Categories > TV > Power Rangers > New Home in Blue Bay Harbor

ch 8 enter the lighting ranger

by redranger 0 reviews

Category: Power Rangers - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2013-04-24 - 2645 words

0Unrated
Sophia’s POV

Hunter and I enter Ninja ops. “Glad you two could join us” Cam says as he turns his head away from the monitor. I look at it and see Lothor’s newest creature. “It looks menacing but not that tough so you can handle this one without me.” I say. “Sophia you’re not scared are you?” Shane asks. “No I just don’t believe that I’m ready to go onto the field yet that’s all.” I answer. Hunter places his hand on my shoulder and I look up at him. The look in his eyes tells me that I’m ready to use my powers to help save the planet. “Sophia you are ready and remember your sensei has complete faith in you that you’ll do what needs to be done and do it well.” the genie pig sensei reminds me.

I thank him for those encouraging words and we left to the mobile HQ where the tsunamis cycles were being held. “Man these are so cool so when do I get one?” I ask. “Actually I have been working on one for you it’s not finished yet” Can informs. “Sweet thanks Cam” I say. “Are we going to morph and battle this monster or what.” Dustin blurts. “Yes Dustin.” Shane says with no hesitation.

“Ninja storm ranger from.” Shane, Tori, and Dustin shout.“Thunder storm ranger form.” Hunter and Blake shout. “Samurai storm ranger from.” Cam shouts. “Well here goes nothing.” I think to myself. “Lighting storm ranger form.” I shout. We all stand morphed and my suit looks similar to Hunter and Blake’s (expect for the skirt and the emblem on my chest that looked like a cheetah paw print). Shane, Tori, Dustin, Hunter, and Blake climb onto their bikes. Cam rides double with Tori. "Sophia you coming?” Hunter asks as he extends his hand outs. “Yeah” I reply as I take his hand. I climb on the back of Hunter’s bike I place my hands around his waist. As he put his hand back on the handle bar and reeves the engine. A few seconds later the back of trucks opens up and we ride out to battle the monster.

Hunter’s POV

We arrive down town and I see the ugliest monster ever. It was a cross between a porcupine and a rattle snake. We get off the bikes and stand ready to battle it. “Hello rangers” it hissed. “You’re going down creep” Sophia yells confidently. “Dream on newbie.” it taunts. When Sophia herd that I could tell it made her blood boil and she charged in towards the monster like a crazed bull.

“Sophia relax this is exactly how it want you to act.” I shout. “Be quiet thunder ranger the kelzacks will keep you occupied.” it says as it called for them. I defeat the kelzacks as quick as possible so I can help Sophia battle the monster. From where I was battling them I could see that she is holding her own against the walking science experiment.

After I defeate them I rush over to help her but Zurgane jumps in front of me. “Get out of way Zurgane” I say. “I don’t think so” he said. I had no choice but to fight him. The battle goes on of a few grueling minutes. During our battle I see the monster fire its quills towards Sophia. “Sophia heads up.” I warn.

She did a back flip and cartwheels to doge them but it wasn’t enough they are coming in to fast for even her to doge. Sophia takes out her lighting blaster it is similar to mine expect it's silver and black. She blasts some of the quills but one comes from behind and hit her in the back. She falls to the ground in pain. “Sophia." I yell. “Don’t worry Hunter I’m fine.” she yells as she got back on her feet.

Zurgane punches me hard in the gut knocking the wind out of me. I fall to my knees and look up at him. “Ranger one more thing those quills have a poison in the tip and there is on antidote” he laughs evilly as he heads back to Lothor’s ship. “He lying I know it.” I think to myself. I get to my feet and run over to Sophia. She is fighting the monster with everything she had.

“Ok creep it’s time you got a taste of my lighting blaster.” she says as she fires her blaster. The blast was so powerful that it flew back about two feet. As got back on its feet. It fires another round of quills but the team comes in to protect us. They destroy all the quills. “You got lucky lighting ranger.” it says as it ran back to Lothor.

We go back to ninja form and Sophia turns around to face everyone.“Sorry guys I let my emotions get the best of me.” she says. “Don’t worry about it you were amazing.” I tell her. She thanks me and I hate to admit that Zurgane is right. As I look in Sophia eyes they didn’t have that same sparkle like they usually do. “Sophia you sure that you’re all right?” I ask. “Yes Hunter I’m fine. We should head back to ninja ops.” she says.

Blake’s POV

As we ninja ops I can tell that Sophia is felling some kind of effect from being hit with that quill. Sophia sat on the table as Cam took the quill out of her back. Cam went to work analyzing the quill and as she stood back up I noticed that her face is red. “Sophia do you feeling ok?” I ask “Yes Blake I’m fine really.” she answers.A few seconds later she faints but Hunter catches her in his arms before she hit the floor. “Sophia.” Hunter shouts

She slowly opens her eyes and looks up at my brother. “I’m fine Hunter I just lost for a second that’s all.” she says weakly. Hunter tells her to try not to talk to so she could save some of her strength. He slowly sat down on the floor. He sets her head is in his chest. “What’s wrong with her bro?” I ask. “Those quills have a poison in the tip." He answers. “Is there an antidote?” I inquire.

He shook his head no and he looks down at Sophia scared that this might have been her first and last battle as the silver ranger. “Don’t worry bro I’m sure Cam could make an antidote for her.” I say hoping that would cheer him up. “Thanks for that bro not that I doubt Cam intelligence. What if he can't make an antidote in time.” he says. "Cam can make an antidote no dobt." I tell me. "I hope you're right bro." he says. I asked him if he wanted to come to the track for a while but he declined. He tells me that he wanted to stay here and look after Sophia while Cam is working on creating an antidote.

Hunter’s POV

I'm really worried about Sophia this is her first battle and she ends up getting poisoned. I try to go get some cool water and rags to help bring her fever down. Every time I move an inch she wakes up and gives a look that said “please don’t leave me” so I just stay put. Lucky for me that Tori decides to stay behind as well. I asked her to bring back some cool water and she leaves. She comes back with a shallow bowl filled to the top with water and a few rags. She dips a rag into the water rung it out and places it on her forehead.

“I guess Sophia likes her thunder blanket.” Tori jokes. “Very funny Tori.” I snap. I knew that keeping Sophia as warm as possible is the best way to help her right now. I didn’t mind it either because I knew the real reason she didn’t want me to leave her side. She feels safe in my arms. Tori smiles and walks over to Cam.

Cam’s POV

I'm hard at work makeing the antidote for Sophia that I didn’t see Tori walk up.“How is it coming?” she asks. “Slowly how is Sophia holding up?”” I reply. “She is staying strong. Her fever is only thing that worries me.” She informs. “I guess she doesn’t want Hunter to leave her side either?” I ask slyly. “Right again Cam.” she says.

Tori walks back over to Hunter and Sophia so I could work. Tori heads home to get some rest and she tells me not to work too much longer because I need to rest as well. After three hours I finally have an antidote with 100 percent chance of success. I at the clock on the computer it read 11:00 pm and I look over my shoulder to see Hunter fast asleep with is head resting on top of Sophia’s. I slowly walk over to them and tap Hunter on the shoulder.

“Hey Hunter.” I whisper. “What’s up Cam can’t you see that I was sleeping.” he says in a cranky tone. “Sorry but I thought you would like to know that I have the antidote that can cure Sophia.” I whisper. Hunter’s eyes widen and a huge smile comes to his face. He gently shakes Sophia to wake her up and her eyes flutter then open slowly.

“I don’t want to go to school today five more minutes.” she mumbles. “Very funny Sophie you can go back to sleep in a minute. Cam has something for you.” He ttells her. “I made an antidote for the poison.” I say. I hand her the test tube and she drinks the antidote. A few seconds later she falls back to sleep unlike before she was sleeping peacefully. I place my hand on her forehead her fever is breaking. I place a new damp rag on her forehead and went off to bed myself. After I get to my chair in front of the computer and get in a comfortable sleeping position I clap my hand to turn off the lights then drift off to sleep.



Sophia’s POV

I wake up felling much better than I did last night. I try to move but I guess the poison took more energy out of me than I thought because my muscles argued the whole time. I nudge Hunter to wake him up. I turn my head around I see Hunter eye open slowly. “Hey big guy.” I say. “Hey darlin how are you feelin this morning?” he asks. “Much better and thanks for stay by my side thought all of this.” I reply. “You’re welcome” he says with a sweet smile.

Hunter and I slowly get off the floor. Hunter stretches his sore muscles. I did’t even try to do the same because I knew my muscles didn’t want any kind of movement what so ever. I try to walk over to Cam chair so I could thank him for his hard work last night make the antidote. I take a few steps before my body start to shake like a leaf. I begin to fall towards the floor. Hunter runs over to me and catches me in his arms.

“Take it easy you’re going to be a little weak for a few more hours.” he informs. Cam wakes from his deep sleep and turns the chair around. “Good morning Sophia.” Cam says wiping the sleep from his eyes. “Good morning to you too smart one. Thanks for working so hard to make the antidote last night I really appreciate it.” I say. “No problem just doing my job.” Cam says modestly.

Then the alarm went off and I notice that the monster was back again. “It is back so soon man Lothor isn’t wasting any time is he.” I state. Cam gets out of the chair so I could sit down because he noticed that I'm still physical drained from battling the poison. “Cam I’ll go and see if I can hold it off you call the others.” Hunter says as he morphes. Cam calls the others to tell them the monster is back. After he finishes that he morphs to go help Hunter.

“I’m coming too.” I say as I try to get out of the chair. “Sorry Sophia you’re in no condition to fight just stay put.” Cam says as he sits me back down. “OK I’ll stay just be careful.” I tell him. “Don’t worry we always are” Cam says as he turn around to leave ninja ops.

Hunter’s POV

I arrive down town and have a feeling that Sophia wasn’t going to stay at ninja ops too long because she knew that her friends needed her help. “Hello rangers I’m back and stronger than ever.” it says. “Big deal creep you’re still going down.” I say. I fight the monster and its telling the truth I could barely keep up with its speed. I used my thunder staff but it hs no effect. The monster kicked me in the gut I went flying and land hard on the ground. Blake ran over to me and helps me back to my feet. The six of us battle the monster but it was no use it was just too powerful now. Then I see a bolt of lightning hit the monster and it winced in pain.

“Hey freak who ever tries to hurt my friends has to answer to me.” Sophia says making a heroic entrance. “The lighting ranger I thought I silenced you for good.” It says in shock. “You thought wrong.” she says. We run over to her with our visor open. “Sophia you shouldn’t be her it’s too dangerous.” Cam says. “I know Cam but you’re my friends I knew you needed my help.” she protests. Cam knew she was following her heart and just told her to be careful. She nods and we close our visors then went back to battling the monster.

We battle for a while and combine our weapons to form the thunderstorm cannon instead of use my thunder blaster we use Sophia’s weapon and the blast was twice as powerful when we use my weapon. The monster explodes and a few seconds later the scroll of empowerment descends. Then the monster grows to the size of the old Tiger stadium and we call our zords. We form our megazords to fight it but we are losing badly.

“Hold on guys help is on the way.” Sophia says. Sophia calls for her zord and we see a cheetah appear. Sophia jumps in her zord. “Aw you think that little kitty it going to help you rangers now.” the monster says not impressed by the newest zord. “Well creep this kitty has claws and there well ‘lighting fast’ lighting slash attack.” she shouts. The zord dashes in so fast we could barely see it but we saw the after math the monster had several slash marks on its body. “Well you guys can take it from here.” she says. “You heard the lady let's finish this.” I say. We form the hurricane megazord to finish off the dreadful creature. After we won all six of us exit the megazord cockpit and Sophia exit her zord. Then the seven of us head back to ninja ops to celebrate Sophia first victory of many others battles soon to come as the silver lighting ranger.



























Sign up to rate and review this story