Categories > Original > Humor > Rain

Chapter 1

by timeywimey27 1 review

Chapter 1 of my story. This is a re-upload because my computer decided to have a nervous breakdown and fuck my shit up. I'm really sorry about that. Shit's bananas

Category: Humor - Rating: G - Genres: Humor - Published: 2013-03-29 - Updated: 2013-03-29 - 689 words

1Original
Chapter One

Ask any kid between the ages of 11 and 18, and they’ll probably say they hate school. But what is hate? Hatred, as the dictionary defines it, is a “deep and emotional extreme dislike that can be directed against individuals, entities, objects or ideas”.
Now, most likely, a kid doesn't completely loath school with all their wit and might. They just don’t enjoy lessons, homework, the teachers or a particular subject.
However, when I turned 16 and a junior in High School, I completely and utterly loathed school with all the strength I could possibly possess.
Before you dismiss me as a whiny, hormonal teenager (which I can be, no point denying it), let me explain a thing. Or several things, I don’t know. Anyway, I had my reasons for hating school, which I’ll tell you.
Some of them anyway.

Reason 1: I wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed. Or so my grades seemed to say. Failing nearly every subject, excluding music and art (typical), really brought my self-esteem to an all-time low. My last report card showed I had got F’s Maths, Geography (God knows why we must study that subject), History and P.E. I received D’s in English and French and two A’s in Art and Music. Now, seeing as I was only good at only music and art, the school system was not (and still isn’t) my biggest fan.

Reason 2: I was (still am) short as hell. Not like a dwarf, or someone with an actual medical condition. I was just a little midget. There were 12 year old girls taller than me and I probably weighed less that said girls. It is so easy for anyone taller than me (so most people) to knock me around. All they had to do was brush me slightly with their bag and smack! There I am, knocked to the floor like a pathetic butterfly. Actually, more like a moth; butterflies are too pretty to be me.

Reason 3: I’m different. Now, I’m sure you’re thinking. “Oh, all teenagers think they’re different, they think they’re so special!!!” But let me make a point. I AM different, but not in a “special pretty snowflake” kind of way. I'm a complete loser. I'm short (as I mentioned in detail earlier), I’m skinny in a gross, starving-to-death kind of way. My hair is cut in an odd way (back and left is shaved short and black and hangs over one eye. Previous colours include green, this weird white-creamy colour and blue).
As I mentioned earlier, can’t do useful subjects for love nor money. I like “freaky, emo music” according to my eloquent classmates. And I’m gay. I assumed you've gathered by now, school is not a playground for me. More like an unpleasant battlefield (y’know, as opposed to a pleasant one), in which I am a one man army armed with a slingshot, and the rest of the school is a very big army armed with lots of undesirable weaponry.

Now, if those reasons for hating school aren't good enough, then please take your rude business elsewhere because goddamn, if those aren't reasons for a boy to hate school, then I would like some examples please.


As I thought, you have nothing to say to me.
So, if anybody reading this is a creepy stalker, there is the information at your disposal. Warning: This book is a completely honest recording of my thoughts and feelings towards everything, so if thoughts and feelings aren't really your forte, keep reading anyway, it’s not like you have a choice. Well, I guess you do, it’s a free country, but come on. Give me a break.

So that was chapter 1 of my story, I really hope you guys liked it. If you have any suggestions, ideas, comments, whatever, feel free to put them in the review section or contact me! xomikey
[Edit: I'm trying to split the text like some of you guys suggested, my computer's being a bit of a jerk so I'm doing my best, thanks guys]
Sign up to rate and review this story