Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Tower of God

Ch.17 Ruby Tower

by Shank 0 reviews

The other towers (South vs. West) play off

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover - Characters: Gaara,Hayate,Hinata,Kakashi,Sasuke,Shikamaru - Warnings: [!] [V] [?] - Published: 2013-04-18 - 989 words

0Unrated
Ruby Tower

The first game of the Ruby Tower went under way. The South Tower’s tacticians were; Nara Shikamaru, Kilik: Air Gear (Former Gem King Rider), Timoteo: Hitman Reborn (9th Vongola Mafia Leader) and Colonello: Hitman Reborn (Arcobaleno and Worlds Greatest Soldier. They were going to be attacking first against the West Tower. Their tacticians were; Yakushi Kabuto, Kisuke Urahara: Bleach (Former Shinigami), Reborn: Hitman Reborn (Worlds Strongest Hitman), Nami: One Piece (Navigator for Straw Hat Pirates) and Shimura Danzo (Former ANBU Root Leader/Temporary Hokage).

Ikki the Storm King (Air Gear) was the quarterback for his team. He was rushed from the start by Jose Porla (Fairy Tale) who could create shadow shades to fight for him. He had some good protection with Dolflamingo and Gajeel (Fairy Tale) however they were going to have a good match from Killer (One Piece) and Natsu on the defensive line. Ikki was troubled from the beginning who learnt he couldn’t necessarily trust what he saw as the middle linebacker for the defence Kakashi could create illusions.
Ikki had some fast runners at his disposal. Kyoraku Shunsui (Bleach) and Shihoin Yoruichi (Bleach) were known for their speed in combat and the first line of defence often could do nothing to stop them. The safeties for the defence were strong in their own right. Kazu the Flame King (Air Gear) was fast as well as Blackbeard could make up for his speed with his darkness ability. The runners however were able to kick the offence off with two touchdowns each in the first half of the game.
The receivers were not as dominant as the Diamond Tower, Byakuran (Hitman Reborn) could temporarily fly and was fast, but he wasn’t overwhelmingly fast for his underling in his world Kikyo to pressure him. Killer Bee was also fast being able to speed himself up with lightning but Yasuyoshi Sano (Air Gear) was also known for his incredible speed. If it hadn’t been for his partial trasnsformations into the Eight-Tails, Bee might have been beaten by Sano.
Gabishi (Air Gear) and Jellal (Fairy Tale) as saboteurs tried to hinder the performance of on-field players by firing various projectiles at them. It didn’t seem to be enough. Captain Shanks and Fon (Hitman Reborn) were on the frontlines of defence to meet those two. Konan used her paper techniques to try and take on Szayelaporro Granz (Bleach) from a distance, Hinata could help the defenders pinpoint where the saboteurs were with her Byakugan.
A real change for the game came when Ikki could see the value in his tight-end. Kuzan, former Admiral Aokiji had quite good abilities. Whenever the assassin Illumi Zoldyck (Hunter x Hunter) rushed him or Jose Porla attacked with his shades, Kuzan could freeze almost all around him and nothing could get too close. It would be Kuzan that scored the majority of the points for the South Tower.
The largest hindrance to Ikki for the entirety of the game was Natsu. He was beaten and battered by the lineman and Ikki himself who could take on his flame, but Natsu was too stubborn to give up and continued to come with physical and flame attacks, even managing to sack him a few times as well.
The 10 minutes ended with the score at 55-0.


Next up was the West Towers chance to attack. The quarterback was another sharingan and illusion user Uchiha Sasuke. Gaara was on the defensive team as middle linebacker and was always going to have trouble with the attackers he was matched up against. Even when he tried to use his wall of sand to stop an entire line by himself, the centre Nagato could use his heavenly push to clear the entire road for them. Using this method off the bat, they were able to score two fast touchdowns, till Nagato had chewed up almost all of his EP within that couple of minutes.
Sasuke had multiple options, using his running-back Ichigo was guaranteed yardage and occasional touchdown. Ichigo was indeed quick, Sasuke analysed his speed with his sharingan as much as possible.
The linesman battles now that Nagato was spent was also getting heated. Phinx and Makarov Dreyar (Fairy Tale) were against Neliel (Bleach) and Hisoka (Hunter x Hunter). As it was at that matter with Nagato not being as dominant, the defensive strength was too much, Gaara was losing EP fast but had more than his opposing player. Edward Newgate aka Whitebeard and Charlotte Linlin or Big Mom were the defensive tackles and much too powerful for Kozato Enma (Hitman Reborn) and Muguruma Kensei (Bleach).
A main feature of this match was between the saboteurs and defenders. It appeared that all the saboteurs were engaging each other just outside the field. However the saboteurs seemed to be an illusion cast by Daemon Spade (Hitman Reborn). The saboteurs were really going for the tacticians, however the room they thought had been unguarded wasn’t even there at all, the real defenders had been waiting under a cover of another illusion cast by Viper (Hitman Reborn). Now they all fought in a royal rumble like fashion. The ones showing their prowess being Shiryu, Baragaan and Captain Eustass Kid against Mei Terumi and Captain X Drake. When the saboteurs seemed to be getting the advantage, a tactician left their room to assist being Danzo. With the power of his Izanagi Sharingan, he was able to hold them off from going any further.
It became a matter of Sasuke and Ichigo putting things together. Rock Lee and Tsuna were struggling as receivers to get over Clive Gildartz (Fairy Tale) and Kaname Tosen (Bleach). Tsunade as the tight-end was able to force the outside linebackers Deidara and Grimmjow to double team her opening up a slight bit of room.
Despite the efforts of Sasuke and Ichigo, they were not good enough in beating the score set against them, 55-50.
Sign up to rate and review this story