Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Tower of God

Ch.16 Diamond Tower

by Shank 0 reviews

The First Game in the Diamond Tower; the North vs. East

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover - Characters: Gai,Itachi,Jiraiya,Naruto,Orochimaru,Sakura - Warnings: [!] [V] [?] - Published: 2013-04-17 - 1239 words

0Unrated
Diamond Tower Game 1-North vs. East Tower

This was always going to be a great game and the opening whistle was proof of that. The East Tower were the first to have their 10 minutes of attack. Itachi was the quarterback for his team and heavily rushed by the defence. Jugo and Zancrow (Fairy Tale) seemed to partner up nicely to take Itachi out, but had fallen into a genjutsu trap. With the efforts of Gon pushing out his opposing lineman Yoshitsune (Air Gear), created a hole for ultra fast running-back A the Fourth Raikage to get through. If it hadn’t been for the efforts of Ultear Milkovich (Fairy Tale) the female mage that controlled time and the saboteur Yammy (Bleach) from outside the field, he would have scored. If it wasn’t A holding the ball, it was Marco (One Piece) the pirate that can turn himself into a Phoenix. Even the efforts of Naruto at Safety for the defensive team could do nothing to stop him in the air.
The real significant part of this game came from the Eastern Towers Wide Receivers. Bartholomew Kuma and Uchiha Madara both having exceptional speed and abilities were too fast for cornerbacks Nico Robin and Orca (Air Gear). Madara could teleport himself as well as make his body intangible. Robin needed to use her ability to sprout hands on the football itself and bat it away.
Outside of the field the saboteurs and defenders went head to head with one another. Kyoya Hibari (Hitman Reborn) and Arthur (Air Gear) matched against Yammy, Mirajane (Fairy Tale) and Kimimaro. All to buy time for Kakuzu to have a lightning attack against Kuma and severely weaken him for the rest of the game.
The North Tower tacticians made a good swap, Maito Guy as an outside linebacker was having difficulty against the Tight-end Hirako Shinjy (Bleach) who could make people perceive things backwards. After being swapped with other linebacker Adelheid Suzuki (Hitman Reborn), Guy could focus on rushing the quarterback.
The saboteurs and defenders met each other again. Jiraiya faced off against Yammy, Kakuzu faced off against Ushoda Hachigen (Bleach). It appeared though that Kimimaro who was on the defence refused to sabotage Orochimaru at all. Sarugaki Hiyori from the defneders had no issues with attacking him, but wasn’t fast enough to take him out.
On the final play, the East Tower flooded all their players into the in zone. Naruto had filled up the area with his shadow clones and Adelheid had created Blizzardroids to do the same. Itachi used his sharingan to try and choose the right player. Instead he chose to run the ball, using the last of his EP to create his Susannoo. Ultear tried to take it away using her time ability and if it hadn’t been for Noyamano Ringo the Thorn Queen (Air Gear) she may have stopped him.
After 10 minutes, the East Tower finished on 73 points.


Next it was turn for the North Tower to have their 10 minutes of offence. As they entered the field, Sousuke Aizen began performing a ritual with his sword. Tacticians from both sides including his own screamed at their players to avert their gaze as they were aware this is how Aizen placed people under his ultimate hypnosis.
Ichimaru Gin was the quarterback for the North Tower and he would have a few players on the defence that would trouble him greatly. The Gem King Nike (Air Gear) who was a linebacker had an incredible ability to paralyse his opponents through vibrations in the ground and overwhelmed Meryem (Hunter x Hunter) who was a Chimera Ant being with incredible abilities. As well as Nike pressuring Gin, Bermuda Von Beckenstein (Hitman Reborn) was the other linebacker. He was of course the last Arcobaleno and had the ability to ‘short warp’ in other words teleport over short distances. Both Nike and Bermuda used up most of their EP very early on however in pressuring Gin but had halted too much progress for around a quarter of the time.
Gin’s incredibly fast throwing arm was able to make some yardage and only score a couple of touchdowns in the period. In the outfield, Monkey D Luffy and Smoker as safeties for the East Tower were also troubling. They both had a great reach, Luffy could extend and stretch his body and Smoker could use and transform himself into smoke to reach much further than normal people.
The defence dominated in the battle of the lineman. The offensive lineman were strong with Zaraki Kenpachi (Bleach) and Rob Lucci, but both couldn’t match the force of Fleet Admiral Akainu who had the elemental power of magma. Even though Sakura and Uvogin (Hunter x Hunter) were both abnormally strong, they were around equal and thus kept each other occupied. Kisame on the offence got the edge over Hades (Fairy Tale) with his Samehada absorbing most of the magic attacks, he also had to try and assist in handling Akainu.
The North Tower had some good receivers like the East Tower and if it wasn’t for them, they would have been in tremendous trouble. Admiral Kizaru the man of light was much too fast for Ulquiorra. The other receiver was Aizen who had Neji marking him. Neji wasn’t under Aizen’s hypnosis and although he could see the whole field with his Byakugan and deflect the balls trajectory with his tenketsu points, he was still not fast enough to keep up with Aizen’s speed. Both the receivers would score the majority of points for the offence.
Gin began to be pressured from outside the field by the saboteurs. Xanxus (Hitman Reborn) was a man who used specialty guns as his weapon and fired with pinpoint accuracy. He could successfully shoot the ball down if Gin went for a long pass, till one of the defenders Coyote Starrk (Bleach) and a fellow firearm user kept him occupied.
Without a doubt, the keys to the offence were the Centre position Trafalgar Law (One Piece) and the saboteur Magellan (One Piece). Law could create a room in which he controlled the physics within it. He could alter the course of the ball or open the way for a runner like Killua Zoldyck (Hunter x Hunter) as the running-back to get a couple cheeky touchdowns.
Magellan as opposed to the other saboteurs was able to knock the defense off in a different way. Xanxus and Starrk were fighting one another. Toshiro Hitsugaya (Bleach) on the defence and Matsumoto (Bleach) a saboteur did not want to engage in combat. Kuchiki Rukia (Bleach) a saboteur tried to take action but hindered by Water Queen Rider Om (Air Gear) and when Silva Zoldyck fired down his explosion energy and thought he hit the players, he was merely caught in an illusion created by Chrome the Mist Guardian of the Neo Vongola Family (Hitman Reborn). What Magellan did however was bring to the awareness of Monkey D Luffy that his brother Firefist Ace was one of the defenders and alive within this tower. Luffy climbed this tower to bring him back and the sight of his brother would distract him from the entire game.
The North Tower fought back hard, they got within a little over 2 touchdowns away from equalling the score but it wasn’t enough. After 10 minutes, the score was 56-73 in favour of the East Tower.
Sign up to rate and review this story