Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Venom

Her Bark

by lalatherapist16 1 review

I didn't move. I knew it world be worse if I did.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2013-04-03 - 742 words

0Unrated
When we got back to the house that had never been called home by me, we put away groceries and I started dinner. Ms. Jo went to shower as I cooked. When she came back form, I was setting the table and placing her food in it's spot.

She walked over and flipped the plate out of my hands. The hot food clang to my chest. A small squeal came out of my throat, but barely got past my lips. She threw the second plate on me as well.

I didn't move. I wasn't stupid. "You want to go to public school?" She said off handedly as I started to clean the floor. "Why? So you can get raped by a teacher? So you can get bullied by other kids?" There was a long pause. "Answer me dammit!" She kicked me into the broken glass and spilled food.

Pain. I felt all the pain of the cuts and burns from my fall. "I think I'll be okay, Ms. Jo." I said as I got back to my hands and knees to clean, biting the inside of my cheek. She gave a short laugh.

"Fine." I looked up at her. She was smirking down at me, her arms crossed. We'll enroll you at Bensay. It's the closest school and you can walk there." I felt my face light up. "On one condition."

"Yes Ms. Jo?" Anything! I thought. I'll do anything.

"The boy we saw today. Stay away from him. If I find out you befriend him, I'll pull you straight out of school." I felt my insides sinking.

"Yes, Ms. Jo." I whispered. I finished cleaning and reset.the table. We ate, I cleaned. And I got the chance to shower.

The next morning, I woke early, as always. But Ms. Jo wasn't in our classroom. She was down in the kitchen, eating. "Get dressed. We enroll you today." She said simply as I hour something to eat too.

Excitement bubbles in my chest until I felt like vomiting. Even with the forbidden friendship I planned on making, I was just happy to be going to school.

To be getting away from her for eight hours a day five days a week. Probably not today, but hopefully tomorrow. For the first time in my life, I realized all I had in my closet was black. Black shirts, black pants, black shoes, black socks, black jackets, black coats. Even black underwear.

I got dressed and combed my hair before I headed in to wash my face and brush my teeth. I heard Ms. Jo down stairs, gathering things up. "Hurry up, Frank." She said, but didn't tell.

At a breakneck pace, I cleaned myself up and ran down the stairs, taking two or there at a time. Ms. Jo was waiting for me by the door. I calmed myself as she looked at me, making my eyes flat.

She nodded and opened the door. I mapped out the path to the school in my mind. It was a five minute drive, so that meant a ten to fifteen minute walk. Ms. Jo said nothing as we drove.

But, when we got there, she turned to me. "Understand one thing, Frank." I looked into her cold eyes. "Keep your home and school lives separate. Tell nobody of our house or what happens there." I nodded. "Good boy."

My eyes bugged at that. She'd never complimented me, in the house or in public. She got out and I followed her.

The school was huge, towering against the sky like a monster. "Come." I heard her bark at me. I jumped and followed. Children all around us stopped and stared. A teacher approached us. Ms. Jo changed as usual. "Yes, could you take us to the principal? I'd like to enroll my adopted son here."

The talk man blushed at her soft, breathy tone and nodded, guiding us into the building and up a flight of stairs. "Thank you." She touched his arm. "Don't be nervous, Frank." She said as the man walked walked away, in case his ears were still tuned, and opened the door to my future.







Another chapter! I might have time to add onto A house divided tonight, but I don't know for sure.

Maybe if I start now I'll have it done tonight. I should try, at least.

So R+R and lemme know what ya think!

Hugs and Beads,
-Lala
Sign up to rate and review this story