Categories > Original > Humor > Rain

Chapter 9

by timeywimey27 1 review

Here is chapter 9, enjoy. Rate and/or review please, it's always appreciated.

Category: Humor - Rating: G - Genres: Humor - Published: 2013-04-07 - 494 words

0Unrated
Chapter 9

Jogging into class seconds before the bell, I fell into my seat next to my friend Tom. Tom was a prominent member of the local punk rock scene where I lived. He was 17, like me, and was more dedicated to anarchy, freedom and music than anyone I had ever met, even Laura. He wore a black jacket covered with silver studs, and his usual black jeans that I strongly suspected hadn’t been washed in a year, like Laura. We both sat at the back, as usual. That way, we could get any with pretty much anything and not get caught. A few minutes later, Mark wandered in and gestured to him.

“Mark! Get over here” I called to him.

He looked over in confusion, but grinned when he saw it was me who was calling. He walked over, nervously nodding to Tom, and collapsing in the seat beside me. “Mark! This is Tom” I said, gesturing to Tom, who nodded. “And Tom, this is Mark”.

Tom nodded. “Great to meet you Mark” He said quietly.

The rest of the lesson passed slowly and boringly. The three of us talked among ourselves and I got elbowed by Tom, which normally wouldn’t have been hurt, but Tom was wearing a jacket with spikes and studs, so it’s safe to say, that elbow to the stomach caused damage. The teacher yelled at us three times and Tom nearly got thrown out of class, but that wasn’t unusual for Tom.

The next lesson I had was History, yet another lesson I didn’t give a single crap about. I had Laura and Mark in that class, so that was a small perk.
Unsurprising, that lesson sucked. It consisted of book being thrown at my head, Laura getting kicked out for calling the teacher a fascist, Mark being asked various questions by said teacher (none of which he knew the answers to) and me getting kicked out too for throwing a book back at the girl who had thrown it at me.

At recess Laura, Tom, Mark and I went round the back of the school by the dumpster, where Tom and Laura smoked and we all talked. “Hey Mark, you wanna come dumpster diving with us tonight?” Tom interrupted me to ask.

Mark cocked his head. “I have no idea what that is” he said flatly.

Laura laughed good-naturedly “Dumpster diving is basically where you take food, clothes, whatever, out of dumpsters” She explained.

A look of comprehension crossed Mark’s face.
“Oh! Sure, what time?”.

Tom, Laura and I looked each other. “Seven?” I suggested. “It’s gets dark then”.

Tom, Mark and Laura nodded.

“Seven then. Meet me outside that grocery store near my house”. I said, before the bell rang and we headed off to our respective classes.

Chapter 9 is finally done. 10 should be done soon. Please rate and/or review, I can't wait to hear your feedback. Thank you
Sign up to rate and review this story