Categories > Anime/Manga > Fruits Basket > My Place Is With Them

Chapter Nine

by aerithbunny 0 reviews

Confronting Akito, and Haru helping them all. Ayame and Hatori, a summer melting the snow.

Category: Fruits Basket - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Hatsuharu,Tohru,Yuki - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2013-04-20 - 2167 words - Complete

0Unrated
My Place Is With Them

Disclaimer: I own nothing and make no profit from this fanfiction.

9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999

Chapter Nine: Strength

9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999

Hatori had barely slept, any dreams he had were nightmares of what had happened to Ayame, he was sweaty and clammy, he was making himself sick over this. Perhaps because it was just so wrong that Ayame would have done this. How could he have? Hatori shook his head, the snake had a secret alright, the one secret Hatori wanted him to never keep. It had been three days, and unfortunately Ayame hadn't awoken yet. Hatori sat there staring at him unconscious, the life that had once poured from every part of Ayame was gone.

Yuki came in and put a hand on Hatori's shoulder, he stiffened. "Akito isn't awake, is he?" asked Hatori.

Yuki shook his head and Hatori breathed a sigh of relief. "You should sleep Hatori. I can watch him for a while." said Yuki.

Hatori nodded slowly and stood up, he sighed moving to his bed to try and rest. Yuki sat down looking at Ayame with desperate eyes.

"You...were always watching." he said.

Yuki clenched his fists. "You were always so selfish when we were young, but when it came to Hatori you knew. You knew what it was to give for him. Just like Haru always knew what it was to give for me. But now...you finally protected me, even when all those years ago...you shunned me." he said looking at Ayame's unconscious form.

Yuki felt the tears fall and he knelt down on the floor next to the bed, his face was solemn, silent tears fell, he curled up into himself as he cried for his brother.

"Wake up...please." he said softly as his bangs covered his eyes and he cried silently.

He then felt a hand on his shoulder, his eyes shot up and he looked at Ayame looking at him with golden eyes.

"Don't cry..." he said weakly.

Yuki moved up and hugged Ayame, Ayame was surprised but he smiled a little and hugged Yuki back. "Where's Haari-san?" he asked.

Yuki shook his head. "He just laid down to rest." he said.

Yuki pulled away looking at Ayame with a serious expression. "You can't worry me like that again." he said.

Ayame sighed and shook his head sitting up fully. "I didn't have a choice." he said.

"Yeah you did.." said Yuki.

Ayame looked at Yuki and sighed. "I have learned you know...from my past mistakes." he said.

Yuki nodded. "I know, I realize it now, that we're ok." he said.

Ayame nodded and Yuki saw Hatori walk in, Hatori looked at Ayame and then at Yuki. Yuki felt tension in the air and decided to leave, he went back to Shigure who took him back to his house. Hatori looked at Ayame and set his jaw, the other was looking at him with golden eyes.

"What is it Haari?" he asked.

"I know...I know about your secret." he said looking away.

Ayame's jaw set and he looked away at the ground sorrowfully. "I'm sorry." he said.

"You're sorry?" asked Hatori looking at him in shock.

"Well what else do you want me to say?" asked Ayame.

Hatori pinched his forehead and sighed. "How about the truth?" he asked.

Ayame sighed. "It was always about you." he said.

Hatori nodded and sat down as Ayame began to speak. "When we were younger, you always helped me out so much, I'm not usually serious for very long, but if there was something I was serious about it was my feelings for you." he said.

Hatori looked at Ayame as he continued. "And this is another time I must force myself to speak seriously. When I knew what would happen with Akito and you, when I saw it coming. I stopped it. I had to protect you. I cared for you far too much. My feelings I knew would never be returned but I still acted upon them in another way, even if I could never be with you, I had to protect you." spoke Ayame.

Hatori shook a little. "Why?" he asked in a choked tone, he was so angered by this, why would...how could...his best friend...or one of them.

"Because no one has ever protected you." said Ayame.

Hatori looked at Ayame with shocked eyes.

"Not your father, not Shigure, not Kana, not anyone. You were always chosen to protect us. But this would have been too much, how could anyone else dare to harm you, how could Akito dare to harm you again? I failed to protect you and Kana, I failed to protect you once, I would not allow it again." said Ayame.

Hatori's hands shook, he reached out and grabbed Ayame before he put his head on his chest, Hatori could not hold it back. Again his heart had been melted by a fresh spring, no this...this was a summer, a blazing heat like no other that he could not avoid. Ayame held him in his arms as Hatori cried, Ayame closed his eyes then and spoke those words he'd dreaded to speak.

"No matter what I will always love you, no matter who else you marry eventually, or whatever you may endure. I will love you, even though I know it is a fruitless love. Even though I realize it cannot be returned. I know enough to let you go and be happy, and that is what I want for you, I want for you to be happy." said Ayame.

Hatori sat up then and looked at Ayame seriously in the eyes, tears did fall from his eyes, but his face was as serious as ever.

"Ayame." he said.

Ayame looked at him curiously. "What?" he asked.

Hatori looked away and sighed. "Maybe...I want to try and return your feelings." he said.

Ayame's eyes widened in shock and Hatori hid his face with his bangs.

"Hatori I'm...male...you know that, right?" he said.

Hatori put his hand over Ayame's and nodded. "I know...but I...I feel something...just let me try, give me some time." he said.

Ayame smiled and moved his hand over Hatori's squeezing it. "Of course, I'm glad honestly." he said. Hatori just pulled Ayame closely with one arm and closed his eyes. After a while they fell asleep on the bed together in each other's arms.

-a few hours later-

Hatori was awoken by a servant saying Akito was awake. Hatori sighed and went to Akito's side, he looked at Hatori.

"I summon Yuki, Tohru, Hatsuharu, Hiro Kisa, Shigure, Kyo, Kagura, Ayame, and you all to meet with me here in three hours." he said.

Hatori nodded and went to call Shigure. Soon they were all there, of course Hatori had gone to pick them all up, Ayame was dressed fully in a new outfit of his own as they all looked at each other.

"I can't believe they let me on the grounds..." said Kyo.

"Akito's summons over rule any existing rules." stated Hatori seriously.

Kyo sighed and nodded. "Still doesn't make this situation any less tense." he said.

"No you are right about that." said Hatori.

Soon they all went to the entrance, Hatori held Ayame's hand and looked at him.

"I'm sorry." he whispered.

"What for?" asked Ayame in a whisper.

"For not...realizing what you and I...I think..I mean..." said Hatori.

Ayame smiled a little and leaned in kissing Hatori sweetly on the lips, Hatori closed his eyes and kissed back.

"It's ok." said Ayame.

Hatori nodded and just squeezed Ayame's hand a little. Yuki looked to both Haru and Tohru.

"This is it." he said with a nervous sigh.

Haru nodded. "No matter what, we'll make it through." he said.

Tohru nodded looking at Yuki. "I'm not giving up." she said.

Yuki looked at Tohru and closed his eyes, a tear falling. "I'm sorry...that my family is so..." he said.

"Stop." she interrupted him. She smiled then. "I said it once already when Kyo transformed. I don't regret meeting you, or the Sohmas. I don't regret falling in love with you Yuki, or being with you." she said.

Yuki nodded and sighed. "Right now...I wish I could hold you." he said.

Tohru smiled a little and hugged Yuki, he of course hugged her back even as he transformed into a rat. Haru just smiled and shook his head. She held the rat in her hands and pet his head, happy that Yuki didn't mind transforming in front of her, of course he changed back soon enough and Haru hid him as he got dressed while Tohru looked away embarrassed. Yuki of course sighed after he had transformed back and held her hand in his. Kagura looked to Kyo and he leaned in kissing her cheek.

"Whatever happens, we go through this together." he said.

She nodded, Kisa of course hugged Hiro scared as he rubbed her back. They were called inside...each of them slowly going on, Shigure looked to Hatori and Ayame with worry but he nodded to them as they all knelt before Akito.

"You have all betrayed me, gone behind my back, done things I would never permit, for this you must pay." spoke Akito.

He looked to Hatori. "You have only now just betrayed me, for your sins I will punish you once more, you're as cold as ice Hatori, or perhaps you are meant to be, ice is better then the snake." he spat.

He then looked to Hiro and Kisa. "Did I not say you two could not be together? What makes you dare fight me on this?" he asked in a twisted way.

Kisa began to cry, and Akito looked to Kyo and Kagura. "The cat? How dare you stoop so low, the boar is above the cat. You pitied him, it developed into this? You DO realize for this I WILL lock him up and throw away the key!" spat Akito.

Kyo went tense and Akito looked to Yuki. "And you Yuki." he said.

He reached and grabbed his shoulder throwing him against a wall and looking at him with crazed eyes.

"How DARE you! You the rat! You are my pet! Mine! You belong to no other! Especially not two! You are not permitted to this! I own you! You are MINE! You hear me!?" he screamed. Akito growled then with a crazed grin. "I need to re-educate you." he said, the words were more venomous then anything he'd yet said.

Yuki's eyes were filled with terror, he wanted to fight this somehow, he had to, he couldn't let this happen. Akito raised a hand to strike him but he was stopped. There stood Haru with the gaze of black Haru.

"You just don't get it." spoke Black Haru.

Akito looked back at Black Haru. "Get off me! I order you to get off me!" he exclaimed.

"No." spoke Black Haru.

Akito was pinned against a wall with Black Haru looking at him. "You think you're god, you think you can rule over us all no matter what. But I won't let you do this." he said viciously.

Akito tried to fight back but Black Haru was there and there was no way, not when Black Haru punched him, Akito then scratched him across the face drawing blood before Black Haru kicked him and Akito took him down with him slamming him into the ground, soon the fight had broken out, but no one else dared move, they couldn't. It was the shock and awe of it all, Yuki watched it and couldn't take it anymore, he ran and pulled Akito off of Haru before he punched him finally. Yuki looked down at Akito then.

"We're not your puppets to control, not anymore." he said.

Akito looked up at Yuki in shock and then looked to Haru. "No he's YOUR puppet, just as the cow has always been." he said before he coughed up some blood.

Hatori helped get Akito to a room while Yuki ran and knelt down next to Haru, he was badly damaged from the fight, his lip bleeding and scuffed up marks all over him.

"I did it..." said Haru.

Yuki shook his head. "Haru.." he said.

Haru closed his eyes and let out a sigh before he passed out. Hatori quickly moved and Haru was rushed to the hospital. Yuki did cry, he couldn't help it, Hatori of course rushed Akito to the hospital as well, they were put in opposing rooms from each other though, making sure they were kept separate. Hatori of course had Ayame with him and looked to Ayame.

"I think Haru...just saved us all." he said.

Ayame nodded, Kisa and Hiro remained at Haru's side. Yuki and Tohru standing next to Kyo and Kagura looking at Haru with pained eyes, Yuki let the tears fall silently.

9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999

Author: Reviews? Please?
Sign up to rate and review this story