Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > We're just brothers

Better Keep Up

by DigitalGhost 1 review

Waycest Fanfiction. 'When did you decide...'

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Crossover,Drama,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2013-03-08 - 440 words

0Unrated
-Mikey’s POV-
I was having to jog every so often to keep up with Gerard, he was on a mission. Striding down the street.
He paused for a moment, allowing me to catch up. “I need my fucking coffee, dude…!” He smiled at me, the smile fluctuated into a grin before he added briefly “Better keep up!” Gerard dashed off down the street like a kid on a sugar-rush. I chased after him, I couldn’t help but laugh as I exhaled deeply, luckily, with it being about 10am on a Sunday morning, the streets were pretty quiet, allowing us to fuck around like eight year-olds for the morning.
I began to gain on him, I gave him a smirk as I strode on, leaving him a good six feet behind me.
We arrived at the Starbucks within minutes, gasping for breath yet still managing to laugh madly. The lady at the kiosk smiled as she recognized us. “Six of the usual blend please!” Gerard beamed at the cashier, his voice was slightly raspy from the strenuous activity.
“In a hurry today Mr. Way?” The cashier asked.
“God, yes!” Gerard breathed back. The lady handed Gerard the tray of coffee.
“Anything else?” She looked at both of us with a wide smile.
“Oh, uhm, yes, I think…?” I said awkwardly. “Can we have… two packs of instant Italian please?” She handed me a bag containing the coffee.
“Thanks!” Gerard grinned and we turned to leave.

“Dude! Six? Seriously!?” I laughed as stared at the tray of coffee.
“Well, c’mon, It’s got to last us until we get home” Gee replied.
We sat on a bench outside a park. I stared down into my coffee. I was deep in thought, a question whirring around in my head. I took a deep breath…
“Gee….” I said quietly… “…When did you decide you liked me back…?”

-
Gerard sat on his bed, knees drawn up to his chest. ‘When did you decide you liked me…?’, the question repeating over and over in his mind. Gerard’s text tone played suddenly. “FUCK!” Gerard almost screamed, he rolled off the bed and landed noisily on the floor. It scared the shit out of him. He was so lost in thought, the world blocked out, so peaceful, that his phone was as shocking as a slap to the face.
He reached for his phone on the bedside table, tapping in his passcode and opening the message.
‘Hey. We haven’t spoken properly in ages. We need to jam sometime, give me a call okay?
xx’
Gerard checked the number. It was from Frank.
Sign up to rate and review this story