Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Desert Song

The Split

by Chemical_30 2 reviews

The group splits up. Who stays and who goes?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2013-04-08 - 1387 words

0Unrated
Chapter Five:

A few days passed and I had become really good friends with Kobra; we would just sit and talk for hours at a time. I think I have developed feelings for him, but I didn’t want to jeopardize anything, so for right now it would remain a friendship. Angel has been irritable since the moment we got here, he even snapped at Syanide a few times. Everyone knew he didn’t want to stay here, but we all had become friends with the Killjoys, and we weren’t sure that we’d ever want to leave. I was currently sitting in the garage with Kobra, Ghoul, and Revolver. Kobra was working on one of his bikes; Revolver sat on Ghoul’s lap, his arms wrapped tightly around her waist.

“Hey Trickster, can you pass me a wrench?” Kobra asked, I nodded and quickly got the needed too and handed it to him. Kobra tightened a bolt and sighed a breath of relief, “Finally this thing should be able to run.”

“Is that the one that we got from Battery City a few months ago?” Ghoul asked.

Kobra nodded, “Yeah,”

“How often do you guys go into Battery City?” I asked.

“About once a month, usually we stock up on medical supplies and food.” Revolver answered,

“But we haven’t gone as frequently lately, they upped their security and changed their security codes, Kobra hasn’t hacked into their new systems yet.”

I looked at Kobra with surprise, “You can hack into BL/ind’s systems?”

I could see a faint blush rise in Kobra’s cheeks, “Well yeah, they weren’t that complicated.
But these new ones are proving to be a challenge, but I should have them cracked in a few days.”

“Kobra is our computer genus!” Ghoul smiled, “He hack into basically anything.”

I could see that Kobra was about to say something but Krucafix opened the door and said, “You guys are wanted back in the diner, I think Angel has an announcement that he’d like everybody to hear.” She reported.

I rolled my eyes, “When doesn’t he?”

Krucafix laughed, “Yeah you’ve got a point, but he says it’s urgent.”

We all got up and followed Krucafix back into the diner and we saw everybody sitting in the main room, we quickly found some open seats and waited for Angel to start. He stood up and stated, “Guys I think we need to get moving again.”

Sniper sighed deeply, “Angel not this again.” I could see that her and Jet were holding hands underneath the table, I smiled at the sight.

“Hear me out. I know it was my decision that got us here in the first place, but it’s really dangerous to be with the Fabulous Killjoys.” He said, his voice rising.

“Why is it dangerous?” Accident called out.

“Because all four of them are on BL/ind’s most wanted list. Every exterminator and Drac are out looking for these guys.”

Poison sighed, “He has a point. Just being in the same room as us puts a target on your heads.”

“Being a killjoy puts a target on our heads.” I stated, not really in the mood to deal with Angel’s shit.

“But staying here will only put us in more danger. Accident is definitely well enough to travel; I think we should leave as soon as possible. Syanide agrees with me.” Angel’s eyes begged for us to follow him, to trust him as if he was our leader.

I looked up at Kobra; he was chewing on his lip, something I noticed he did when he was either upset or nervous. I sighed, “I’m sorry Angel but I really like it here. If it’s okay with them I was actually thinking about staying here…permanently.”

“I like it too Angel, and so does Krucafix. We were thinking the same thing…I mean if it’s okay with the guys.” Accident spoke up.

“I really like it as well, I think it would be nice to have such a large group. We’d keep each other safe.” Sniper grinned. Jet smiled and I saw him squeeze her hand reassuringly.
Missile groaned, “Poison we can’t possibly take in four more Killjoys. We can barely feed ourselves. It wouldn’t be practical.”

Poison looked to his brother and then to Jet who both nodded. Finally he turned his gaze to Ghoul who shrugged his shoulders, “Personally Poison I think we are doing just fine with supplies. I don’t think I would harm us as a group at all.”

Missile glared at Ghoul, “Where will they sleep? We don’t have enough room for them. I don’t think they’d like to sleep in the cramped booths their entire lives.”

“We can share rooms Missile. Ghoul and Revolver already share one, so what’s the big deal?” Poison asked pinching the bridge of his nose. “And you already have an extra bed in your room. Plus we have one extra room that isn’t being used.”

Missile rolled her eyes, I took that as her surrender, “So is that a yes?” I asked smiling.
Poison nodded, “Yeah, you guys can stay here,” He looked to Angel and Syanide, “You two are welcome to stay if you want as well.”

Angel shook his head and wrapped his arm tightly around Syanide’s shoulders, “No…we already agreed that we would leave.” He looked to Krucafix who had a sullen look on her face, “I’m sorry Krucafix, but I just want to keep everyone safe.”

“How is you two going off on your own safer?” Krucafix snapped, “We’ve been together since the beginning. And you’re going to just throw that all away because you’re jealous?”

“Jealous?” Angel asked.

“Don’t play dumb Angel we all know the only reason you want to leave is that you’re not the big strong protector anymore.”Krucafix spat.

Syanide walked over to Krucafix and tried to give her a hug but Krucafix pulled away a look of hurt on her face. “You tossed you’re lot with him. I hope you guys stay safe.”

Krucafix wiped a stray tear that fell from the corner of her eye before pushing Syanide aside
and rushing outside, slamming the door on her way out. Syanide bit her lip, took a deep breath and looked toward Angel, “I’m ready when you are babe.”

Angel hesitantly nodded and said, “Okay let’s go get the jeep loaded up.”

A few minutes passed, Angel and Syanide got into the jeep. Sniper, Accident and I stood outside. “You two stay safe you hear me? Come back and visit when you can, and if you need help just put out a transmission. I love you guys.” Accident stated her tone firm but friendly.

“I second that. I’ll miss you guys.” Sniper muttered, I could tell she was trying not to cry.

Angel and Syanide smiled sadly at us, “You too, we’ll miss all of you. Tell Krucafix we are sorry, we’ll see you guys on the flip side.” Syanide grinned her eyes glistened with tears, Angel began to pull away from the diner. I saw them both wave their last goodbyes, we all waved back.

Accident, Sniper and I watched as they drove away, a small cloud of dust swirling around the jeep. Within a few minutes the jeep was out of sight and I hear Accident sigh.

“Did we make the right decision?” She asked.

Sniper wrapped her arms around her and kissed her head softly, “I think we did, the Killjoys will keep us safe, and we’ll keep them safe. Don’t worry, this will be good…for all of us.”
I nodded in agreement, “Yeah, they’ll be okay.”

Accident nodded her head slowly, “You guys are right. So Sniper are you and Jet a thing?”

Sniper giggled, “I’m not quite sure, I think we are. At least I hope we are.”

“I see the way he looks at you; you two are definitely a thing.” I grinned.

A/N: Ugh I know this chapter wasn't my best. I'm sorry for that. I promise the next one will be better!
Sign up to rate and review this story