Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Sing it for the world~

Chapter 3.

by ItsMyVendetta 1 review

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2013-03-02 - 349 words

0Unrated
Mikey rang the doorbell again, sighing in frustration and practically bang on the door. It finally opened, an ashamed Gerard standing in the now open doorway.

"Gerard. Sort yourself out. Bandit's been asking for you and your nanny is getting fucking pissed off because she hasn't been paid, yet a-fucking-gain. Alicia can't keep giving her the day off and watching Bandit herself. She has a job. You can't just dump your daughter on everyone else." Mikey hissed. Gerard nodded and simply reached into his pocket, taken out a wad of cash and thrust it into his brother's hand before slamming the door, without even uttering a single word.

Gerard slid down the back of the front door and sighed. He could feel his eyes well up with tears. Not only was he an uncapable husband, an uncapable employee, he was an uncapable father. Now, there was only one thing on Gerard's mind: Booze.

Gerard trudged into the kitchen and opened a fresh bottle of whiskey. He took no hesitation in drinking it. This was his release. This was how he survived. Gerard knew that he had become a waste of life, that he was now worthless, but he didn't care once he had had a drink. He liked to be able to forget all of his thoughts and troubles; even if it was all only temporary.

Gerard knew he had let his family down, he knew Lindsey wouldn't want him to act like this. Lindsey would want him to be there for Bandit, to get his only child through the loss of his mother. But instead he had to drown his sorrow in an ending bottle of alcohol.

Gerard crumpled to the floor and finally let the tears escape his eyes. His bottle of whiskey was half empty and he began to sob silently. He was taken by surprise when a feeble knock sounded on his door. Gerard climbed up and stumbled his way to the door. He opened the door once again and slurred:

"Whaddya wan'?"

"Mr Way, I came to see how you are. And drunk apparently."
Sign up to rate and review this story