Categories > Original > Humor > Rain

Chapter 7

by timeywimey27 2 reviews

Sorry this took forever to post, but I was so tired today I could hear colours.

Category: Humor - Rating: G - Genres: Humor - Published: 2013-04-01 - 457 words

0Unrated
Chapter 7

“Ok, dude, you’re guitar is pretty rad, but can you play it?” Mark smirked.

I shook my head pityingly. “Mark please. Request a song and I can play it”.

He crossed is arms. “Fine. Unexplained by The Misfits”. I rolled my eyes.

“Girlfriend please, easy peasy”. I began to opening riff to Unexplained, and watched Mark’s eyes grow wider.

“Fine, fine. Uh, White Cross by Against Me!” He smirked again.

I nodded, and found the chords from the attic I call a skull and began playing the riff, much to Mark’s amusement. A while passed, of us throwing songs back and forth, before it began to grow dark.

At about 7, Mark said he had to leave. I showed him the way out, and watched him cross the street, and then I closed the door and went inside.

I was slowly trying to process the day’s events. I had actually made a friend easily. I had a couple friends at school, of course, but making them had taken a while. Although Laura and I had become friends pretty quickly, the rest of my friends had taken weeks to warm to my sparkling personality. I shrugged to myself. Who knew? Maybe Mark had particularly low standards when it came to friend ship. Maybe he wouldn’t remain my friend that long. That particular thought stung a bit, but I pushed it aside.

I went to my room and sighed, beginning to get my stuff ready for school the next day. After half way through of the packing of my bag, I got bored and gave up, collapsing on my bed and putting my earphones in. I let the angry yell of Black Flag completely mask my thoughts so I could attempt to relax for 5 minutes.

I stayed in that position, flat on my bed, for about 3 hours. It was only when I listened to “Rise Above” for probably the millionth time that I checked my clock and saw that it was half past ten. It was also at that time I realised I had homework. I yelped and fell off my bed in shock. I grabbed a pencil, scrap of paper, and began bullshitting a bunch of vocabulary words I needed to learn. This was going to be fun.

Ok, so there is Chapter 7 in all it's glory (not). I was up until six am last night/ this morning because I had a sudden busrt of inspiration at around 11pm for a completely different story and kept qriting until about 5:30am. I fell asleep at 6am and woke at 10am. I was so tired all day I could hear colours. Please rate and/or review (the story, not my new colour hearing superpowers). xomikey
Sign up to rate and review this story