Categories > Original > Humor > Rain

Chapter 8

by timeywimey27 1 review

Sorry this chapter is so late, but here we go. Chapter eight at last!!

Category: Humor - Rating: G - Genres: Humor - Published: 2013-04-06 - Updated: 2013-04-06 - 499 words

0Unrated
Chapter 9

“Frank, I swear to God, if I’m late on the second day, I will eat your soul!”.

I was startled awake by the oh-so-delightful sound of my idiot brother yelling from downstairs. I rolled out of bed and onto the floor (again. This was becoming a routine) and stood up quickly. Grabbing random sets of clothes, I pulled various items of clothing on until I found something that didn’t look completely abysmal on me.

“I’m coming, I’m coming!” I shouted back.

I ran out my room, before dashing back to grab my bag and poor, yet completed, maths homework. Stumbling down the stairs, I grabbed my shoes and fell out the door with Justin. He ran for the bus, but this day, I’d decided to walk instead. I was getting sick of sitting on the same bus as a bunch of hippie fucking scumbags. Plus, Laura walked to school too, and she was fun to talk to.

10 minutes into my journey, I passed Laura’s house, and leant against a lamp post, waiting for her to come out. She jogged out at around 8:40 and grinned at me from the apartment block door. “Frank, you fucking creeper, what are doing hanging round my place?” She yelled.

I laughed and held my hands up in a gesture of peace. “Just walking to school, sue me” I laughed in response.

“And you look especially brilliant today” I smirked.

She punched me in the arm, but laughed. She was wearing a black tank top that showed her many tattoos that she had gotten over the years. The school didn’t approve, but the school policy technically didn’t have a written rule against tattoos. Laura was 17, and somehow had managed to get more tattoos than any adult I had ever known. She also wore black drainpipe jeans that hadn’t been washed in a year, something she was very proud of, and black converse with white paint splattered on them. We dragged our feet as we trudged towards school. Laura and I had united in our mutual hatred of school and education in general. She was far more dedicated to anarchy and the punk rock scene than I was, but we both agreed school was a fascist corporation that we felt was unnecessary.

Eventually, we managed to get to school on time, albeit a couple of minutes late. She wandered off to maths class, and I kicked stones towards Geography class. While I thought Geo was a stupid class, I was looking forward to seeing my friend Tom there. And Mark would be there too, so the class wasn’t entirely loathable.

I'm sorry I took so long to post this chapter, but it's finally here. Chapter 9 should be up quicker. Tell me what you think please. More characters are going to be added later.
In addition, does anyone here go dumpster diving? If so, do you have any tips? Thank you, rate and/or review please!
Sign up to rate and review this story