Categories > Original > Horror > Dead Silence

Who Will Be Your Savior Now?

by Sam41 2 reviews

It's a lonley road to absolution, we must walk alone

Category: Horror - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2013-04-20 - 895 words

0Unrated
Album: Dead Silence
Artist: Billy Talent
Track: Lonely Road to Absolution

Evil Has Been Blessed With Praise, Heroes End Up In their Graves

The sun has born a brand new day
Conscience has been cast away
Evil has been blessed with praise
Heroes end up in their graves

The sun burned high above the earth, bringing a new day filled with terror, death, gore, and pain. Eyes blinking open slowly as the light hit their faces, the group pushed their bodies off the ground where they lay sleeping.
In this world, you wake at sunrise and sleep in complete cover; you can't allow yourself to be caught at any moment, especially not when you're most vulnerable. That's just begging to die.

"Come on, we have to keep going." The tallest boy mumbled, pushing himself from the wall he was leaning against, wide awake as he took the last watch.

"No, it's not fucking worth it! We're going to die anyway, why the fuck not let it come sooner?! We are just walking into our own death, this is pretty much extended suicide. Do you really think they're going to protect us?! THAT THE FUCKING KILLJOYS ARE GOING TO JUMP OUT AND YELL "SURPRISE WE'RE HERE TO SAVE YOU'RE FUCKING LIVES?!" The shortest girl screamed, tears streaking down her face.

"We're going to fucking die anyway, just fucking admit it. Why be a fucking hero? It's not worth it, you seen what they do to fucking heroes! You saw first hand what fucking happens, cause it was your fucking boyfriend who tried to help us. He fucking died because he thought being a hero was going to help someone. Heroes only fucking die in this world. You have to be a cold blooded, heartless fucking murderer to survive. You have to be one of them." She continued, tears of frustration and pain now soaking her face.

"Shut the fuck up! You know damn well that's not why he died. You fucking know, don't even start that shit with me! It's worth a fucking try. Either that or sit here begging for them to get us. Begging for them to slice our throats, shoot us, torture us until we fucking die." The boy growled, face inches from his friend's

"Torture us? What the fuck do you think we've been doing to ourselves?! We have been going days without clean water, proper food, we're killing ourselves day by fucking day! At least if they catch us, we know it'll all be over in a couple days at max." She growled, eyes narrowing. Hands balling up into fists.

"Okay fuck! Both of you quit!" The third and final person in the group snapped, stepping inbetween the two.

"Chill the fuck out! Jack, you know straight off we can't keep doing this, we can't live under the assumption once we get somewhere with actual fucking people who aren't out of their fucking minds that they'll help us. It could be days, or weeks or fucking years before that happens. You're plan is killing us day by fucking day." She snapped, spinning to look at the girl.

"Ash, calm down. I get you're fucking pissed but screaming is only going to have them find us faster; it's going to shove us into early graves. Lose all chance of surviving. So both of you calm the fuck down. Let's go..." The girl snapped, walking out of the makeshift camp they started.

So who will be our saviour now they've shot your angels to the ground?

The three walked, legs sore, heat overwhelming them as they strode through the condense air.

"Are we in the states or Canada?" The boy asked, groaning as they walked.

"Obviously America, do you think it's ever this fucking hot in Canada?" The Canadian snapped, looking over at the boy with a smartass look on her face.

"Ah, but...HOLY SHIT PEOPLE!" The guy screamed, referring to the group of 4 or 5 people walking towards them.

"Shut up." The shortest member of their small group snapped, watching the people. "They don't seem to be hunters or part of the army. They look like survivors." She whispered, watching as they walked closer.

"You never know though, they could be traitors." The other girl shrugged, nervously watching as the group approached them once more.

"Who the fuck are you?!" The boy yelled, receiving "You fucking dumbass" looks from his friends.

"Survivors, you?" One of the girls asked, stopping about 5 feet in front of the three.

"Same....you're not the cannibal type are you?" The taller girl mumbled, watching as the girl laughed slightly.

"No, I won't eat you....I'm assuming your not either then?" The smaller group nodded, forming a truce with the larger group.

It's a lonely road to absolution
We must walk alone
It's a lonely road to absolution
We must walk alone

No matter how large their group would get, how many allies would join them in this fight. Everyone knew they would be forced to walk down this road to absolute destruction, to the end. This road would be one that they would walk alone.
It was a known fact to every survivor, soldier, army general and even the government knew it.

Except, nobody would admit it.

We can't take back the days we've borrowed
No more time to kill tomorrow
No more time to kill tomorrow

Sign up to rate and review this story