Categories > Celebrities > Def Leppard > Moonlight #3: Bark at the Moon

Chapter Four

by Brambleshadow 0 reviews

Sav, watching Joe’s blurred outline in the shower, grinned and shook his head. There was so much blackmail material here it wasn't even funny.

Category: Def Leppard - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2013-04-14 - 2013 words

0Unrated
Notes: In my defense, for the first half of this chapter . . . [Gibbs-slaps JoeMuse] He made me do it!


Chapter Four

When Joe next opened his eyes, golden sunlight dappled the walls and carpet. He groaned and rolled over to find another warm body was occupying his bed. Sav was still asleep, one arm lying across his eyes, the other draped over his chest. For a few seconds, Joe was mesmerized by the way the bassist's rib cage rose and fell from his deep breathing. Then his pale-green eyes traveled to Sav's Adam's apple and carotid artery. Saliva pooled in his mouth as he propped himself up on one elbow to give himself a better view. He could hear Sav's heartbeat, smell the delicious copper-scented blood flowing beneath the skin . . .

Joe pulled back as if he'd been burned. He still found it hard sometimes to control the 'wolf bloodlust even after years of being a lycanthrope. When he was younger he'd run with a pack of purebloods that had taught him how to control his wolf side—but he, like Sav, had been bitten. Teaching a 'wolf who was made and not born took time—and right now, that wasn't a luxury Sav had. Joe wasn't even sure how he would be able to mentor the beta when their bandmates were in the same house with them nearly twenty-four/seven.

Speaking of Sav . . .

Images of last night ran through his mind, and Joe groaned. He needed a cold shower, like, right now.

*

Okay, so the water wasn't freezing cold, but the heat felt wonderful. Def Leppard's lead vocalist gradually became aware he was humming the intro to a Scorpions single, but he didn't care. Then the vocals kicked in: "It's early morning, the sun comes out. Last night was shaking and pretty loud. My cat is purring, it scratches my skin. So what is wrong with another sin? The bitch is hungry, she needs to tell, so give her inches and feed her well. More days to come, new places to go. I've got to leave, it's time for a show.

"Here I am, rock you like a hurricane. Here I am, rock you like a hurricane."

Joe sensed Sav stirring through their pack-bond but didn't think much of it. By now he was rinsing the lathered shampoo out of his soaking hair. When he was sure the shampoo was completely out, he reached for the bottle of conditioner and set about with the next step of bodily hygiene. He was still singing "Rock You Like a Hurricane" under his breath, though he was fairly certain Sav was the only one able to hear him: the bathroom he was currently using was just off their room.

"My body is burning, it starts to shout. Desire's coming, it breaks out loud. Lust is in cages 'til storm breaks loose. Just have to make it with someone I choose."

Sav had silently entered the loo and was just leaning against the wall, but since Joe had his eyes closed and he still smelled like the bassist, he didn't even notice.

"The night is calling, I have to go. The wolf is hungry, he runs the show. He's licking his lips, he's ready to win. On the hunt tonight for love at first sting.

Here I am, rock you like a hurricane. Here I am, rock you like a hurricane. Are you ready, ready, ready, ready? Here I am, rock you like a hurricane. C'mon, c'mon, c'mon! Here I am, rock you like a hurricane. Rock you like a hurricane!"

Then it was on to the guitar solo . . . and body wash.

Sav, watching Joe's blurred outline in the shower, grinned and shook his head. There was so much blackmail material here it wasn't even funny. He'd probably be arrested for voyeurism later, but he didn't care. The bassist's eyes glowed turquoise as his enhanced vision took over, washing everything in infrared. Yeah, he was definitely enjoying the view.

"It's early morning, the sun comes out," Joe sang softly. "Last night was shaking and pretty loud. My cat is purring, it scratched my skin. So what is wrong with another sin?

"The night is calling, I have to go. The wolf is hungry, he runs the show. He's lickin' his lips, he's ready to win. On the hunt tonight for love at first sting.

"Here I am, rock you like a hurricane. Are you ready, ready, ready? Here I am, rock you like a hurricane. Here I am, rock you like a hurricane. Well, come on, come on, come on, come on, come on. Here I am, rock you like a hurricane. Here I am!"

The water ran for a few more seconds, then shut off. Sav reached for one of the towels, ready to hand it to Joe when he slid open the glass door.

"Thanks," Joe said automatically as he accepted the towel. Then he realized exactly how the towel had come to be in his hands and his gaze found Sav. His cheeks flushed crimson. "How much of that did you hear?"

Sav's grin was deliberately wicked. "All of it. I didn't mind the view either. And I must say"—here, he broke into song—"last night was shaking and pretty loud. My cat is purring, it scratched my skin. So what is wrong with another sin?"

Joe groaned. "You're never going to let me live this down, are you?"

"Never."

*

Minutes later, both lupines were dressed for the day in jeans and T-shirts and were heading downstairs. When they reached the kitchen, the Terror Twins and Thunder God were already at the table wolfing down food (no pun intended). Sav and Joe hesitated before stepping over the threshold into the room, Sav deferring to his lower rank in the pack by staying just behind the singer.

"How'd you sleep, Phil?" Joe asked casually, sitting down beside the guitarist. Sav took a seat right next to Steve, and the Terror Twins were instantly boxed in. The subliminal message was clear: Try to run, and we will stop you.

"Fine," Phil replied tersely, his body tensing. Both werewolves knew he was lying: his heartbeat stuttered over that one word.

Joe leaned in closer. "You're sure?"

"I didn't," Steve said bluntly before Phil could answer. "We kept hearing noises."

"Noises," Sav repeated, trying hard not to look at Joe.

"Noises?" Rick asked, bewildered, as he looked up from his breakfast.

"Noises," Steve confirmed. "Phil here wanted to go investigate"—he ignored the dirty look the smaller guitarist flashed at him—"so he dragged me out of bed—thanks for interrupting a perfectly good dream, by the way—"

"You're welcome."

"—and when we went upstairs to look . . . well, I'm now scarred for life."

The other three Lepps just stared at him for a moment. Joe broke the silence by saying, "I think that's the most we've ever heard you say at one time, Steve."

"Oh, shut up," Steve grumbled, starting to push his chair back from the table. His escape route was blocked by Sav's arm, which had shot out to grasp the back of Steve's chair. Clark looked at the bassist in confusion, who smiled slightly and shook his head. "Nuh-uh. We're not done yet." Was he imagining it, or were Sav's canines longer than normal? Steve blinked, and the illusion was gone.

"We're not?" Phil questioned.

The expression on Joe's face was suddenly feral; and Phil, Steve, and Rick were instantly uneasy. Joe backed up Sav, saying, "We're not. Now, what kind of noises did you hear, eh?"

"Since when are you Canadian, Joe?" Sav cracked.

The alpha werewolf's response was a raised, stiff middle finger. "Shut it, Sav."

A corner of Sav's mouth quirked upward in a half-smile. "You really think that's going to work?"

Joe's enhanced vision took over for a millisecond as he stared the bassist down; the beta turned his head away. Sav mumbled, "I guess it will."

"Why do you want to know what kind of noises we heard?" Phil asked Joe. "It doesn't really matter, does it, since Steve and I accidentally walked in on you shagging Sav."

Steve shuddered. "Thanks for reminding me, Phil. Too bad it wasn't a dream."

"You're the one who pinched me!"

"All I said was you weren't dreamin'. I never said anythin' 'bout me. 'Sides, if I recall right, I was still half asleep."

"Lucky you," Phil muttered.

"Nah, 'twas Sav and Joe who got lucky."

"True."

Rick almost choked on a piece of toast. "Wait, let me get this straight: You two"-he pointed at the Terror Twins—"heard weird noises, went to check it out, and walked in on those two"—he pointed at Sav and Joe—"doing the deed?"

"Unfortunately, yeah," Phil answered.

Rick suddenly looked thoughtful. "Come to think of it, I think I did hear a howl."

The two lupines in the band exchanged nervous glances. Joe said, "A howl?"

"Yeah, sounded like a wolf."

"I don't know if you've noticed," Sav interjected sarcastically, "but we're in the Colorado Rockies. There's bound to be wolves."

"Wolves have been extinct in Colorado for quite some time, actually," Steve corrected. When his bandmates stared at him, he shrugged. "I like canines, so what? Shoot me."

"Seriously?"

Steve smacked Phil upside the head. "'Course not, you idiot!"

"So what was it, then?" Rick mused.

Phil shrugged. "You said it sounded like a wolf . . . so maybe it was a werewolf."

Panic flashed across Joe's empathy link. In the next second, the chair Sav had formerly occupied was empty and in danger of falling over. Joe was soon on his heels. He caught up with Sav at the top of the stairs, reached out to touch his shoulder.

The beta whirled around, eyes glowing. "They know," he hissed.

"No, they don't," Joe reassured him. "Phil was joking; besides, Jon wiped their memories. They don't know about us, Sav. They can't." The singer hand both arms on either side of the bassist boxing him in, having backed him up against the wall. Joe's eyes glowed turquoise, watching Sav's face intently. "Relax, Sav. Listen to me: They. Don't. Know."

A rattling breath was Sav's only response. "You're sure?"

There was a split-second hesitation before Joe replied with "yes." It wasn't long at all, but it was enough for Sav's temper to flare. He growled angrily; bared his fangs; and lunged forward, aiming for Joe's throat.

Joe reacted instantly, stepping back and to the side. His hand shot out, grabbed Sav by the collar of his T-shirt. The alpha easily lifted the beta as if he weighed nothing at all, snarling his fury at the inferior 'wolf's attack. Challenging an alpha was just not done. In larger packs, a challenge was a fight to the death. That aside, Sav was his mate, and this just felt wrong. But with both their wolves in control, there was no way Joe was allowing this to go unpunished. The alpha 'wolf slammed the beta down on the floor, snarled his victory.

Sav, facial features wolfed out, snarled and bucked, desperately trying to get his feet under him. "Let me up, Joe!"

Joe put his face close to Sav's, eyes glowing dangerously, fangs jutting out, claws pricking the bassist's skin. "No."

"The others probably heard us. Do you want them coming up here? I sure don't." Sav was starting to change back from the partial shift; gradually Joe loosened his hold on the bassist's shirt. The singer's 'wolf retreated back into the shadows, leaving his features wholly human—or as human as he ever was, anyway.

"Sorry, Sav, but I had to."

The bassist snorted. "Your 'wolf is one scary mother—"

"Don't even go there. And watch what you call my 'wolf."

Sav smirked. "What was that you were singing earlier? Oh, yeah: The wolf is hungry, he runs the show. He's licking his lips, he's ready to win. On the hunt tonight for love at first sting.

"Here I am, rock you like a—"

"Sav?" Joe interrupted.

"Yeah?"

"Shut up."
Sign up to rate and review this story