Categories > Original > Humor > Rain

Chapter 3

by timeywimey27 2 reviews

Chapter 3 of my story. Introducting Mark. Reviews are always appreciated! - xomikey

Category: Humor - Rating: G - Genres: Humor - Published: 2013-03-29 - 786 words

1Original
Chapter 3
Eventually, the bell did go for Home room. I managed to sit through that without losing my mind, and then I was headed for English. Ah, English. The language I had spoken my whole life, yet couldn’t managed to scrape a C- in.
I waltzed into the classroom a minute before the bell that would have pronounced me late. The teacher, Mrs Campbell, glared at me but did not comment. Throwing my bag onto my desk, I collapsed, slightly dramatically, into my seat.

The rest of the class finally filed in, and Mrs Campbell cleared her throat.

“Class. We have 2 new students today”.

I lifted my head from the desk I had been half asleep on. A boy and a girl stood on opposite sides of Mrs Campbell. The girl was standard cheerleader material.
Bleached blond hair, stupidly short skirt, fake tan, the whole shebang.
The boy on the other hand, looked different from what I’d been expecting.
He looked about 5 feet and 10 inches tall, with spiky brown hair, full of gel.
He was smiling mischievously, like he’d just played a prank on the teacher and he was looking forward to her reaction.
He wearing a black shirt was an octopus on the front, with baggy brown shorts that reached past his knees.

“This is Stacey Stone” Mrs Campbell said, gesturing towards the girl. “And this is Mark Prescott” She said, gesturing to the spiky haired boy. “Stacey, go sit next to Laura over there” Mrs Campbell instructed.

Laura, a punk-rock girl whom I was friends with, rolled her eyes at the thought of this Barbie doll sitting next to her.

“Mark, go sit next to… Frank over there” She commanded.

I froze. What was she thinking? Putting a rather attractive guy next to a loser like me? Big-ass mistake. Not complaining though; attractive guys next to me is something I fully welcome with all my heart; I just have no idea what to say to them. And 99 per-cent of the time they don’t even swing my way, so that’s balls. Anyway, after Mrs Campbell ordered Mark next to me, he grinned and strode over, throwing his bag on his desk and collapsing in his chair in a way similar to me.

“Hey there” He smiled. “I’m Mark. But I guess you knew that! Anyway, you’re Frank right?” His voice was quite husky, not in a douchey way, but in a way that I found quite rad.

“Uh, yeah, I’m Frank. It’s nice to meet you Mark. Welcome to this dungeon commonly called school. I’d be happy to give a guided tour after this lesson” I smiled back, shaking his hand.

Mark nodded. “Tour sounds cool. Won’t we get in trouble for skipping class though?” He asked.

I shook my head. I’d long figured out a million small tricks to skipping class without getting in deep shit. “Nope. You tell the teacher you were showing a new kid round, they chill out. It’s the easiest way to get out of shitty lessons” I grinned.

Mark laughed. "Guided tour it is then!"

“Mark! Frank! Pay attention and stop talking” Mrs Campbell yelled from the front of the class.

Mine and Mark’s head snapped up in unison to stare at the board and fake-listen. The lesson passed slowly.
Most of it consisted of me and Mark making rude comments to each other about the jocks and the fact that the amount of money the jocks spent on hair gel could probably pay for mine and Mark’s college tuition for 800 years.
The rest of the lesson was made up of other kids, namely the jocks we’d insulted previously, throwing various objects at our heads. Some of them (I shit you not) included:

• Plastic sporks
• Spit-balls
• Paper clips
• What I suspected was a condom
• An empty bottle of fake tan
• And a sock that smelled like a thousand pigeons had thrown up and died on it.

But the lesson had been pretty good compared to usual. Mark and I had really hit it off. We had similar music taste, him mainly preferring pop punk and alternative rock music. When the bell finally sounded, Mark and I shot out the classroom faster than the speed of a fast thing. “Time to start the guided tour of Boredom Central” I grinned.

So that's chapter 3 for you guys, I really enjoyed writing this one. I was super fun to make Mark. Also, you know that punk rock girl Laura, that I mentioned earlier? Should I include her in later chapters? I was thinking about that. Anyway, feedback is appreciated and I'll update soon hopefully. - xomikey
Sign up to rate and review this story