Categories > Original > Humor > HEY HEY WE ARE A HURRICANE

I Remember...

by atomickilljoy 2 reviews

The season of nostalgia is headed our way.

Category: Humor - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2013-04-06 - 619 words

0Unrated
As said in the description, the season of nostalgia is headed our way.
For me, that's spring.
A lot of my stuff happened in Spring and Summer.
So, here we go.

1. I remember when I was in the 4th and 5th grade, I used to dance. I danced in the spring and summer, and I loved it.

2. I remember when I was in 6th grade, and I used to rush home, because I hated school. I didn't want to spend anymore time in the school yard, even it was just the school yard, and not inside the actual school.

3. I remember when I was in 7th grade, and I made new friends. I used to walk one of my friends, Amanda, home from school everyday. I also hung out with my new friends in the actual school yard. I also started wearing skinny jeans and plaid shirts.

4. I remember when Amanda was listening to her ipod in class because the bullshit teacher didn't do shit about anything except look all innocent, and I asked "What are you listening to?" and she replied "Oh my gosh, it's a great song! It's called "Time To Dance" by Panic! At The Disco". And she made me listen. That was the first Panic! song I listened to. I wanted to impress her, my first best friend, so I downloaded it and only rarely listened to it. Then, one night, I decided that I should listen to it. And that's how I discovered Panic!

5. I remember this one boy, in 7th grade, Jason. He was funny, cool, and awesome. He wore a Green Day shirt a lot, so, to impress him I started listening to Green Day. Soon, we became real good friends, and not anything more. That's how I discovered Green Day.

6. I remember how I used to hang out with Amanda a lot in the summer. So, we were walking, and my ipod died, so I was bummed. She said "Hey, AJ, you can listen to my ipod. I discovered a song, it's SOOOO good." We listened. I asked "Who's it by and what's it called?" and she replied "It's called Teenagers by My Chemical Romance". And I went home,downloaded it and saw that my oldest brother had Welcome To The Black Parade in itunes. So, I listened to it, because I always thought it was a boring "marching band" song. I listened, skipped ahead a bit, and saw that it was more than that. I loved it. And that's how I discovered My Chemical Romance.

7. I remember graduation day. It was all over. It was all ending. I put on my cap and gown. I left and I remember thinking "Wow...so this is it".

8. I remember the very last day of school. I remember how I listened to Are We The Waiting followed by St.Jimmy followed by Letterbomb all of 7th grade on my way to school. So, I took my time that day. I walked the 5 minute walk to school, followed by a pit stop at a local store to get a 3 Musketeers bar(since my two friends and I were the "3 Musketeers" since 7th grade), listening to Are We The Waiting, followed by St.Jimmy, and Party Poison, to commemorate the 8th grade that I spent listening to Party Poison on my way to school. I became a killjoy that year. So, for me, this was like a series finale. I thought "Wow. This is the end of the road for me". It was onto a brand new road for me. I don't regret it one bit. Time to move on. Time to make some new memories. Time to grow up.

now, on to the next.
Sign up to rate and review this story