Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Desert Song

Missile Kid

by Chemical_30 4 reviews

The killjoys meet a small girl. But what could BL/ind want with a ten year old kid?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2013-04-13 - 1155 words

0Unrated
Chapter 6:

A few weeks passed, Jet and Sniper really hit it off. I was really happy for Sniper, she was a great girl who deserved someone who made her happy and treated her right. Krucafix became really good friends with Ghoul and Revolver; they did almost everything together, I was beginning to think that meeting the Killjoys was the best thing that could happen to our group. Accident and Poison would spend hours together, going over the maps and listening to different transmissions. I could tell Poison liked her a lot, I saw the way he looked at her when she wasn’t paying attention. Kobra and I stuck by each other’s sides, telling jokes or stories about the past. I haven’t told him everything about my past, some things I was still too ashamed to admit to anyone.

Currently I was sitting in the main room of the diner with Kobra, Jet and Sniper. Sniper sat on Jet’s lap, his arms wrapped tightly around her waist and his head resting lightly on her shoulder. Ghoul, Revolver, Missile and Krucafix had run out to the closest station (an area run by fellow killjoys that gave out supplies such as food, water and gas). Poison and Accident were in the back room listening to Dr. D’s transmission. Suddenly we heard the sounds of screeching tires and we all stood up quickly, grabbing our masks and our ray-guns. We ran outside and I saw a white van with the BL/ind logo plastered on the side of it. I could see the driver of the van was frantically trying to restart the van and drive away, but Kobra raised his arm and took aim. I saw a flash of light shoot from his gun and the Drac in the driver’s seat slumped forward against the steering wheel a bullet wound through his temple. The sliding door opened and three Dracs jumped out from the van.

I saw a bullet go right passed me and hit one of the Dracs, hitting him in the center of the chest making him fall to the ground like a bag of lead. I turned around and saw Poison and Accident standing by the door of the diner. Poison had his arm up and his ray-gun pointing in the direction of the Drac. Jet and Kobra quickly shot down the remaining two Dracs; Sniper looked at me with wide eyes.

“What just happened?” Sniper asked.

Jet shook his head, “I have no idea, but they obliviously weren’t here for us. They were trying to start the car again to get out of here.”

Poison and Accident walked up to us, “Why don’t we see what’s in the van?” Poison stated.

Kobra nodded and walked the remaining distance to the van. He still held his ray-gun in one hand and with the other he began to open the door. All of us had our guns pointed at the van, ready to shoot at a second’s notice. The door opened smoothly and Kobra peered into the van before going in. He was only gone for a few minutes before he exclaimed, “Oh my God!”

Poison instantly begun to run into the van but Kobra appeared at the door. In his arms was a small girl, there was a make-shift gag between her lips, and her arms and legs were tied together. Her wildly curly hair fell into her face and her eyes were closed. She couldn’t be older than ten years old! What would BL/ind want with a little girl?

Kobra carried her into the diner and her down on one of the mattresses. He pulled the gag out of her mouth and untied the ropes around her arms and legs. We all stood around the child, all equally confused about what was going on. After a few moments she quickly snapped open her eyes and scooted away from Kobra, “Who are you? Where am I?” She shouted a look of pure terror written on her face.

“It’s okay; we aren’t going to hurt you. W-we just found you in the back of a van owned by BL/ind.” Kobra stated in calm tone.

Tears welled in her eyes, “Oh no…that means they’re dead.”

“Who’s dead?” Poison asked.

She looked up at Poison, “My group. The Dracs…they killed them all and took me.”

I looked to Kobra who looked at her with a confused expression, “Do you know why they took you?” We all knew that Dracs mostly only killed killjoys; they only took them back to Battery City if they were extremely important.

She shook her head, tears falling down her cheeks, “N-no. The last thing I remember was getting put in the back of the van.”

“What’s your name?” I asked kneeling down in front of her.

“Missile Kid,” She answered in a soft voice, “But my real name is Grace. Nobody really calls me by my killjoy name.”

“I’m Trigger Trickster,” I introduced myself, “And this is Kobra Kid, his older brother Party Poison, Artistic Accident, Jet Star and Viper Sniper.”

She looked at the boys with wide eyes, “You’re the Fabulous Killjoys.”

Poison rubbed the back of his neck, “Yeah, that’s what we’re called.”

We heard the door of the diner open and Fun Ghoul call out, “Honey I’m home!” Poison rolled his eyes playfully.

“We’re in my room Ghoul!” Poison answered. A few minutes later Ghoul came in, followed by Revolver, Krucafix and then Missile.

“Who’s that?” Missile snapped pointing at Grace, “And why is there a BL/ind van in front of the diner?”

Poison quickly explained what happened and Missile groaned, “You can’t possibly think we can take her in. We’re going to run out of supplies we can’t possibly can’t on another killjoy.”
“She’s a little girl Missile,” Kobra spat turning his head to the side so that he was looking at Missile.

“I don’t care she’s still another mouth to feed.” Missile snapped.

“I-I don’t have to stay. I can go.” Missile mumbled.

“No…no sweetie. Ignore her…you’re staying here.” Poison smiled, but his smile faded when he
faced Missile, “And you’re not going to have a problem with that right?”

Missile just shook her head and stomped out of the room.

“Thank you.” Grace smiled weakly.

We all knew this girl had to be special. BL/ind wanted her for a reason. Kobra stood up and walked out of the room, I followed him. He walked into a back room that held several computers. Kobra sat down in a chair and turned them on.

“What are you doing?” I asked.

“I’m going to find out what’s so special about her.” Kobra muttered, “Care to join me?”
Sign up to rate and review this story