Categories > Games > Resident Evil > Resident Fantasy

Chapter Eight

by aerithbunny 0 reviews

Category: Resident Evil - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Romance - Warnings: [!!] [X] - Published: 2013-04-13 - Updated: 2013-04-13 - 2212 words

0Unrated
Resident Fantasy

Disclaimer: I own nothing and make no profit from this fic.

8888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888

Chapter Eight: Conflicting Emotions

8888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888

They had made their way up to the castle, Auron helped them into what had to be the cleanest and nicest bedroom they'd seen. Aerith of course found some vegetables, cleaning them and washing them, she did have Kuja cleanse them incase before she actually found a working stove and began to cook a stew. Sephiroth sat down in the corner away from most of them, why was his heart beating like this? Kuja had made him feel things he'd only felt around Genesis so many years ago, and he'd obviously never really had the chance to act upon such feelings.

"You know you are really a lot like Cloud." spoke Aerith turning and looking at Sephiroth.

"What makes you say that?" asked Sephiroth.

"Always in that head of his, the only way you'll ever open up is the same as him." she spoke once again.

"I never could get him to open up." spoke Tifa.

"You just pressed him too much, Cloud needs to do things at Cloud's pace." spoke Aerith.

"I guess it was too much to ask for him to look out for others?" asked Tifa, getting a little aggravated.

"Cloud has to do things on his own, he has to find his own way. He always did Tifa, I'm not saying asking him is wrong, I think strong arming him into saying yes doesn't help." spoke Aerith.

"You think I did that?" asked Tifa.

Aerith put up her hands attempting to calm the air around them, she didn't like this. She'd watched over them for years while being dead, and watched Tifa push Cloud around a lot, she'd never really spoke up too much about it because well she didn't really want to hurt her friend's feelings.

"Aerith is right." spoke Auron's cutting tone.

Tifa looked at him and frowned while Auron simply moved up from the wall he'd been leaning on.

"Listen to me. I pushed someone to the brink. Made him face a destiny, made him save the world. He resented me for a lot of it, and maybe it was better for him. But if someone can change their own destiny, if someone can change their own fate, why try to control them? We stood up in front of a world that claimed by us choosing our fate we were damning them all. We chose to rebel and we won. This Cloud person sounds like the type of man you can't mold to your liking. He sounds like he needs his own space." spoke Auron.

Aerith actually smiled at his words, Tifa folded her arms looking down at the ground. "So you learned that control was wrong?" she asked.

Auron nodded and walked over examining the stew which Aerith was making. "I never imagined we'd have a good cook with us." he spoke. She blushed a little in embarrassment and smiled.

"As for your friend Sephiroth, maybe he just needs space as well." spoke Auron.

Aerith nodded to Auron and gave Sephiroth a nod before she continued to cook. Sephiroth just waved a hand while Tifa walked outside looking down at the ground. Auron walked back over to Marlene and Laguna, watching as he tucked her into one of the beds and began to tell her of his travels with Ellone. Squall seemed distant, looking out of one of the windows, while Lightning was sleeping for the moment. Kuja was surprisingly quiet as well, as he was up stairs away from the rest of them. The air was tense, Auron knew perhaps speaking up was wrong, but he couldn't watch as someone made mistakes as he did. He walked outside looking to Tifa.

"I love him you know." she spoke.

"I can tell, but I wonder if you're trying to mold him into the man you truly want, just from what I heard." spoke Auron.

"She saw all of it, she saw me and him fight so much. He never truly returned the feelings I had for him." spoke Tifa bitterly.

"He loves her, doesn't he?" asked Auron.

"Yes, that much was obvious to me." spoke Tifa.

"Then you must let him go." spoke Auron.

"I don't know how." spoke Tifa.

"Well you see I once had to let go someone I loved as well. Despite my arguments with Braska, a man I loved dearly, he was my best friend with Jecht, and I lost them both. They went ahead anyway even though we could have ended the senseless deaths. I lost them both that day, and that day I died as well. Hell I was even sent to the farplane after the second journey, my soul was in the underworld, and yet here I am now. The point is, I lost control, and despite controlling Tidus and making sure he went down the path he did, I did it for my friends, their last request. I suppose I wanted to control something because I had no control with them, I couldn't save them. But I had to learn to be less controlling over him, as he gained his own pace with the path I set for him. Despite what happened, I know now that finding your own path is what's most important." spoke Auron.

"What do you think my path is?" asked Tifa.

"I think you should find your own way without this Cloud person, you have to write your own story Tifa, we all do. Now you are a good mother, and that is a form of control, but you must help that little girl grow and flourish, even if she doesn't always do what you say, as she has her own story as well." spoke Auron's wise tone.

She smiled at him, he smirked back at her. They walked back inside, Tifa walked over to Aerith.

"Hey I'm...sorry." spoke Tifa.

Aerith looked to her and smiled back. "Thanks, I really hate fighting with friends." spoke Aerith.

Tifa nodded and walked over to Marlene as she stroked the young girl's head in a motherly way while Laguna continued to tell stories. Finally Sephiroth stood up walking up the stairs he saw Kuja was actually looking out the window at the full moon that night.

"You know they say it makes a person mad, the full moon." spoke Kuja.

"I think you and I are way past mad by now." spoke Sephiroth.

Kuja laughed and stood up walking over to Sephiroth. "And what do you think we are then my moonlit canary?" asked Kuja.

Sephiroth looked at the ground. "I've never really thought about..." he began.

"Now don't lie, everyone has thought about someone else at some time in their life. We are after all beings of emotions, lust and love included in these sinful feelings we harbor. Surely before myself you saw another you wanted. Even so I know I am quite hard to resist, after all there is no one more beautiful then I am." spoke Kuja's haughty tone.

"Just when I believe you might be genuine, you drive me crazy, and well not in a way like being homicidal. Truth is I guess I'm just searching for a purpose now, but I feel a sense of it with you." spoke Sephiroth.

"Well of course you do my dear, you feel chemistry with me, just as I do with you." spoke Kuja's sensual tone.

"I guess you're right, there was one other." spoke Sephiroth.

"Oh? What were they like?" spoke Kuja.

"I'm not really willing to talk about it. I think maybe I'm just...confused. I haven't really had much time to get to know you, and yet you're driving me crazy." spoke Sephiroth.

"That is my job love." spoke Kuja.

Sephiroth finally walked over to Kuja and placed a hand onto his cheek stroking it for a moment before he leaned in and kissed him. It was a timid kiss despite Sephiroth's usual demeanor, but it definitely deepened into a passionate kiss, as their souls met and intertwined in it. Kuja wrapped his arms around Sephiroth's shoulders as Sephiroth continued to kiss him underneath the moonlit window.

Aerith had began to walk up the stairs to get them for dinner, but she stopped when she saw them kiss. She smiled and slowly retreated allowing them to have their moments. Sephiroth broke the kiss after several minutes of tongue's intertwining in a forbidden and passionate embrace.

"The last thing I expected was to meet someone like you." spoke Sephiroth.

"Let's not ever part my beautiful moonlit canary." spoke Kuja.

Sephiroth smirked at the other, wrapping his arms around Kuja, he held him close. He could remember this desire for Genesis, even desire for hatred of his world, and the desire to be one with his mother. Was that all her influence though? He didn't care, he'd never go back to her, not again. He had something far more amazing in his arms. Perhaps it was only the beginning, and who knew if they'd last, but he knew this meant something. He wanted to find out what it truly did mean. He took Kuja's hand into his own and walked down stairs with the other. Lightning had began to awaken and looked at them, she raised an eyebrow.

"What did I miss?" she asked.

"Oh nothing too important." spoke Aerith as she served each of them stew in some bowls she found and washed.

"Well Auron talked to Tifa after she and Aerith fought a little over some guy named Cloud. Then Sephiroth went upstair with Kuja and now they came down holding hands." spoke Squall.

"I wasn't aware you were paying attention." spoke Sephiroth looking to Squall.

Squall just shrugged. "I know what it's like to be in love, and to struggle with emotions as well. It's whatever to me what you two do." he spoke.

"So it doesn't bother you lion?" asked Kuja.

Squall looked to Kuja. "Now where did you come up with that nickname?" he asked.

"Oh nothing, just an inkling I have about you. You're not the lone wolf as much as you are the prideful lion, never willing to let anyone step on your toes, you fake not caring but deep down you care too much." spoke Kuja's insightful tone.

"You got that from an inkling?" asked Aerith.

Kuja smirked at her and sat down in Sephiroth's lap after he sat down and Aerith gave them both their dinners.

"Whatever, not like you know me." spoke Squall.

"Here I'll give you an example. You care for Lightning more then you've let on. When she was hurt I saw your face, you were very upset. The truth is you hide behind a mask but you care about your friends and their well being." spoke Kuja.

Squall sighed. "I suppose maybe you're right, but the person who taught me to care isn't here, she was my light, the one who taught me to believe in the world around me." he spoke.

"I'm sure Rinoa is fine son." spoke Laguna.

Squall looked to Laguna and sighed rolling his eyes. "What would you know dad?" he asked.

"Hey I was only trying to..." began Laguna.

"No forget it, I guess I'm just a little tense at being away from her for so long." spoke Squall.

Laguna nodded and began to slurp his stew next to Marlene who was eating her own stew hungrily. Auron looked to Aerith. "So why are all of us here, do you know?" he asked.

She handed him the papers she'd obtained so far, he began to read them as he ate his stew. Finally once he was finished eating he handed her the papers back.

"I see, so we're dealing with another corrupt cult of sorts, I dealt with one of those in my world as well, Yevon." he spoke in his deep tone.

Aerith nodded at Auron who sighed and laid back, deep in thought for a moment. "So we need to find the core of this, right?" he asked.

"We do but first we need to find our way to where the core is, and survive until then." spoke Aerith.

"Hmmm who knows if there are more of us around here." spoke Lightning.

"What do you mean?" asked Tifa.

"I mean look at how many of us are already here, I'm sure there's more of us here, thrown from our worlds into this one." spoke Lightning.

"It would make sense, I just can't figure out why we're here at all." spoke Squall.

"Well we were sent here because the fates were angry at what was happening. Leon and Ashley who were meant to go through this were both too injured to, we saved them so we were sent here in their place." spoke Aerith.

"This world has given me a new life already, I don't care why we're here." spoke Sephiroth.

Marlene yawned then and they knew it was time for some sleep rather then more questions. They all laid back and tried to get some shut eye, the place was boarded up as much as possible by Squall before he fell asleep as well.

8888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888

Author: I'm hoping for more reviews, hope you all liked it ^^
Sign up to rate and review this story