he’s considered the woman on this relationship.
Anyways, as Frank paces the room, packing a small backpack with a few belongings- like his music, a few clothes and personal objects-, his mother comes in, teary-eyed. “Oh, mom.” He says, going over to her and wrapping her in a huge, Frank Iero bear hug. “Sweetheart, promise me you’ll write as soon as possible.” She says, sniffling. He nods. “I promise mom, don’t worry.” He says, and then turns to his father who is standing there, face cold like stone, but in his eyes he looked sad. “We’ll miss you, son. Remember to write to us, and behave well.” He says the last part with a mocking tone to his voice, which made Frank smile softly. “I’ll try. But I won’t promise anything.” He says, and they all share a brief, warm laugh- probably the last one they will share for a while.
Frank’s mom, Linda, sighs and wraps her arms around her two boys, them both following suit, engulfing the small family on a big, group hug. They stayed like that during what seemed like hours but were probably minutes, until a knock came to the door. Linda started crying again, while Frank father’s, also named Frank tried comforting her. His mother gave Frank one last kiss and a bone-crushing hug, the kind that only mothers can give. “Be safe.” She says, and Frank smiles. “I will.” He says, before hugging her and making an epic bro-fist with his father. “Write to us. If you don’t, you’ll be grounded for the rest of your life.” Frank’s dad says, with the same mocking tone as before.
Frank opened his mouth to respond, but there was another knock on the door, this time louder and impatient, so Frank, instead of replying simply nods and says, “I will,” before grabbing his backpack and Pansy’s case, his beloved guitar and descending the stairs. Just as he got to the bottom, he glanced one more time to his parents, who were smiling sadly, tears streaming down his mother’s and father’s glassy eyes. “goodbye.” He said, before opening the door to reveal a man in a suit with the Presidential logo printed on a pin on his left side. “By time.” The man says impatiently, before looking at him. “Frank Anthony Iero Jr.?” the man asks, to which Frank nods. “Let’s get you to the train going to your new vicinity, which will be…” he looks down to a list, before adding, “Vicinity nine. Get in the car; we have some other people to pick up before we leave.” Frank nods again, feeling his palms starting to sweat. He makes his way to the car that is more like a bus, and climbs in, finding it almost full. He looks nervously around, finding familiar and unfamiliar faces. There are some girls from his school, as well as males he’s seen more than once at the Vicinity Twenty-one local park.
He then sees something he isn't expecting- Ray Toro, his, what you could call best, and only friend was sitting there at the back, biting his nails and glancing nervously around. Frank smirks and makes his way over to Ray, who snaps his head up the moment Frank’s ass hits the uncomfortable cushion of the bus seat. “Hey, Toro!” Frank says, a grin forming on his lips. “Frank.” He says, amused. “Never thought I’d find you here. You’re also being shipped away?” Ray asks, a dark chuckle mixed at the end. “Yeah.” He says, looking down to the bus carpeted floor. “This sucks.” Ray says after a few minutes of silence. “Hey,” Frank says, looking up to him. “At least we are going to the same place, right?” He asks, smirking widely as Ray’s face scrunches up in realization. “That’s true!” Ray says, his ‘fro bouncing up and down to his exited words.
Frank giggles and soon Ray joins, and their fit of giggles later become loud, obnoxious laughter, which earns them dirty looks from other passengers and workers. But they simply ignored the annoyed people around them and simply laughed louder. It was actually pretty relaxing to know that they were laughing this loudly by no reason whatsoever, and that they both kept on laughing until they were cut off by a female voice saying, “To all passengers. Please, exit the bus- we’re at the train station with the destination of Vicinity Nine.” Through the speakers. The joy in frank’s stomach suddenly became tight knots, making themselves tighter-if that’s even possible- with every step he took, and he could tell by Ray’s expression as they exited the bus, guitar cases and backpacks in hand that he felt the same. When they boarded the train, they were instantly lead to a cabin with way more comfortable red cushions, where the person who took them there told them that they would have to wait there until they get to Vicinity 9 the next morning.
A few hours later, right after dinner was brought to their cabin and Ray had gone to sleep, Frank lay there on his bed/seat, wondering about who his new husband may be. Would he be kind, or will he be a dick? Blonde or brown hair? Pale or tanned skin? And more questions ran around Frank’s mind, until he finally managed to get the train’s velocity lull him to sleep.
--
Frank is woken up by Ray throwing a Pillow at him and the smell of coffee. As Frank sits up, he realizes that the curtains are drawn back, and the quickly moving landscape passes right before his eyes in a mess of green, blue, orange, and purple. The sun is still yet to rise, and the sky for what he can see is still a pinkish-purple color, and Frank glares at Ray. “Why so early?” he asks, suppressing a yawn. “dude, there was an announce that we would be at number nine in a few hours, so we should have breakfast and get ready for our ‘wedding.’” Ray says, adding fake comma marks when he says the word wedding. He has all the reasons to- after all, the weddings were not more than getting introduced to your husband and signing some official papers in front of a judge, right on the same train station, exchanging golden bands with the initials of you and your new match, and then leaving to your new house.
Frank sighed, before taking a sip from his coffee. It burned his mouth, but it felt good on his tongue and down his throat. He sighs and drinks the rest, before nodding and going to the bathroom attached to their suit.”I’m taking a shower.” Frank says, before entering the bathroom and turning on the lights. It is nothing special- only plastic floors instead of carpeted and it has a shower as well as a toilet. Frank jumps into the shower, the cold water waking him up fully.

When he finishes, he towel-dries his heir and gets out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist, grabs his backpack and enters the bathroom again. He changes into a pair of black skinny jeans and a button-up white shirt along with a red tie and military boots, before putting on a faint ghost of red & black eyeliner. Just as he comes out of the bathroom, Ray enters the bathroom stating that he needs a shower, too. Frank simply smiles, because the poor guy’s probably as nervous as Frank is.
About two hours later, the sun is bright and up, the sky is blue with a few puffy white clouds and the train is slowing down in front of the Vicinity Nine train station, which is located right outside the city, where a beautiful green meadow lays. Frank gulps and sees Ray do the same, as the crowd of men stand, ready to receive their wives/husbands and go home probably to… celebrate their marriage.
The moment the train stops, the doors open and a woman dressed in a black pencil skirt, white button-up shirt and blazer exits the train, as smiles warmly at everyone. “Good morning.” She says, a microphone held on her right hand and a tablet on the other. “now, if you’d let me I’ll start saying the names of the couples and you can go over there-“ she points over to a fancy table lined up with papers, small boxes (which probably contain the rings) and a judge sitting right behind it. “-and sign your marriage certificates, okay?” she asks, and a chorus of ‘yeah’s’ and okay’s’ is heard. “Great!” she chirps in. “Let’s start,” and turns to the tablet. “Sally Lingres…” she says, and a pale girl with blue eyes comes forward. “…And Jack Skelonne! Congratulations!” she says, and the man gently takes her hand and smiles, before guiding her to the table with the papers.
The rest of the selection goes like this, some couples smiling, others flirting and other simply are plain awkward. I stand there, Ray long gone with a guy called Bob Bryar when my name is called. “Frank Iero and Gerard Way!” the woman says, and I see a guy dressed all in black with a pale skin and black eyeliner walk forward shakily. “Congratulations!” she says, and Gerard smiles at Frank, which he returns awkwardly. He takes Frank’s hand hesitantly, and he smiles and blushes. They make their way to the table, where the judge smiles at them and gives them a paper. “Frank Anthony Iero Jr., do you accept Gerard Arthur Way as your future husband?” he asks, and Frank really have this urge to say, ‘do I have another option?’, but he doesn't because it will seem rude and Gerard looks like a good guy. “Yeah.” he says, and signs the paper where the judge is telling him to. “And you, Gerard Arthur Way, do you accept Frank Anthony Iero Jr. as your future husband?” the priest asks, and Gerard says “I do…” hesitantly before signing the paper, too.”Okay, now I will ask you to exchange rings.” He says, and I turn to Gerard, grabbing his hand and sliding the ring into his finger, and Gerard does the same, his hand lingering on mine for a little bit longer. “Great! Now I declare you husband and husband. You can now kiss the groom.” The priest says, and Gerard turns hesitantly to Frank, before leaning down and giving him a small, brief peck on the lips. “You can go now,” the priest says, giving the marriage paper to Gerard. He smiles at frank and takes his hand, grabs his belongings and tugs him over to his car, which is a black Camaro 2013 zl1and opens the door for him. Frank smiles and gets inside, and Gerard does the same.
The ride ‘home’ is silent, only the hum of the stereo in the background breaking the awkward atmosphere. Frank smiles when he recognizes the song playing, and starts strumming along the beat. Gerard smiles at him, and asks, “So, you like the Misfits?” and Frank turns to him with a slight blush, and says, “Yeah! They’re my favorite band like, ever!” and Gerard laughs lightly. “I know, right?! They are way much better than these crappy pop bands that now exist, don’t you think?” He asks, glancing over to Frank briefly. Frank’s smile is big enough to rip his face in half. “Hell, Yes! What’s your favorite song?” he asks excitedly, almost bouncing on his seat with excitement. “I’m honestly not sure... actually I like them all too much to choose one.” He said, a small smile playing on his lips, and Frank simply smiles at him. Gerard lets out an inaudible sigh of relief- he was scared that him and his husband wouldn't really get along. They stay silent for the rest of the ride, the awkwardness slightly less heavy, but still there. When they get to Gerard’s house, though, Frank can’t help the gasp of amusement that escapes his lips.
The house is big, with glass panels allowing you to see part of the living room and stairs. The painting is white, and it has a heavy mahogany door on the front, the front lawn lined with green grass and a few flowers. “Do you like it?” Gerard asks hesitantly, afraid that his husband wouldn't like their house. “Yes!” Frank says to Gerard’s relief, and they both get out of the car, Gerard grabbing Frank’s stuff from the trunk. “Come on.” He urges, walking up the steps of the wooden porch and unlocking the door. It isn't weird to Frank that Gerard lived on a house all by himself- most people at this age finish studying, and if they’re lucky they manage to make something out of themselves. Actually, now that Frank thinks about it, Gerard looks older than himself- probably by about two or three years. That isn't weird either- sometimes, when they can’t find a match for you the government makes you wait until they get someone compatible with yourself. That’s what happened to his parents- his father waiter for three years until his mother came along.
As Gerard opens the door completely, he gets to see the interior. The inside of the house, as Frank expected, is just as beautiful as the outside. Polished wooden tiles compose the floor, and a few paintings line the walls. As Gerard encourages Frank to walk forward, he leads Frank to the living room, which has red carpeted floors, black leather couches and a brown mahogany coffee table on the middle, with a huge plasma TV on the wall above the marble chimney. “Sit down, I’ll take your stuff upstairs and then we can have dinner.” Gerard said awkwardly from behind Frank, and he nodded. He heard Gerard going up the stairs, and Frank sat down with a sigh on the comfortable leather.
At least he is nice… Frank thought, and a small smile speared on his lips. He can’t deny that Gerard isn't cute-gorgeous, even; and he can’t deny that he has an awesome taste in music, but Frank has in mind that it will take a long time before they could be close, with Frank’s Shyness and Gerard’s awkwardness. He let his mind wonder about the mysterious man he’s now wed to. He wonders what he works at… what are his hobbies? But the question that is really bugging Frank, is, if he’s going to take his marriage rights. It scares Frank- he’s only eighteen, after all; Gerard is probably older than him, and he doesn't even knows the guy, but Gerard doesn't really looks like the kind of guy who would take advantage of Frank like that. Then again, appearances can lie…
But before he can think about it any further, he feels Gerard’s hesitant hand of his shoulder, and Frank looks up, immediately getting lost on his gorgeous hazel eyes… “Frank?” Gerard asks, and he realizes he’s been staring. “Oh, Sorry…” Frank says, embarrassed and trying to fight the blush back. “It’s okay. Do you want to have dinner now? My mother kinda left some stuff for us to eat…” he trails off, looking down and trying to meet Frank’s gaze. “Sure.” Frank whispers, and stands up, Gerard hesitantly releasing his shoulder. Frank follows Gerard to the Kitchen, where two plates with some salad are already served. They sit down and start to eat, the awkward atmosphere simply getting heavier within every second.
“Um... the food is good…” Frank says hesitantly, trying to break the awkward silence. “Thanks, my mother made it…” Gerard says, looking up from his salad. Frank simply looked around, trying to find anything to distract himself from the silence that was suffocating them both. “So, you like animals?” Gerard asked suddenly, and Frank looked at him curiously. “I’m sorry?” he asks, coking his head to the side. “Animals. Do you like them?” Gerard asks again, looking at Frank dead in the eye. “Well, I’m a vegetarian, so…” he says uncertainly. “Oh, really? Good to know… god knows I could fed you meat cake!” Gerard says with a chuckle, and Frank can’t help but smile. “I like dogs. I’m not really a cat person,” he says eventually. “Did you have any pets before?” Gerard asks, and Frank sighs. “Yeah. I had a husky, her name was Shasta.” He says, a soft smile appearing on his face. “Oh, do you miss her?” Gerard asks, and instantly regrets it. Good going bastard, now he’s going to burst into tears or something. But instead of doing anything like that, the least that happens is Frank’s smile wavering. “Yes. I miss her a lot.” He says, looking back at Gerard. And in that moment, when hazel meets green, Frank finds himself lost on Gerard’s orbs- mesmerized by their beauty, their pure innocence.
Then Frank realizes that Gerard’s been talking, and he’s waiting for a response. “I’m sorry, what?” Franks asks, his cheeks becoming cherry red. Gerard chuckles, but still speaks again, “I said that we should go upstairs so I can show you my- our room.” Frank nods, and grabs his now empty plate, taking it to the sink. Gerard simply stands there waiting for Frank.
Frank climbs up the stairs behind Gerard, trying really hard not to stare at his ass. But when they get to the top, Frank is so warped up in not raising his eyes that he slams into Gerard’s chest- resulting in them both falling, Frank on top of Gerard. The former makes a sound similar to ‘oof’ when they fall, announcing that the breath had been knocked out of his lungs. “Shit,” Frank says, his cheeks becoming a vivid scarlet color. Gerard laughs from beneath him, and looks at Frank with a small smirk. “Now, are you alright?” he asks, trying to contain his laughter. Frank nods, still embarrassed and sighs. “I’m alright- I was only lost in thought.” He lies through his teeth. Gerard nods and smiles, standing up and offering a hand for Frank to take- which he grabs gratefully, the moment their fingers touch a tingling sensation, like the one Frank’s read thousands of times before, passes through their skin. But Gerard simply smiles and pulls Frank up, and when they’re both stable starts walking again. And Gerard doesn't let go of Frank’s hand.
A weird feeling knots inside Frank’s stomach- the one that most people would refer to as ‘butterflies’. Truth to be told, Frank has never been the kind of person to believe in those kinds of things like love at first sight- they were way too cheesy, but maybe he was starting to change his opinion on that. Maybe Frank feels something else apart from physical attraction and lust towards the older male.
Or maybe Frank was just being a prick who is starting to believe on the tales his mother told him about princesses and charming princes as a kid.

On the other side, Gerard was much more of a believer than Frank is- and an understatement that would be. By the moment they got to their room-still holding hands- Gerard is a giggly wreck inside, like the fangirls who hyperventilate every time they see their favorite star or artist pass by. But, hopefully, on the outside he was keeping his calm exterior, leading Frank to the closet they would be sharing. “You can put your bag on your side- the left one- which my mother insisting on stocking with clothes that will probably fit. Then, if you’d like you can get ready for bed- the bathroom is over there.” He says, pointing over to a door beside their walk-in closet. Frank nodded, “What about you? Aren't you getting ready for bed, too?” he asks, looking down to their still linked hands. Gerard smiles, and stares at Frank’s hair. “I’ll do so, later. Right now I still have some work to be done.” He says, and Frank looks up. “Okay.”
They stand there awkwardly for a few seconds before Gerard unclasps their linked hands and jerks his head over to the door. “I’m going to be at my study, if you need anything; it is the door at the end of the hall at the right side.” He says, and waves a little bit before exiting the room, shutting the door with a soft click behind him.
Frank gulps and enters the walk-in closet, going over to the left part, and left his luggage and guitar case on the floor, before leaning down and opening his suitcase and taking his pajamas out. He quickly changes into the red and black checkered and plain black shirt, before taking his toothbrush and toothpaste and going to the bathroom. It is huge, and the kind of bathroom he would've never guessed to be in this house- shiny marble tiles, porcelain white toilet and sink, and a glass high-tech shower. On top of the sink there’s a mirror, and beside and below the sink there are many cabinets. Frank simply walks to the sink, brushes his teeth, looks at himself in the mirror, and leaves before he stares too much.
Frank debates with himself within going to say goodnight to Gerard, but decides against it; he probably has a lot of work and is really busy right now. So, instead, Frank makes his way to the bed, removes the fluffy red comforter and lays his head on the black and white pillows, slowly drifting into a comfortable sleep on the warmness and security that the mattresses provide.
--
He is woken up a few hours later by a loud, thunderous sound that resounds through the house. Frank bolts upright instantly, his heartbeat fast and breathing irregular. Glancing at the clock with tired but wide-open eyes, he sees the neon red numbers flashing 00;47 pm. And when he looks around, he notices through a crack beneath the door that the bathroom light is on, which takes him to realize that no, zombies weren’t going to come and eat him, but his spouse has accidentally slammed the bathroom door.
With a sigh of relief, he sinks back down into the mattress, letting the sound of rustling and water running that comes from the bathroom lull him into a calm state. Once his breathing is in control and his heart rate back to normal-which is a minute later- he shakily pulls the covers over his cold body again, burying his head into the fluffy pillows, just in time for the bathroom door to open and Gerard to enter the room in a pair of purple and blue striped pajama pants and plain white shirt.
He turns off the lights and shuts the door lightly and softly behind himself, before making his way to the closet, dumping his clothes in a small ball unlike Frank’s, which are neatly folded and left on top of a drawer. But Frank quickly closes his eyes when Gerard turns around to walk over to the bed, where Frank lays unmoving. Gerard similes. He gets into the covers of his side of the bed, and he lies down, his chest facing Frank, but still some inches away. Then, he doesn't knows why, and he doesn't knows what makes him do it, but before he falls asleep, Gerard plants a quick, butterfly kiss on Frank’s cheek, making the small man to tense up a little. Then he whispers, “Goodnight Frankie.” And lays down, falling into a comfortable sleep. But before he completely is out, Frank whispers, barely audible, “Goodnight, Gee.”

I kinda messed up the chapters. Excuse me .-.
Sign up to rate and review this story