Categories > Anime/Manga > Fruits Basket > My Place Is With Them

Chapter Eight

by aerithbunny 0 reviews

Ayame's secret, Yuki and the fangirls, and Akito

Category: Fruits Basket - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Romance - Characters: Hatsuharu,Tohru,Yuki - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2013-04-13 - 2415 words - Complete

0Unrated
My Place Is With Them

Disclaimer: I own nothing and make no profit from this fanfiction.

8888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888

Chapter Eight: Akito

8888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888

Yuki was on cloud nine, he had Tohru and Haru, everything was perfect he had to admit. Kyou and Kagura had continued to be strong together as a couple, of course Yuki held hands with both Tohru and Haru in school. He spent time with them both equally. He and Tohru were moving slowly of course, but he still kissed her in school in the hallways, this of course made the fangirls extremely angry.

It was one day after school that they tried to get to Tohru, one of them pulled her hair and another moved in to kick her, but Yuki showed up and he glared at them with a glare that most had not seen.

"Let go of my girlfriend." he said.

Hana and Uo ran up then and grabbed Tohru pulling her back from the girls while Yuki walked up to them.

"You don't understand at all, none of you." Yuki said.

Haru walked over to Tohru looking at her with concern.

"Are you ok?" asked Haru.

Tohru nodded and looked to Yuki.

"I will never love any of you, and you tormenting her won't change that. You're all piteous jealous fools." he said letting out his darker side.

He looked back to Tohru and then back to them. "The reason I chose her is not for her looks though she is very cute. She is my girlfriend because she understands me, she loves me unconditionally. She is a kind and warm soul, and all of you. You don't know what love is, only what attraction is." he said with a cold tone.

Tohru looked to the girls, they were crying but they ran off. Yuki turned and looked to Tohru with a warm smile. "Are you alright princess?" he asked her.

She blushed a little and smiled. "Thank you Yuki." she said.

Tohru of course thought about his words, they made absolute sense, Yuki was speaking them as himself now, he didn't feel he had to hide who he was anymore, he was strong enough to come out and say how he felt. She was glad of course, he loved her, he had proven it not just with words but with inner strength that was coming out more now. Haru of course was concerned for how Yuki was feeling when they got back to Shigure's.

"Are you ok?" asked Haru.

"Do you think...I mean I was harsh, I wasn't too harsh was I?" he asked.

Haru laughed a little. "Even now you're concerned about what the world thinks of you." he said.

Yuki sighed and turned looking at Haru. "Yuki, just be yourself, always, ok? The world is an ugly place, those girls deserved what you told them. You finally showing your true colors of what you think about them instead of hiding how you really feel, it's a good thing." he said comforting Yuki.

Yuki nodded slowly. "If this spreads though then Akito will find out, I mean we haven't hid things at all." said Yuki.

"Yeah and I know you wanted to at first, but we can't spend our whole lives being scared of him." said Haru.

Yuki nodded, Tohru came in then with some snacks and sat with them. Haru smiled at her, she smiled at hi, they knew things would be ok, they had to help Yuki and he had to help them.

-Meanwhile with Hatori-

Hiro had been called into his office because he and Kisa were together now, a cute couple together, they were still young but had kissed on the way home. Unfortunately Akito had seen them kiss and had hurt Hiro pretty badly. Hiro in fact had a bruised lip and black eye as Kisa cried over him. Ayame had came in with them since he'd pulled Hiro away from Akito. Ayame looked to Hatori. "Is he going to be alright?" he asked.

Hatori sighed and bandaged him. "Yes he will, but there is no way that they should be able to stay together, this will surely happen again." he said.

Kisa shook her head. "N-No." she said shakily. Hatori looked to Kisa, sure she had aged a little since he last saw her, she and Hiro were going strong for a while now, about three months.

"But what if he comes for you?" asked Hatori.

Kisa's lips pursed and Hatori looked to Ayame. "This is bad." he said.

Ayame sighed. "Have you heard from Shigure what's happened at his home?" he asked.

"I have...if Akito hears of Yuki having two people, and Kyo happy with Kagura. Who knows what his reaction would be." spoke Hatori seriously.

"Imagine his reaction to Tohru and Yuki together." said Ayame looking grim as he sat next to Hatori.

"His obsession has always been Yuki." spoke Hatori.

"Exactly and if his obsession wasn't acting within what he wanted." spoke Ayame worriedly.

Hatori looked over at Ayame, he seemed stressed and Hatori couldn't help but put a hand on his shoulder.

"It'll be alright." he said.

Ayame looked at Hatori. "What makes you say this?" he asked.

"Because as long as Akito remains bitter towards the world and wallows in his self loathing and pity, he will only die sooner." said Hatori.

Ayame sighed. "You must be the expert no? Since of your father." he said.

Hatori nodded and looked as Kisa sat down next to Hiro. "It's like with Kana and me...I'm sure he'll give the orders soon to break them up." said Hatori.

"What will you do?" asked Ayame.

"I don't have a choice." said Hatori.

Ayame stood up looking at Hatori with passionate eyes. "Yes you do!" he exclaimed.

Hatori looked at Ayame. "What makes you say this?" he asked.

Ayame shook his head. "We can't all be under his control all the time. Don't you see? This is your chance Hari! A chance to be a different man then the one you were with Kana." he explained.

Hatori sighed. "I don't know..." he said.

Ayame frowned and folded his arms. "I don't want to see my little brother get hurt, if you won't protect him then I will this time." he said.

Hatori looked up at Ayame. "What makes you think..." he asked.

"I don't have to know, I just have to act, I won't see Yuki be hurt, not after I had to watch you be in pain for so long." he explained.

Hatori sighed. "You haven't always thought before you've done things, you're always rash and charge right in." he said.

Ayame smiled a little. "Perhaps." he said.

"Well I hope you don't get hurt in the process this time." said Hatori.

Ayame nodded and left the room. Hatori called Shigure's house to tell him he needed Hiro and Kisa to stay there for a few days. Over the next few days they were moved into Shigure's. Hiro held Kisa's hand and they seemed like they would make it. Yuki grew more worried but Haru just hugged him, they would make it, but it wasn't long before Akito did find out what was going on with everyone. He was furious and he had called them to see him. While they were in the car Hatori received an alarming call and he stopped the car.

"He did what?..." asked Hatori.

The others looked around as the air went dead. "Right, I'll be in my office in a moment with them with me." he said before he shut his phone. He drove them to the main house and they walked into his office, Ayame lay there bloodied and bruised, out like a light, he was unconscious.

"What happened?" asked Yuki's shocked tone.

"He went to talk with Akito, Akito's unconscious as well, he went to protect you Yuki." said Hatori.

Yuki sighed and knelt down next to the bed looking at Ayame. "He shouldn't have." said Yuki.

Hatori sighed noticing he had in fact been hurt badly enough he was bleeding through his clothes.

"Yuki I'm sorry but I have to ask you to leave, he needs to be stripped so I can get to all of his wounds." spoke Hatori.

Yuki nodded and left with them, Haru held him close of course, Tohru rubbed his back while Haru held him. Kyou was there with Kagura and he reached over grabbing her hand in his squeezing it a little.

"Do you think we'll make it?" he asked her.

Kagura sighed. "I'm not giving up." she said squeezing his hand more.

Kyo looked to Kagura. "I'm sorry." he said.

She looked at him. "What for?" she asked.

"For not realizing it sooner...for not giving you an actual chance sooner." he said looking at the ground.

Kagura smiled a little. "I'm sorry it took me so long to mature in my feelings for you." she said.

Kyo leaned in and kissed her then, the kiss was sweet and had a little tongue, he broke the kiss looking into her eyes. "Even with how little time we've had, I'm glad I had it with you." he said.

She smiled and leaned against him, the both of them seemed so happy together. Tohru looked to Yuki with concern, he looked to her and placed a hand into her locks of hair, she was wearing the yellow ribbon he'd gotten her a while back in her hair.

"You're wearing it." he said with a small smile.

She smiled and blushed a little. "Yes, it's small but I really like it." she said with a small smile.

Yuki leaned in and kissed her then, he couldn't help it, his hands on her face as he kissed her deeply, after the kiss broke he sighed.

"I hope we can make it through this." he said to her.

She smiled and closed her eyes. "We've made it through worse." she said.

Yuki nodded, everything had led up to this. The hat when they were young and he had helped her home, the meeting that fateful date with her in the tent, the way she slowly helped Yuki come to terms with himself and his pain, Haru's help in his life, Haru's help in being with him and helping him with Tohru. No matter what he had no regrets, even if they were ripped apart, they had done everything they could. Haru looked down at Yuki and smiled a little.

"We'll make it through, I promise you." he said.

Yuki looked up at Haru and sighed. "Are you certain?" he asked.

Haru nodded, Haru knew if in the end Akito fought them, he would protect Yuki and Tohru, even if he wound up being tossed away somehow. Haru kissed Yuki sweetly and Yuki returned the kiss, Haru knew then what might happen didn't matter, all that mattered was that they had each other. Still Yuki did seem worried about Ayame and Haru just rubbed his back a little, he hoped that Ayame would be alright.

-Meanwhile with Hatori-

Hatori had peeled the clothes but what he found startled him, Ayame was covered..not just in wounds but in scars. His delicate skin still so gorgeous had scars in places that could only make Hatori cringe. They were well hidden he had to admit, they'd been treated with oils, but Hatori could still see them. That was when Shigure walked in.

"I see you found out." he said.

Hatori looked back to Shigure. "Found out what? What's been going on?" he asked.

Shigure walked over and sat down next to Hatori. "You may want a cigarette for this." he said.

Hatori sighed and lit up a cigarette, Shigure also lit one up and looked to Hatori.

"Ayame has kept one secret in his lifetime." he said.

Hatori looked at Shigure disbelievingly. "What secret?" he asked.

"He's been protecting you for years." said Shigure.

Hatori looked at Shigure shocked. "What do you mean?" he asked.

"Ayame has said many times he's never had much to do with Akito, but it's not true. When you were younger, Akito would make you do a lot, but Ayame could see it a mile away that Akito wanted more from you then even that. Ayame pleaded with Akito to not do the things to you that he had done to Yuki when he was younger. Because after Yuki escaped Akito did not have an outlet. Ayame allowed himself to become that outlet so he would not turn on you." said Shigure.

Hatori's bangs were covering his eyes as Shigure took another drag off his cigarette.

"Not only that..." spoke Shigure.

Hatori looked at Shigure. "Ayame when the Kana event happened, covered up a lot for you both, you were almost caught before you confessed to Akito you wished to marry her. Ayame was eventually found out by Akito after you confessed to Akito what you wanted and Akito brutally beat Ayame. Each time he did this, you were not informed, Ayame made sure no one told you. He said you needed to be protected." said Shigure.

Hatori moved a hand to his forehead and pinched it. "Why?" he asked.

"Because Ayame is in love with you." said Shigure.

Hatori looked over at Shigure who looked dead serious.

"Then why would he protect Kana and I?" asked Hatori.

"Because he loves you unconditionally, no matter who you are with." spoke Shigure.

Hatori shook a little, his hands shook as he looked at Ayame's body naked, the scars, the battered face he had.

"And this time?" he asked.

"He was protecting Yuki this time, and it got out of hand enough to where you found out." spoke Shigure.

Hatori nodded and began to bandage Ayame's body with shaking hands, how could he have been so...no how could Ayame?

"Snakes have their secrets too you know, he's a snake, surely you couldn't expect him to fully reveal everything." spoke Shigure.

"Yes maybe not....but this?" asked Hatori's shocked tone.

"Hatori I want you to think on this, when he awakens...what will you say?" asked Shigure.

Hatori looked down at the ground and Shigure left the room, what would he say?...Hiro and Kisa were at Shigure's, and Shigure took the rest of them home back to his house for the moment. The air was heavy but he knew they couldn't stay at the main house, that night passed by...the next day would bring answers...

8888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888

Author: Reviews?
Sign up to rate and review this story