Categories > Games > Resident Evil > Resident Fantasy

Chapter Nine

by aerithbunny 0 reviews

Category: Resident Evil - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Romance - Warnings: [!!] [?] - Published: 2013-04-20 - 1832 words

0Unrated
Resident Fantasy

Disclaimer: I own nothing and make no profit from this fanfic.

9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999

Chapter Nine: Puzzle Pieces

9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999

They awoke early that next morning and began to walk again, they made their way back to that town they'd made it to before having to back track to find the vials. Aerith looked around, practically awaiting more villagers, but none came. It was quiet, almost too quiet. They all kept walking carefully, Kuja squeezed Sephiroth's hand a little at the silence, but Sephiroth squeezed back with reassurance. Kuja didn't like quiet, that much was obvious.

"Well this is weird." spoke Tifa.

That's when Aerith spotted a helicopter crash up ahead and she ran ahead to look at it, the group quickly following behind her as she looked at it carefully.

"God damnit son of a b*tch!" wrung out a familiar voice.

The voice was familiar to Aerith, Tifa, and Marlene who all ran around to see Cid standing there with a cigarette in his mouth kicking the helicopter. His blonde locks of hair, stubble beard, and obvious stance of annoyance, yes that was Cid.

"Cid!" exclaimed Aerith.

He looked over in shock at her voice, then he smiled and grabbed her hugging her tight, she smiled a little as he put her down, Marlene ran up and he picked her up and put her on his shoulder while Tifa walked over and placed a hand on her hip.

"Well I don't believe it, Aerith you're alive, Marlene and Tifa you two been wandering 'round these parts? Sh*t if I'd known, I probably woulda been lookin' for y'all." he spoke.

"Who is this crude man?" asked Kuja.

"Oh right, this is Cid. He's one of the best pilots from our universe." spoke Aerith.

"Then why did he crash the helicopter?" asked Lightning.

"Hey! I was repairin' this baby from scratch, managed to fly here from up the road little missy." he spoke.

"Little missy?" spoke Lightning with a slight twitch in her right eye.

"That's right, now that I crashed this baby, I've been kinda gettin' pissed, not seein' anyway out of this hell hole." Cid spoke.

"Well we've come from down the road that way, trust me there's no way out from there. Plus we've been searching for others who might have been dropped here like us." spoke Aerith.

"Well then I'm with ya'll, considering I need to find a way back to my Shera." spoke Cid.

Aerith smiled at Cid who of course pulled out a spear, it had been hand crafted from a wooden pole with a very sharp end of course made of metal, the thing was crawling with parasites. Cid however was wearing a pair of black worker gloves, VERY thick of course. He was also wearing a pair of blue worker boots, a pair of blue jeans, and a brown worker's shirt, obviously all stolen and washed.

"You sure you should be using that weapon?" asked Aerith.

"You got a better idea?" Cid asked.

"We need to find you something more sturdy." spoke Tifa.

"Wait what's silver headed psycho doin' behind ya'll?" asked Cid as he spotted Sephiroth.

Aerith began to explain to him what had happened, she then introduced Cid to everyone properly. Tifa of course was now looking for a weapon for him, when she found an iron rod, much like the one Aerith had earlier. She handed it to Cid as he threw the other to the side and examined it.

"I aint a staff or rod user though." spoke Cid.

"Maybe we could sharpen the end enough for you to be able to use it." spoke Aerith.

Lightning and Squall began to work on this, using their gunblades to sharpen it, easily making it into a spear-like weapon and handing it back to Cid. Cid threw it and made sure he could jab with it before giving them a thumbs up.

"Alright so we're ready to go?" spoke Aerith.

"I'm not sure if that weapon will be parasite proof, just remember to keep your gloves on." spoke Lightning.

"Well maybe if we find some metal to melt onto it as a coating like Auron did with his." spoke Aerith.

"I was lucky to find the onyx, but maybe in one of the other castles we'll find it." spoke Auron.

"Well there's a lot of them and we don't have a map." spoke Tifa.

Aerith just shook her head. "We should continue forward and try to look for one." she spoke.

"Any idea what these castles were even originally for?" asked Squall.

"I have no idea actually." spoke Aerith.

"Tis strange to see a castle without a beloved queen or king reigning over it with a vicious tyranny over the little inferior people." spoke Kuja.

"Well that's one way to put it. But maybe the lead cultist would be in the largest castle." spoke Laguna.

"That would make a lot of sense." spoke Tifa.

"Well but the question is are we going to be walking into a trap?" asked Squall.

"I'm pretty sure we can handle whatever it is, even so where can we find a map?" asked Sephiroth.

Aerith finally shook her head. "We have to keep searching the villages anyway, we need to find any vials to make sure if someone gets infected we can help them." she spoke.

They all agreed to this. "So maybe we should split up again?" asked Tifa.

"Well we should probably start investigating the towns nearby and smaller castles. And meet back here in a day or two." spoke Lightning.

"So who goes with who anyway?" asked Aerith.

"Wait some of us should stay here and hold down the fort, plus Marlene shouldn't be traveling near any of those other places." spoke Laguna.

"Good point, but who knows if this place will be surrounded or not." spoke Auron.

"Hey I just crashed a helicopter, I could use a break." spoke Cid.

"Well then we should decide groups, four of them. One will stay here while the other three leave and search." spoke Aerith.

"I'm staying here with Marlene." spoke Laguna.

"I'll stay with the man and Marlene, since I said I could use a break. Why don'tcha guys bring back some metal for my weapon? In the mean time I'll try to find a place to melt it down." spoke Cid.

"I'm headed west towards the village that way I can see from here." spoke Lightning.

"I'm headed east towards that small castle." spoke Aerith.

"And I'm headed back to the village before this to make sure we didn't leave anything behind." spoke Tifa.

Little by little the group decided which ways they were going or staying, the north path was left untouched since it went through another dense forest and they weren't sure what they might find there. The groups were divided into the following:

Aerith, Kuja, Sephiroth - Eastern Path
Lightning, Squall - Western Path
Tifa, Auron - Southern Path
Laguna, Cid, Marlene - staying at the middle village

Once they had decided this the various groups set off along their paths, while the three remained in the middle village. Cid and Laguna found a hut to stay in and began to barricade it, making sure it was a good fortress. Soon Cid found a place to melt metal down and began to prepare it, obviously this village had black smiths in it before.

"So where exactly did you get the cigarette anyway?" asked Laguna as he continued to work on nailing more wood up.

"Ah right, there's a shop keeper walkin' 'round. Truth is I found some gold pieces and traded 'em for a few packs. He wears a trench coat, real funny lookin' guy with a mask." spoke Cid.

"Wow really? I wonder if he'd have any good ingredients for meals." spoke Laguna.

"Nah the guy was mostly a weapon's salesman, guns and the like." spoke Cid.

"Guns you say? I wield guns most easily, since it was what I was taught to use." spoke Laguna.

"Right but like i said, I don't know where that guy went." spoke Cid.

Marlene was of course getting a fire in the fireplace ready as the two older men talked. The place was peaceful, but they knew it was only a matter of time as they continued to make sure it was safe for Marlene.

"Y'know, Barret would be glad to know she's safe." spoke Cid.

"I'm a father as well, I know what it's like to want to protect someone." spoke Laguna.

"Ya mean that broody one with the scar who was hangin' 'round the female version of spike?" asked Cid.

"Spike?" asked Laguna.

"Aw right you haven't met Cloud. Anyway, they're all sorta alike with that broodin' personality disorder." spoke Cid.

"Squall has his reasons to dislike me." spoke Laguna.

"Well why not give 'im a reason to like ya?" asked Cid.

"Believe me it's not easy." spoke Laguna.

"Well he's your kid, right? So he's gotta learn some sort of respect for ya." spoke Cid.

"I don't think he'll ever respect me, love me, or anything of that sort." spoke Laguna.

"Nah he loves you Laguna." spoke Marlene looking at him.

"What makes you say that?" asked Laguna.

"Just the way he acts, he loves you. He cares about you even if he doesn't show it. Cloud was always like that too, keeping his emotions to himself. But I know deep down he cares for everyone too." she spoke.

"Yeah and if he doesn't? What was it Barret said?" asked Cid.

She stood in that stance again and held her hand like a gun, like Barret would. "I'mma gonna kick that scrawny spikey haired butt of his!" she spoke in a perfect impression.

Laguna actually smiled a little, looking at the little girl as she acted like a man he'd never met but seriously wanted to meet. Cid of course smirked at her behavior, he seemed to be rough around the edges, but Laguna could already tell that Cid was a good man.

"So you married Laguna?" asked Cid suddenly.

"No I was, her name was Raine. But she died a few years back." spoke Laguna.

"Aw man, tough luck. Me? I got myself a Shera. She's the best wife a man like me coulda asked fer." spoke Cid.

Laguna smiled over at him and continued to work after the moment, yeah he could see himself becoming friends with Cid through all of this.

"But y'know, Aerith bein' alive, your Raine could be 'round here somewhere." spoke Cid.

Laguna couldn't even dare to hope, could he? Could Raine be out there looking for him? Perhaps there was hope, but he truly wasn't sure. He went back to looking for ingredients for their dinner next, Raine on his mind.

9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999

Author: Please review. Also, I will be trying to keep this as IC as possible, though Kuja and Sephiroth may seem a little OOC right now, I'm working on pulling them back a little.
Sign up to rate and review this story