Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > The Lemon Games

Retrieving Sasuke

by HunterBerserkerWolf 13 reviews

Category: Naruto - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2013-03-21 - 5306 words

5Exciting
Chapter 15: Retrieving Sasuke
Text (A/N: Not including all the Stat changes at the end of the chapters, this chapter will make the Lemon Games over 100k words in length! Woot! Not writing the date between Naruto and Hinata just yet, I’ll make that a separate one-shot))

Chapter 15: Retrieving Sasuke

Naruto raced through the trees, a frown set on his face as he chased behind the albino teen from Oto. He could still remember Tayuya’s words of warning before he set out. Kimimaro was fanatically devoted to Orochimaru, and he would do anything for the snake Sannin. Kimimaro was also ridiculously strong and quite the capable warrior. The redhead had told him that Kimimaro had destroyed all four of Orochimaru’s bodyguards in a fight at once, and Tayuya still had the scars to prove it.

Naruto didn’t want to fight someone like that in an enclosed space, so he wasn’t racing ahead of Kimimaro. He knew he was faster than the albino bone wielder.

Finally, Kimimaro came to a clearing and Naruto put on a burst of speed. He had both boots of the outfit Mikoto gave him on top of the barrel. He forced it down to the ground by pushing with his legs, making the barrel that Sasuke was in slam into the ground.

Naruto landed in front of Kimimaro, eyes set on the passive face of the bone wielder. “I can’t let you take Sasuke-teme to Orochimaru. His mother would be distraught.” Naruto said standing to his full height, dressed in the black ANBU uniform with his mother’s sword at his side and the Kusanagi at his back. He was decked out with several scrolls and equipment pouches. He would need every advantage in this fight, he was sure.

Kimimaro regarded the blonde annoyance in front of him. “It would seem I will have to deal with you. Orochimaru-sama has already had to swap bodies, and I am tasked with taking Sasuke-sama to Orochimaru-sama.” Kimimaro kept his face completely blank. He was surprised at the other members who were dispatched to find Sasuke, all of them having failed to kill the group of brats.

Kimimaro slashed his hands through the air, and fired the bones of his fingertips out with pin point accuracy and amazing speed. He then followed the attack by charging at the blonde. His fingertips bled from firing off the bones of his fingers like that.

Naruto dodged to the side of the white projectiles, drawing his mother’s sword from his hip as he blocked against Kimimaro’s attack, a spin kick that would have caught Naruto in the head. Naruto spun to the side, and swiped at the older teen with his sword, enhancing the edge with wind chakra. He caused the sword to dig deep into Kimimaro’s arm, bleeding the older teen.

Kimimaro looked down at his wounded arm; he could practically feel his bone fusing back together from the rather successful cut. Wind chakra seemed to be rather powerful, or perhaps it was just the blonde he was facing. He glanced to the barrel that contained Sasuke. “It would seem I will have to take you more seriously.” He said and bent his knees, crossing his arms over his chest. “This is the First dance. Dance of the Willow.” He said as bones ripped from his flesh at his shoulders, his elbows, his palms, and his knees. Blood dripped from them and soaked his clothes as he rushed at Naruto.

Naruto parried the first attack, a swipe from the palm aimed for his face. Naruto spun, dodging the second swipe from a knee at his chest. Naruto was analyzing Kimimaro’s movements, each and every one of them were precise and unpredictable. Naruto ducked down under a slash from Kimimaro’s elbow, before he drove his palm into Kimimaro’s sternum.

Kimimaro spun, swinging his arms around and finishing with a spin kick at the blonde, all the attacks dodged or blocked. Kimimaro would give the blonde credit, he was rather skilled. “To be forced to use this against such trash.” Kimimaro said as his shoulder gave a jerk. He reached up and grabbed the shoulder bone, his chakra modifying it as he pulled it from his body into a sword. “Second dance: Dance of the Camellia.” He said before rushing at the blonde, weaving an intricate dance with his sword.

Naruto brought up his sword and parried and blocked the complex attacks. Some were where he blocked, some were not and it was causing problems for Naruto. He knew he was faster than Kimimaro, and he had proved the albino could bleed at the very least without Kimimaro using his own abilities. Even now, Naruto could see the blood dripping down along Kimimaro’s ‘sword’. Still, Naruto was taking the bone user quite seriously. He was dangerous, Naruto would give the older teen that much and then some.

Naruto popped the guard off of his mother’s sword and flicked it up, deflecting another one of Kimimaro’s attacks, catching the second sword in his other hand as he spun and broke Kimimaro’s sword, slicing through it with his wind chakra.

Kimimaro looked at the broken blade of his bone and dropped it before his shoulder jerked once more and he pulled out another. “My Kekkei Genkai allows for me to manipulate the calcium in my body, allowing for the growth and re-growth of my bones at my will. I can also harden them to the point they are as strong as diamonds. It would appear that you are worthy of me using this trait.” Kimimaro said.

Naruto narrowed his eyes a bit. “Enough talk.” He said and dashed ahead, weaving his own intricate dance of sword play, forcing Kimimaro back as Naruto ducked, dodged, spun and slashed. Kimimaro kept up with every slash though, showing that his reactions were top notch, even if his speed was less than Naruto’s own.

As Kimimaro was backed up, still blocking and parrying the blonde in front of him, he felt a coughing fit come on that he barely managed to suppress. The blonde nuisance was proving to be an actually skilled and upcoming Shinobi. The problem was that Kimimaro didn’t have much time left. Eventually, his body would decay that not even his own will, fueled by his desire to serve Orochimaru, would be enough to push forward. If only Kabuto could have healed him a bit more.

Naruto leapt back just as Kimimaro gave a wet coughing sound and his breathing was getting heavier. Naruto’s nose picked up a slight scent of blood, no doubt from Kimimaro coughing it up. Tayuya also mentioned Kimimaro’s illness, something wrong with his lungs.

Naruto felt bad, knowing Kimimaro was essentially a cripple fighting for the will of his Lord. Naruto thought he was ready for the darker aspects of the Shinobi world, yet this was something else. Naruto gripped his mother’s swords tighter. Damn it, this went against everything that he believed in. Naruto hung his head, realizing that was somewhat hypocritical given some of the things he had done.

“Give up.” Naruto told the albino. “Please, we can take you to Konoha, Tsunade is there and she can heal you, she’s the best damned medic in the world.” Naruto said his body still tight with the readiness to fight.

“I do not need your pity.” Kimimaro said as he stood up straight once more and wiped the blood away on the sleeve of his top. His head turned as the barrel began to hiss, signaling that it would finish with the Uchiha soon. Kimimaro stood taller, and tapped into the power of his Cursed Seal, causing it to begin to spread. His breathing felt easier, even though he knew that was an illusion. It would only speed up his injuries. “For Orochimaru-sama, I will fight on to deliver Sasuke-sama.”

Naruto was reminded briefly of Haku. Naruto rolled his shoulders a bit. “So be it Kimimaro-san.” Naruto said and combined his mother’s swords back together again. He then took the Kusanagi in hand, holding both of the swords in a firm grip but with a loose stance.

“Third Dance Uzumaki Naruto, Dance of the Larch.” Bones began to sprout from Kimimaro’s skin, tearing the shirt more and causing blood to spill out. The biggest significant problem with his Kekkei Genkai, the Shikotsumyaku, was that the users were anemic. It was what accelerated his disease, using his abilities for Orochimaru. Because he was bleeding quite a bit based on the opponent, even his white blood cells spilled out. Having a rare blood type also made things difficult; Kabuto had difficulty finding a possible transfusion.

The Cursed Seal from Orochimaru helped in this regard a little bit, it allowed for a minor healing factor, healing the damage as he did it. But the mark would only do so much.

Kimimaro needed to end this battle. He rushed ahead at Naruto and began his wild and chaotic attacks, spinning and slashing at the blonde. He would give the blonde Shinobi this, better men than he had been finished before Kimimaro reached the third dance.

Naruto grew bothered by this, despite his speed and strength he was having difficulty keeping up with Kimimaro. This changed when Kimimaro suddenly leapt back into a back flip. Naruto saw Lee, trying for the standard flying kick. Naruto raced past Lee, and summoned his chakra to flow through his coils and into his blades. Naruto slashed out with both, releasing a stream of wind chakra that launched the sharp blades out like lethal projectiles. Kimimaro leapt to the side, no doubt trying to keep what blood he had in his body, in his body.

Suddenly the barrel that had Sasuke began to exude black smoke that reeked of evil chakra. Naruto actually covered his nose and his eyes became slit and red from the Kyuubi. He was pissed, he had no idea why.

The top of the barrel exploded and Sasuke leapt out, landing. Through the smoke, Naruto could see long hair that was quickly receding back into his head. “SASUKE!” Naruto yelled out, his voice amplified by his fury.

Instead of responding, Sasuke glanced to Kimimaro. “Keep going the direction that you are facing to reach Orochimaru-sama.” Kimimaro said before stepping forward, ready to fight once more.

“Lee, can you fight?” Naruto asked sharply to the green spandex clad boy beside him.

“Of course Naruto-kun, Tsunade-sama’s treatment worked wonderfully.” Lee said bouncing on his heels a bit; no doubt keeping his muscles warmed up and loosened.

Naruto nodded. “Step behind me.” He said before unfurling a scroll. Sasuke was running off, and Naruto needed to deal with Kimimaro. He unsealed the contents of the scroll and soaking wet sand began to pour out, raining water and sand down on Kimimaro who was dodging.

Naruto recently got the idea from this from Ichibi. “Sabaku Sôtaisô!” Naruto shouted, using the sand to grab Kimimaro. This wouldn’t stop the second stage of the Cursed Mark, but damned if he didn’t try to make Lee’s job easier. Naruto slammed his hands on the ground, pulsing his chakra out. The wet sand formed a large pyramid before condensing in size, crushing Kimimaro.

Naruto then froze the water into a thick set of ice mirrors that interwove with the sand. Naruto glanced to Lee. “It won’t hold him for long, but he should waste a lot of chakra getting out.” Naruto said before sprinting off after Sasuke, the Kyuubi’s chakra actually making him faster but his anger more potent.

Naruto paused momentarily, feeling the taint of evil Chakra flare as Kimimaro broke free. Naruto glanced back behind him, “Be safe Lee.” He whispered softly. Did he feel bad about leaving a friend to possibly die? Yes, he did. Every instinct screamed for him to turn around and go help Lee. But Kakashi had never told Naruto what to do when both options were necessary to save a friend, a comrade in arms.

Naruto put on a burst of speed, gritting his teeth. He would return Sasuke no matter what. He would destroy Orochimaru himself to get Sasuke back if necessary. Naruto had promised Mikoto to bring him back.

Naruto burst through a small clearing of rocks and landed on the head of Hashirama Senju at the Valley of the end. He could see Sasuke across the valley on the head of Madara Uchiha. “Sasuke!” Naruto barked out in anger at his friend.

Sasuke slowly turned around, turning to his left side. Naruto could see his friend’s Sharingan blazing. He then saw the tainted markings of the cursed mark on Sasuke’s right half of his body, even changing the color of his Sharingan to gold. “Naruto.” Sasuke said with a smirk.

“Cut the power off Sasuke. It’s revolting.” Naruto said in a cold tone. When Sasuke didn’t do so, Naruto spoke up. “So this is it Sasuke?” Naruto asked. “Just abandon everything you’ve ever been taught just for power to kill Itachi?”

Sasuke shook his head. “Nothing else matters to me but killing Itachi!” Sasuke shouted.

“What about your mother Sasuke?!” Naruto shouted. “Does she not matter? Does the only member of your family that you have left not matter to you anymore? What sort of bastard son are you that you’d abandon even your mother?”

Sasuke’s head lowered some. “I can’t ask my mother to support me in this.” He said softly. “She’d be picking between her two sons. How can I ask her to support me?” Sasuke raised his head. “But it doesn’t matter! You couldn’t possibly understand.”

Naruto threw open his arms. “How could I?!” Naruto said. “I never had the family that you had; I was a bastard orphan that no one and I do mean no one actually wanted around. In fact the only person that did care for me was the Sandaime Hokage. Do you remember what happened to him?!” Naruto shouted.

He could see Sasuke wince; remembering who exactly killed the Sandaime Hokage. “Every time I look up, you’re slowly drawing further and further ahead Naruto.” Sasuke clenched his hand into a fist. “I can’t keep being left behind! How can I gain the power to kill my brother when all I had to compare myself was you! You who defeated Haku, you who defeated Gaara, you who stole his way through the second exams! You brought back Tsunade-sama; you were trained by Jiraiya-sama! Why is it always you?!”

Naruto watched Sasuke for a moment and lowered his head before sighing. “Because I already had more power than I knew what to do with.” Naruto said and stood straight and tall. “Jiraiya of the Sannin is a Seal Master,” Naruto was better, but that was beside the point at the moment. “And I hold something back that is sealed in my very person. Fourteen years ago, the Bijuu known as the Kyuubi no Yoko attacked Konoha; the Yondaime Hokage didn’t kill the beast like everyone says…” Naruto unzipped the jacket and raised the fishnet. “He sealed it away, inside me.” He said and pulsed his chakra to the seal making it appear. “Jiraiya, being a Seal Master, is the only one with the knowledge to actually maintain the seal so that the Kyuubi never breaks free.”

Naruto could see the shock on Sasuke’s face, and that shock allowed the Cursed Mark to fade away. “Why you? Why did the Yondaime pick you for the sealing?”

“Because I am an Uzumaki, because I was born that day, because I was an orphan by the time of the attack that no one would care if I was sealed with the Bijuu or not.” Naruto said and shook his head. “My mother died shortly after Child birth, and my father died that same day as well. I am one of the last members of a proud clan with special chakra that enhances our life span. Only an Uzumaki could hold the Kyuubi.” Naruto was proud of his parents, of his lineage, but he also knew that he couldn’t just tell that to Sasuke. He was already telling an S-ranked secret, he wasn’t about to say something that was so classified it didn’t exist.

Sasuke clenched his fists tight. “Fight me!” he shouted out. Maybe he did act like an impudent child from time to time, angry that he wasn’t getting his way, but he needed this. He needed to see where he was at compared to his friend. “Fight me Naruto, fight me seriously.”

Naruto sighed softly and reached up, pinching the bridge of his nose. He knew what it would mean to fight Sasuke seriously. “Very well…” Naruto whispered softly before he re-zipped the vest of the ANBU outfit. Naruto closed his eyes and sighed before he opened them with the Rinnegan blazing. His hand reached up for the Kusanagi. He drew the lethal long sword and slashed out, cutting through the water fall and forcing it to part with his Wind Element, slashing all the way over to Sasuke with the unwieldy power. He re-sheathed the sword when Sasuke dodged

Sasuke dove off of Madara’s head, not wanting any of that lethal slash that Naruto threw his way. He rolled out of the way, on top of the water, just as Naruto jumped down with an axe kick that launched the water twenty feet in the air. Sasuke, using his Sharingan, could see that on the point of impact, Naruto released a buildup of massive amounts of chakra. Such control was unheard of to the young Uchiha. It couldn’t be possible that Naruto had that much power hidden latent.

Naruto turned around, hands already flying through hand seals. “Sensatsu Suishô!” Naruto shouted, stomping on the water and forming the thousand long projectiles that tried to spear Sasuke.

“Katon: Gôkakyû no Jutsu!” Sasuke called out, blowing out a stream of fire at the water that tried to skewer him. He winced as he felt one still pierce his leg, and he fell onto the water, just barely able to stand.

Naruto froze the water that he felt on Sasuke’s leg, stopping the bleeding and forcing Sasuke’s leg into the same position, whether he wanted it to be that way or not.

Sasuke glanced down to his frozen leg, only the chakra flowing through it and his other leg kept him afloat the water. He punched the ice, fracturing it to let himself up. He then leapt away from Naruto, sticking to the water fall, something that was surprisingly difficult, but he would manage. “Katon: Hôsenka no Jutsu!” He blew out each of the small fireballs at Naruto, throwing some Shuriken attached to wires at the same time. He would force Naruto to take him seriously.

Naruto used the Kusanagi to block the fireballs. He was momentarily distracted at the clang of metal by the first one, and spun past the second one, he felt ninja wire wrap around him, tightening up and forcing him to look at Sasuke.

Sasuke flew through some hand seals. His Chidori training helped him. “Katon: Ryûka no Jutsu!” he shouted, blowing onto the wires, the Fire Jutsu racing down along the wires in the shape of some twisted dragon of Hell. He had only one stronger Fire Jutsu,

Naruto felt momentary distress at the sight of the roaring dragon coming right at him. He flexed his hands. “Shinra Tensei!” he shouted, blasting away the fire, the wires, the shuriken, and the water around him in a powerful blast of repelling energy.

Sasuke’s eyes went momentarily wide as he realized that Naruto had even more power. Sasuke’s budding danger senses, honed by Kakashi’s training with the Chidori, caught something and he leapt away, moments before a blast of wood erupted from the waterfall he had been standing on. His head turned to the blonde who was crouched with his palms on the water.

Naruto felt calm, even as he used the Moukton Jutsu. Naruto flipped through one handed seals on both hands before stomping his foot down, not even calling out his Jutsu as the thousands of needles looked to skewer Sasuke.

Naruto wasn’t content enough with that. He needed to beat his friend and his comrade down; he needed to drop Sasuke hard enough that he would never do this again. Naruto lashed out with his chakra, feeling the sand and silt all around him, even as Sasuke threw a kunai at him. With a roar, Naruto brought all the sand into the air, bringing it around him like a shield before Shuriken shot off from the sand, aiming at Sasuke.

Sasuke was fast enough and nimble enough to dodge the wet sand, but that was all Naruto wanted. Heavy black chains, his chakra destructive chains, launched out from the water fall, whipping at Sasuke like mighty metal serpents.

Sasuke felt fear, he felt anger, he felt despair, no doubt exactly what Itachi had demanded him to feel all those years ago. Sweet Kami, was this the full might of Naruto’s power? He felt like an ant in comparison, like some sort of pressure was forcing itself down on his feet, making them like lead.

‘Are you so weak Sasuke-kun? Kukuku… I would have thought that Itachi’s little brother would do better.” Sasuke had no idea who the voice belonged to but he could feel the rage inside boiling up. “Perhaps it will be Naruto-kun to kill Itachi. He is after the blonde.” Sasuke grit his teeth and clenched his fists tight. “Use my power, sever your weak bonds and show the blonde your true power!”

Sasuke touched the mark on his neck; he had been injected with some formula after Orochimaru’s body guards had offered him power. It was hard to ignore the allure of power, especially since he needed to get revenge on Itachi.

Wait… Revenge?

Sasuke tapped into the power of the seal. Yes, Revenge, that’s what he wanted. The power began to flow through his veins and his chakra coils. He felt his wounded leg heal quickly. Black flame like markings spread across his face. “Katon: -“ Sasuke was about to inhale and blow out the fire when he realized something.

Naruto was no longer there.

Sasuke leapt away at the last second before an axe kick would have split him in half. It did send a crack upwards through the statue of Hashirama.

Naruto turned with a back fist that Sasuke ducked under, and his fist slammed into the shins of Hashirama, breaking more stone away. Naruto rolled through his Taijutsu, slipping into snake style, striking fast at Sasuke’s curse marked body. No more Jutsu, Naruto would just beat the hell out of Sasuke until he gave up.

Sasuke was fast, he prided himself on this fact and that he was even fast enough for the Chidori. But like when he fought against Lee before the exams, Sasuke was forced to admit that he wasn’t the fastest. Worst yet was the fact that Naruto’s moves were… so misplaced it was impossible to counter.

It’s like seeing Naruto charging in for a shoulder tackle, and before he does that he snaps into a complex Taijutsu move that Sasuke couldn’t counter or copy. He couldn’t see it coming because it was simply too fast.

Sasuke rolled under Naruto’s leg before another thunderous axe kick split the ground. Sasuke stood up, panting a bit and looking at the blonde’s back. Sasuke watched as Naruto cracked his neck.

Naruto was still toying with Sasuke. He could have destroyed him in an instant, could have knocked him out at any point he wanted to and completed his mission. Why then did he continue to toy with Sasuke? Naruto didn’t know. Naruto turned on his heel and watched Sasuke, his eyes cold.

He felt nothing about this battle. Naruto had nothing to prove by beating Sasuke. In fact, the only tie he could really say he had to this fight was keeping a promise to Mikoto and to keeping Orochimaru from getting Sasuke’s body. Kyuubi’s chakra wasn’t even flowing through him anymore.

Naruto cracked his knuckles flexing his fingers to do so as he stared at Sasuke’s eyes.

Sasuke stared at Naruto’s eyes, his breathing getting shallow and his pulse quickening. Why did the blonde’s eyes remind him so much of Itachi’s eyes? He could feel his fear building and he felt a slight emptiness. It was worse than Zabuza’s killing intent, all those months ago.

“Still need more power, don’t you Sasuke-kun…. Kuku… Draw upon the second stage, show your enemy why they are but a stepping stone in your path to greatness.” That voice was in his head once more. Perhaps it was even deeper than before.

Sasuke shuddered as he tapped into the Cursed Seal more, actually letting it flow through his very being.

Naruto felt even more dispassionate about the fight even as Sasuke collapsed onto the ground, clutching his neck. His skin turned to a sickly brown color of all things. His sclerae turned black, even as he bore the Sharingan. His lips were a dark blue color. Naruto shook his head looking at the star shaped black mark in the center of Sasuke’s face; it was a perfect bulls-eye point.

Naruto was briefly surprised at the sight of the wings that ripped from Sasuke’s back. That would have him at a slight disadvantage. Not even close to enough of a disadvantage to give Sasuke the win though.

Sasuke got back up on his feet; he was a good ten feet away from Naruto. He flipped through three hand signs and generated the chakra at his hand, black electricity starting to generate around his hand. “Chidori!” he screamed out, racing along the ground as his Jutsu gave a screeching sound so true to its name.

Naruto shook his head, noting how Sasuke had used his wings to generate some force to push himself along with. Naruto dodged the Chidori, spinning around Sasuke’s form. An axe kick to Sasuke’s spine drove the other boy down. Naruto ground his foot into Sasuke’s spine, getting the boy to let out a groan of pain.

“I’ve had enough of this bullshit Sasuke.” Naruto said and stepped up onto Sasuke’s back and grabbed the wings. Naruto growled out as he began to pull on them, getting Sasuke to squirm and scream in obvious pain. Naruto heart popping sounds and soon the wings lay limp, the muscles literally pulled apart.

Naruto cocked his fist back, before he drove it into Sasuke’s head, making the Uchiha’s face bounce off the rock, knocking him out.

Naruto shook his hand briefly before he looked at the Cursed Seal. He knelt down and touched it, already forming a key seal in his mind. The medic in his mind, made by the large amount of Medical Jutsu he could perform, was already figuring a way to withdraw the enzymes that kept Orochimaru’s influence over the bearer of the seal.

In ten minutes, Naruto unlocked the seal and destroyed the enzymes. He hefted Sasuke’s form, his reverted form, and started the long march back to Konoha.

Eventually, Naruto met up with Kakashi and Pakkun, who silently turned and followed Naruto as the blonde walked. Naruto paused when they got to a forest of bones and sand. Given that Naruto didn’t see a skewered form of Lee or Gaara, Naruto deduced Gaara had been there by the sheer amount of sand, Naruto figured that they had already started heading back.

Naruto kept going, coming across the form of some nameless wannabe that was crushed under logs, the logs split with wind chakra.

Naruto visited each and every battlefield of the Oto Nin that had attacked, with the exception of one. But that was because Kiba had taken that guy off a cliff.

Naruto eventually made it back to Konoha and he took Sasuke right to the hospital. Sasuke was taken to a room with ANBU guards around it.

Naruto sighed and plopped down next to Shikamaru who was twiddling his thumbs waiting. Naruto inclined his head to Temari, who no doubt had been dispatched to help out. Naruto would have to deal with her soon enough.

“Choji?” Naruto asked Shikamaru; jerking his head to the ER they were in front of.

“Yeah,” Shikamaru said. “Neji was brought in, I heard it was bad. In fact I think Kiba and Akamaru are the only ones still conscious that got badly injured.”

Naruto looked down to Shikamaru’s broken finger and stood up. “Well, I know a thing or two about medical Jutsu. Let me go see if I can help.” Naruto headed into the ER. Some raised and muffled voices later, and soon there was nothing, worrying Shikamaru some more.

Naruto walked out about twenty minutes later, looking strained. “Not know Shika.” Naruto said and took off down the halls, going to Neji’s room. He had important orders.

The operations were delicate procedures, both of them. Shizune and Tsunade were both doing their absolute best with some of the best medics helping. Naruto was essentially useless to both of them except for one thing.

Naruto was a massive source of Chakra, and he could be a battery of sorts for six different Medic Nin at once.

Naruto walked out first of all the Medics from Neji’s room, seeing Hiashi and Hinata there. He wiped the sweat off his face for a moment, keeping his face blank. “I’m not the one to be asking. Shizune-neechan will be out in a moment.” Naruto said before walking away.

Naruto found an empty bench and just sat in it. He heard a slight ‘clacking’ sound and turned his head to look at Jiraiya. “Good job Gaki.” The Sannin said and sat down beside him.

“Thanks, I suppose.” Naruto said and rubbed his face a bit.

“So how’s your first S-ranked mission’s success feel?” Jiraiya asked somewhat amused.

“S-ranked?” Naruto asked incredulously. The most he had was an A-Ranked which had been the Wave Clusterfuck.

Jiraiya nodded. “Originally, it had been an A-ranked, low A mind you. Group of enemy Nin, and Oto is most assuredly an Enemy, coupled with the fact that you were retrieving a Clan Heir. Throw in who said Clan Heir was being kidnapped by, and the official story will be that he was kidnapped, as well as the fact that the enemy had reinforcements, you have the makings for an S-ranked Mission.” Jiraiya clapped Naruto on the back. “So good job.”

Naruto held his face in his hand. “Whoa…” he said and shook his head. “It kind of just feels surreal to be honest with you.” He said.

Jiraiya nodded and clapped Naruto on his shoulder again. “Well, enjoy the downtime. Everyone gets a mandatory two week vacation after an S-ranked mission.”

Naruto looked up to Jiraiya. “How’d you know about all the details though?” he asked.

Jiraiya looked back to Naruto. “Already talked to the Nara kid.” He said before heading off.

Naruto shook his head, barely able to believe what he did. He looked up at the ceiling and sighed softly before giving a grin. It all worked out pretty well, no one but the enemy died.
Sign up to rate and review this story