Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Awake and Unafraid

Chapter 19 Can You Stake Me Before the Sun Goes Down?

by CrimsonRevenge 4 reviews

Vampires Will Never Hurt You Video and MCR is invited to a party. Frank sees more than he bargains for at a party hosted by Eyeball Records. Gerard's jealousy rears it's ugly head at the club. Fran...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2013-03-29 - Updated: 2013-04-06 - 3520 words

5Hot
All right, guys, just letting you know I got inspiration for the club scene in this chapter from City of Lost Souls, which is fucking amazing and you guys should check out the entire Mortal Instruments series. I highly recommend. I read this particular scene and thought of Gerard and Tristan. I'm giving credit, because I should and it's the right thing to do. Sorry I didn't before. That is why I redid it and now it's up again. I did rewrite this chapter a bit.



Chapter 19

Can You Stake Me Before the Sun Goes Down?

June 2002

“Why the fuck are we doing this in an enclosed space?” Ray asked as he, Gerard, Frank, Mikey, and I were spray painting wall panels, black for our video shoot for ‘Vampires Will Never Hurt You’ music video.

I looked up from my panel, spray paint can in hand, “I think I might be a little high,” I giggled and went back to spraying the panel. These paint fumes are going to my head. I kept giggling like a crazy freak and just kept spraying the black paint onto my panels.

Gerard smiled sideways at me and tossed his can into the trash. “This probably wasn’t the best idea,” Gerard speculated as he felt a bit dizzy. Gerard ran his hands over his tired face; sweat was matting his hair to his head.

Frank was holding a bandana over his mouth and nose while painting his panels. Mikey was asleep on the steps of Ray’s garage. We were all in his garage painting the panels. It was three in the morning and we were shooting the video the next day with Alex from Eyeball.

“I think we’re done,” Frank announced while taking my spray paint can away from me and I staggered back away from the panels and into Gerard, who held me up. I turned to him and smiled.

“I’m a little tired,” I yawned and Gerard smiled, letting me go so no one saw he was holding me. It was the same night after being at Blaine’s and Nate’s apartment. We went from the apartment straight to Ray’s to start the work. We have the video shoot in the morning and then a party to go to tomorrow night. Gerard knew I needed to go home to bed.

Gerard made sure I could stand by myself before he let go, “All right, guys I’m taking Tristan home. We meet at ten in the morning, here.” He grabbed my arm lightly and led me to the door.

“Ten?” Frank asked, “Why so damn early?” Frank whined.

“Cause we gotta a party later,” Mikey explained and followed Gerard and I out the door and to the car.

The next morning; well a few hours later.

“I look sick,” I pouted as Gerard rubbed white paint all over my groggy face. I only slept like five hours cause of the painting last night and then getting up early and being ready by ten this morning. Gerard had carried me into the basement last night and laid me on his bed to sleep, while he slept next to me over the covers with his arm over me. I woke early to discover this and it made my heart skip a clichéd beat.

“Close your eyes!” Gerard barked at me, “Dammit, Tristan. I’m gonna get this shit in your eyes. Close them.” Gerard gently rubbed the white makeup paint all over my face just like his and all the guys. We were all dressed in suits; well button-up white shirts, black pants, and black ties. Looking sharp. Gerard his hair spiked up, Mikey wore his straight and to the side of his glasses. Frank just had his spiked up too. Ray’s mini fro was becoming more glorious by the day. I just had mine hair straightened and parted on the side.

I could have put my own white makeup on, but I wanted to feel his hands on me. I wanted to touch him, kiss him, just be near him, but since it was so late and everyone was around last night, we couldn’t.

“All right, fine,” I conceded and let him win. Gerard chuckled and kept on with the makeup.

Ray walked up looking ghostly white and sharply dressed, “So what’s with all the white on our faces?” He asked while tuning his guitar.

Frank, Mikey, and Matt were getting the garage ready.

“We are vampires, remember?” Gerard rolled his eyes and wiped his hands off on a towel, “There, you’re finished.”

I got up and went to the bathroom inside the house to check out his handy work. I peek my head in the door and turn on the light to see the full length mirror, “Whoa,” I said out loud as I walked up to it. I looked dead with white makeup all over my face and my eyes blacked out. This is going to be amazing. I smiled and made my way back to the garage with the rest of the band.

Later that night.

We had filmed the video in just two hours, with surprising footage. I went back to the Way house and showered, while Gerard and Mikey took the video over to Eyeball Records. We were going to a huge Eyeball Records party in New York.

Hundreds of band members and groupies are crammed into the downtown New York club. Many are drinking tremendous amounts of alcohol and some are doing illegal drugs off in side rooms, but no one says anything.

People were snaked outside the club in a long line that wouldn’t end. We were lucky to have gotten in the club when we did. Everyone outside, would probably remain outside due to the overcrowded capacity of the club. I arrived with Gerard and Mikey, we parted ways and I looked for Jamia and Frank. Frank was supposed to be playing on stage with some unknown band just for fun, so was Ray. Matt was here somewhere, not that I really care where was.

Inside, the club was full of dry-ice smoke. Colored lights played over the dance floor, turning it into a multicolored and dark sea of people moving to the music. Slender limbs clad in scraps of cotton and black leather appeared and disappeared inside the revolving columns of smoke as the party goers danced. Girls tossed their long hair, boys swung their bodies to the beat, and bare skin glittered with sweat. Waves of energy that filled them with a drunken dizziness was wafting through the thick, hazy air.

I finally hear Jamia calling my name, “TRISSSSTTTTTANNNNNNN!” Jamia spoke over the loud music, “Where have you been?” She slurred as I made my way to the bar she was hanging on. Priscilla was dancing seductively with her long dark hair curly and wild, next to Jamia. Jamia was sitting on a bar stool, drinking a pink concoction.

The club was a euphoric place and I was caught up in the madness of the night, just waiting for that moment where I got to dance with Gerard. Where no one cared if we were together or not.

“TRISSSSTTTTTANNNNN!” Jamia yelled over the music, drawing my attention to her, finally. Her dark hair was short and in a faux hawk that suited her. She was crazy drunk already; I could see that from twenty feet away.

This was My Chemical Romance’s first invite to a scene party done by the record label and that was huge for us. It was really just an excuse for everyone to together to drink and make questionable decisions.

I hugged Jamia and she giggled like a school girl.

“Oh thank god, you’re here,” Priscilla smirked, “Now you can help me win this bet,” I cocked an eyebrow at her as she handed me a drink identical to hers.

I tasted the pink drink; mmmm this is so good. I took another long swig off the drink, swallowing more liquid this time.

“What are you talking about?” I asked, while taking another drink and swaying to the music.

“Who’s hotter?” Priscilla leaned in, her curly hair falling over her right eye, “Adam from Taking Back Sunday,” She pointed near the stage. I could see him drinking with his band. Damn he’s cute. I smiled. “Or Gerard?” she eyed me suspiciously. She’s knows.

I stared at her, studying her expression, trying to figure out what she knows. Do you know? I eyeball her. You do know something. Fuck.

“Um…” I start.

“I know,” Fuck. Priscilla’s words hit me like a piano falling on my head. “Don’t worry, I won’t tell,” She said, “Well I won’t tell anyone else.” She said apologetically. What? Who did you tell?

Priscilla’s eyes fell on Jamia. Son of a bitch. She’s gonna tell Frank.

“Sorry I had to tell someone,” Priscilla tried to seem sorry. Damn you!

Jamia was so drunk, but she still was able to say, “Don’t worry, your secret is safe with me,” Jamia smiled down at me from her stool. I hope I can trust you.

I swallow the rest of the drink, “Well then, I think I need another!” I cry before grabbing another drink from the bar and downing that one in a single bound. Priscilla got me another drink after I swallowed the second. I could already feel the effects of the alcohol on my system.

“Wooooo!” Hannah cried as she made her way toward us, “I found you guys!” She was already three sheets to the wind. I was getting there myself.

Hannah put her arm around me and I looked up at her with a grin on my face, “Let’s DANCE!” She exclaimed before dragging me, Jamia, and Priscilla out onto the dance floor, which was already crowded. Crowded with all sorts of people. Old and young.

I found myself entranced with the music and swayed my hips to the beat with my drink in my hand, occasionally taking a drink while out dancing all the people around me. I felt free and light and a bit dizzy, but I didn’t care. I kept up with them as the music sped up.


Across the room, Mikey and Gerard were engaged in a conversation with other men in other bands about traveling and shows and women. Gerard was drinking beer and was feeling a buzz.

He kept his eyes on Tristan, occasionally joining in the conversation. Tristan, what are you doing? Are you drunk? He kept wondering how drunk she was already and if he should take her home. That is number three, he thought.

He watched her shrug off other guys’ advances and dance with Hannah, Jamia, and Priscilla.
This girl is amazing. Gerard smiled at his luck of having her in his life. Tristan was his. Finally his, no matter what happened. The only problem was telling everyone. He was scared what all of them would think of their age difference. It didn’t matter to him anymore, but he knew it did matter to everyone else. Society would frown upon them.

Gerard took a swig off his beer, getting back into the conversation. Matt sat down with them now and half of Taking Back Sunday.

Gerard watched Adam Lazzara make his way toward Tristan, who was still dancing; her long dark hair in waves all around her face and her black plaid button shirt half undone with a dark gray wife beater underneath. She was also wearing a pair of black skinny jeans and converse. She looked amazing. All her clothing was hugging her curves and she was growing into such a beautiful young woman. The thought of Tristan’s body sent chills all over Gerard’s body. He knew his face went red and his blood pressure shoot up and his heart started to race at the thought of Tristan.


“ADAM!” I cry drunkenly as he shoved his way through the crowd. Adam hugged me tightly and smiled.

“Hey there, beautiful!” Adam replied while starting to dance with all of us, but mainly me. His brown hair was longer now and matted to his head from all the heat in the club. He was so tall too, over six feet tall and lanky, but in a good way.

Priscilla kept hanging all over him, but he wasn’t paying any attention to her.

Adam kept putting his hands on my waist and pulling me closer. I was too drunk to push him off. The club was a blur around me and the way we moved made me want to keep dancing.


What the fuck! What is she doing? What is he doing? Gerard’s rage boiled to near exploding. Get your filthy fucking hands off my girl! Gerard didn’t like this at all. Why wasn’t she pushing him off? Was she too drunk? What the hell is going on?

He stood up, catching the attention of Mikey, before he stormed off through the crowd in a fit of jealousy.

What the hell is going on? Mikey watched his brother shove his way through the dense crowd of people toward Tristan, Jamia, Hannah, Priscilla, and Adam. Mikey knew exactly why Gerard was storming off toward Tristan now, when he saw Adam with his arms around Tristan. Oh holy shit!


Gerard found his way into the crowd and to Tristan, by the time he got there; he knew that he didn’t need to make a scene.

Gerard ran his hand through his thick, short, dark hair and tapped Adam on the shoulder. Adam turned toward him and instantly let Tristan go, “Mind if I cut in?” Gerard asked trying to contain his anger toward Adam.

Adam could see the rage flash in Gerard’s eyes and nodded yes. Adam went over to dance with Priscilla while Gerard wrapped his arms around Tristan, who looked up at him and smiled.

Gerard’s arms are now around me. This feels so right and so much better than Adam’s arms. This feels like home. We are dancing for everyone to see. This is so strange.

The music had an even more insistent beat than the music earlier; it shot through my ears and into my veins and Gerard spun me around so I was facing him.

We danced to the rhythm of the music that my brother and Ray were playing. It was a crazy dance rock beat that I couldn’t really keep up with, but I tried. I tried to lose myself in the music and not think of anything but the feel of Gerard’s body against mine.

I didn’t know what I was thinking, but I pressed my body against Gerard’s. Gerard stared back at me with desire filled eyes and swayed to the beat with me. The two of us not caring what was happening around us or who saw.

We were both so happy. In this very moment in time, we were so happy. I could feel it in every breath Gerard took and every move his body made with mine. Right now there had been no nagging doubt when I looked at him, about our relationship. I love him. He is my forever.

I don’t know if it was the alcohol in my system or the euphoric sense of being perfectly happy in this moment, but whatever it was, gave me nerves of steel and I leaned up then, and kissed him right in front of everyone in the club, including Frank, Mikey, Ray, and Matt.

Gerard didn’t push me away. He gave into to me. Gerard was breathing hard; he reached for me as I spun away, teasing him and he spun me back into his pair arms that held me tightly against him, never wanting to let go. I melted back against him, closing my eyes and letting the moment build. I could feel every muscle in his body against mine and our hearts beating violently against us. The feeling was strange and new, but oh so amazing.

Gerard spun me around once more, and pulled me close to where we were face to face. The fabric of his T-shirt was thin and I could feel the burn of his skin underneath. Gerard lowered his glance to mine neither of us not really dancing anymore. Something was controlling us and calling for us to be connected. Be with each other and not care about what everyone else might think. The alcohol was making the room spin and blur all around me.

Priscilla and Adam danced nearby and tried to stay away from us. Jamia and Hannah had made their way back to the bar from more drinks.

Gerard groaned against me as we kissed once more. I didn’t care who saw anymore.

Gerard made an impatient noise, and then he was moving through the crowd again, drawing me after him and into one of rooms down the hall behind the stage.

There were a few rooms behind the stage used for bands playing there, but right now most were empty.

Gerard closed the door behind us and we crashed against each other like we couldn’t control ourselves. Our mouths collided and slid together; Gerard shifted and threw me back on the couch near the back of the room, him coming down on top of me, pinning me down with his body. He kissed me furiously and passionately.

My hands were instantly under Gerard’s T-shirt, my fingernails clawing at his back, savagely pleased when he gasped against my mouth. The dark room hid us from seeing the looks on our faces from each other. We were secluded and out of control.

His hands slid down along my body and reached the buttons of my shirt, he quickly unbuttoned the plaid shirt in a flash.

“What are you doing?” I whispered. “Gerard?”

He looked at me with passion filled eyes. His face was barely visible in the darkness and I was becoming a bit scared. This was too fast.

He ignored my question and continued to kiss my neck and he pulled my plaid shirt off, revealing the gray wife beater, which was damp from the sweat of dancing.

“Gerard,” I whispered. “Gerard, slow down.” I want you so bad, but not here. I want this to be special. Gerard, stop.

His hands didn’t stop what they were doing, running under my shirt and feeling the skin of my back, stomach, and waist. “They won’t.” He trailed a path of kisses down my neck, effectively scattering my thoughts. Oh, goddamn. Don’t stop. I surrendered to the passion of the present.

I was going to come apart under his hands and there was nothing I could do about it. I didn’t want to stop. This was it. This was gonna happen right here, right now. “Gerard—”I clung to his shirt in desperation to not go any further. He was being rough and I wondered what was going on in his head. Did he really want this, now?

“Gerard? Tristan?” We parted faster than we had ever done before, getting off the couch, and looking toward the door, seeing Frank and Ray in the doorway with dumbfounded looks on their faces. They had switched on the light and could clearly see what we were up to.

Frank’s mouth gaped as he realized what had been going on in that room. I quickly reached down and picked up my button up shirt. My face was red and I was feeling woozy.

Gerard stared at Frank for a moment, waiting for the hate to come spewing from his mouth.

Ray backed into the hall and waited and watched as Frank stepped into the room with Gerard and I and he closed the door softly behind him.

I couldn’t read his expression. Frank took out a cigarette and lit it, passed it to Gerard. Gerard eyed him for a moment and accepted the offer. He took it and took a long drag off the cigarette.

I watched this while holding my shirt in my hands and waited for someone to say something. Say something. Jesus Christ, please say something.

Frank lit another and took a deep drag off it, “So, um, the two of you, huh?” He questioned almost casually. What the hell?

Gerard sucked in a deep breath and replied, “Are you ok with that?” Is he ok with that? Really? Does it matter? Yes. Yes it does. I want Frank to want us together.

Frank looked over at me and asked, “Are you ok with this?” Am I ok with this? YES!

I nodded, unable to respond verbally.

Frank smiled finally. I let out a breath I didn’t know I was holding, feeling relief.

“Just don’t hurt her, ok?” Frank asked Gerard this favor.

Gerard chuckled, “Ok. She’s in good hands. I promise.” The best hands.
Sign up to rate and review this story