Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Stones Of Words.

Hospital For Souls

by BitterLoveBlackHeart 2 reviews

xo

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2013-04-24 - 3686 words

1Exciting
Frank’s POV

I don’t know how long I’d been out but, it couldn’t have been too long, I propped myself up against the wall and took some deep breaths again, my head was spinning and my mouth was dry with the texture of sandpaper I wouldn’t be able to run like that again, not that far, but looking around I feel like I’ve been on this street recently but I was distracted by the sound of shutters, I stood up and looked down the street to the building next to me and saw the green Starbucks sign flickering gentle in the night, I smiled when I realised I wasn’t far from Gerard’s house and it gave me a little more motivation, I pushed myself up from the floor and began walking, but I hid by the wall when I heard someone walking toward me, I glanced over and saw a woman putting some trash in the trash can, then and ambulance came blazing down the road and stopped right in front of me, I stared as two men jumped out in white suits, shit I knew this would happen, they are going to send me to a mad house, but I can’t go there I’m not mad, I’m not ill. The men grabbed me by my arms and tried to drag me toward the ambulance, I resisted them for as long as I could, but I could feel myself getting tired again, I still haven’t fully recovered from the run and my vision started to go blurry then I felt a sharp stabbing sensation in my neck and again everything went black, but just before I passed out I heard a familiar female voice shouting my name, but I couldn’t decipher who it was so as the men carried me into the ambulance, I fell back to sleep, feeling weak and hopeless.

Lindsey’s POV

“Hey sweetheart how about you give me your number and a black coffee” I sighed and rolled my eyes, this was typical, whenever I was put on the late shift, all the drunkards came here to try and drink away their drunkenness so they could go home partially sober, but then I’m pretty sure some of the pissheads just came in here to hit on me, but I rolled my eyes and gave the same reply I did to everyone else “Never gonna happen buddy” I placed down the take out cup and smiled “that’s one black coffee to-go, thank you.” I said emphasising the ‘to-go’ to see if he’d take the hint, thankfully he did and as he turned around and left opening the door for someone else to walk in I smiled to the familiar face “Hey, Bert what’s up?” he shrugged “Not much in my life really, you hear about what went down at the airport a few hours ago?” I shook my head “No what happened?” I asked, Bert shrugged again “I’m not entirely sure, Jeph’s working nights on one of the bars there to get in some extra cash, he said security were chasing this kid through the airport, but when they stopped him, he begged them, Jeph said the kid sounded terrified, like genuinely shitting it, the guards let the kid past and run out of the building, apparently police are there questioning people about it…” he finished “Oh…” I trailed off in thought “what?” he asked, I sighed “Um, nothing it’s just Gerard told me Frank was at the airport, he text me saying he’d left earlier today, getting the red eye back to California…” Bert sighed also and smiled “so how much will it pain a guy to get a coffee around here?” he said jokingly I smiled and pulled over the jug of fresh black coffee and placed it in front of him, “help yourself, when that’s empty I can leave. I hate night shifts” I pointed out, Bert poured himself a drink “Oh I don’t know, I like it when you have the night shift, it’s about the only time we get to talk anymore, you’re too busy with art and I’m too busy with the guys, we barely see each other.” I nodded in agreement “yeah I guess you’re right, it’s probably the only benefit though, I always leave here smelling like alcohol, my mom used to think I was an alcoholic bless her, I’m glad I moved out” I stated taking away the empty coffee jug and putting it away, I then lifted the counter and took off my little apron, I grabbed the trash from the bin, and my coat from the back room and walked back out to where Bert was sitting “Come on man I gotta lock up…” I stated, he sighed “I was just getting comfortable Jesus” he said sarcastically I laughed and followed him out of the door, I locked the door behind me and pulled down the shutters “Hey Lindsey, you need a ride?” Bert asked, I nodded “If it’s not a bother, thanks, let me just put this in the trash.” I said waving my arm that was carrying the trash bag, Bert nodded and I walked round to the side of the building, I opened the garbage disposal and threw in the bag, I shut it again and was about to walk off when an ambulance came racing past me and stopped recklessly in front of the building next door, two men jumped out and grabbed someone, the paramedics began fighting with the other guy to restrain him, but he quickly grew tired and one of the paramedics rammed a syringe into his neck and injected what I assumed to be some kind of tranquiliser, sudden Bert appeared next to me and began watching the scene with me, the men dragged the unconscious man toward the ambulance and when they walked through the path of the street lamp, I saw the man the paramedics had been fighting with was Frank, I gasped and Bert looked at me, “Frank!” I shouted as I began to run toward the ambulance, the paramedics glared at me and hurried their movements, Bert ran after me and grabbed me by the arms “Lindsey leave it, there’s nothing you can do.” He said, I sighed heavily and watched as the men slammed the doors of the ambulance shut and drove away hectically.

I turned around and pushed Bert “you should have let me stop them!” Bert glared at me “Why? Clearly if paramedics have to come and grab him off the street he’s in no fit state to be on them!” he stated loudly, I let out and annoyed sigh and rolled my eyes “You’re just jealous! Because Frank has Gerard and you don’t, you think getting rid of Frank will help you but it won’t!” I shouted, Bert stepped back in awe and stared at me “I’ll walk home.” I muttered before pushing past him and walking down the street towards my house.

I need to call Gerard…

Gerard’s POV

Sitting at home was boring, there was nothing to do and no one to talk to, I mean I could talk to Mikey, but I just won’t be able to be so open and honest about things with him, with Frank I felt that I had to be, I had to be completely honest and I clear because I thought I’d lose him, turns out I’ve lost him anyway so here I am, still sitting at my crappy little desk writing crappy little songs about my crappy little life and for what? I have nothing left now, nothing at all, what am I supposed to do, Frank made me a better person, because I had to adjust to his needs, but now he’s gone I’ll probably just sink back into my old habits and depressions and I don’t want that, I don’t want to be that person but I worry that no matter how much I try and stop it from happening it will eventually come back to me…

I was dragged from my thoughts when my phone started vibrating on the table, I picked it up and saw Lindsey’s name flashing, I clicked the green button and placed the phone to my ear “what?” said bluntly “Gerard! I just saw Frank…” instantly my demeanour changed I looked to the clock behind me and saw that it was now past midnight “How he’s on the plane to California?” I asked confused, Lindsey sighed “I…I know but I came out of work and he was just down the street…” she said quickly “Well where is he now?” I asked, “I don’t know, an ambulance came, they, they took him away, Gerard I don’t know, it was horrible, I tried to stop them but Bert stopped me. Gerard I’m sorry I tried…” she rambled “Lindsey, Lindsey shush, do you know where they took him?” there was a pause “I think…I think they might have taken him to Columbus…” she said slowly “Columbus Hospital are you sure?” I asked, “Yeah…yeah I’m sure.” She said sounding more certain I sighed “Okay, meet me there in half an hour.” I said, “Okay, but Gerard…are you okay?” she asked concerned, I sighed “I don’t really matter right now…” I said hanging up the phone, I stood up from the desk and shoved it in my back pocket, I grabbed a jacket from the back of my bedroom door and opened it slowly knowing both mom and Mikey were now in bed, I crept across the landing avoid creaky floorboards and tip toed down the stairs, I then grabbed my keys from the shelf by the door and opened the front door slowly and closing it carefully behind me.

Once I was out of the house I ran to the car and jumped in, I got the car going as soon as I could and drove off down the street toward the hospital as soon as possible, I drove into the car park and parked rather badly in the first space I saw, I ran toward the entrance and saw Lindsey standing there looking worried, I waved to her and she waved lightly back “did you get over here okay?” she asked, I nodded “yeah why wouldn’t I?” she sighed “I was just asking, come on we should go and find Frank.” She said I nodded and we walked into the hospital together we approached the front desk and a rather young blonde woman was sitting behind it “How can I help you?” she asked according to her name tag her name was Jenna “We’re here to see Frank Iero…” Lindsey stated, the woman pressed a few buttons on her computer before looking at us sadly “I’m sorry but visiting hours are over for the psychiatric ward, you’ll have to come back tomorrow…” she informed us, my jaw almost dropped psychiatric ward? Frank wasn’t crazy, far from it….I bet this was his mother’s doing. I heard Lindsey sigh next to me “Okay…” she said and turned around to walk away, I followed her quickly “we can’t leave!” I whispered forcefully, she looked at me “I know when she thinks we’re leaving we’ll turn back and bolt it through the double doors and find the psyc ward…” she mumbled, I nodded, we walked toward the door but gradually got slower, then Lindsey and I turned on our heels and ran toward the double doors, the girl behind the desk stood up and shouted to us but we were long gone through the corridor before she could stop us.
We followed signs and ran upstairs, people moving out of our way and several doctors yelling at us to stop running but we didn’t when we finally got to the right floor and the right corridor but we stopped in our tracks when we saw the other Psychiatric reception “we’ll never get in…” I whispered defeated as Lindsey and I hid around a corner, but Lindsey shook her head “no you’re getting through, you wait until the coast is clear, you so owe me for this.” she muttered before walking around the corner as if she was drunk, the receptionist stood up and glared at her “Can I help you?” she asked “I…where am I?” she breathed heavily “I don’t know where I am…” she began twitching her hands and shaking at random times, she was blinking quickly and staring at the woman blankly “who are you?” Lindsey asked the woman before looking around and holding her head with her left hand “who am I?...oh god…I don’t know who I am.” She then began to pull at her face with her hand and scream uncontrollably, the receptionist walked over to her and escorted her off down the corridor, Lindsey turned back and winked at me before continuing her act. I glanced around the corridor to see if there was anyone else around but when I saw the coast was clear I started walking down the corridor and peeking into all the doors until I finally found the right one.

I pushed it open slowly and saw Frank lying in a bed, hooked up to a heart monitor with an oxygen mask over his face but he wasn’t sleeping, I approached slowly and sat in the plastic chair beside his bed, he pulled the mask from his face slowly “Hi…” he whispered sounding exhausted I smiled my eyes watering a little “hey…I probably don’t have long, security are kind of after me…” he nodded and smiled weakly “I know…it’s after visiting hours…” he said again his voice faded “Are you okay?” I asked he shrugged a little “well mom got me into the psych ward so what can you do, I’ve been staring at four white walls since I got here and if I stay here for much longer the room will drive me insane…” I placed my hand on his and the little beeps from the heart rate monitor got a little quicker, I glanced over to it and then back to Frank who was blushing slightly but smiling, I smiled back and he took my hand properly suddenly Lindsey’s voice could be heard screaming my name from the corridor outside telling me to get out, I let go of Frank’s hand, walked to the other side of the room, lifted the blind and opened the window, I looked down and decided against jumping because I’d probably die “Gerard…” Frank whispered I looked to him and he pointed under the bed slowly, I nodded and crawled under it “Pull yourself up with the framing so they can’t see you underneath” he breathed slowly, I nodded even though he couldn’t see me and then I heard the puffs of Frank using the oxygen mask once again, the door swung open and I assumed a security guard came in “Frank Iero?” a deep voice asked, Frank breathed heavily again “Yes…he jumped out of the window five minutes ago, he did no harm.” Frank said sounding less and less exhausted by the second, the man walked toward the window before closing it and pulling the blind back down, it was at this point when my arms started to ache, I wasn’t a fit person, I can’t old my own weight up for this long, I don’t think I ever have, so as I began to struggle the man slowly approached the bed and stood there for a few seconds but felt like hours, by now I could feel my face turn red from strain, but then he began to walk toward the door and I relaxed a little as he walked out and shut the door behind him, Frank tapped the bed frame and I dropped to the floor letting out a huge sigh of relief, I popped my head out from under the bed to see Frank peering over the top of it down at me smiling “that killed my arms…” I stated, Frank laughed lightly “You should probably leave soon…” Frank whispered, I crawled out from under the bed and sat in the plastic chair beside where he lay “Why?” I asked, Frank looked away and sighed “I’m still going back Gerard…there’s no point holding on to something that just won’t happen, I care about you and you know that, but I have to go back, and if I do ever see you again, we’ll be back to square one.” He finished and I took his hand once again “Frank, you know I care about you too, sometimes I fear I care a little too much…” I trailed off, he looked at me and smiled “give me a hug you pansy.” He said holding out his arms, I smiled and leant in, I wrapped my arms underneath his back and he pushed himself so he was sitting upright and wrapped his arms around my neck, he buried his head into the crook of my neck and stayed there, I didn’t complain, I closed my eyes and made the most of the moment because I knew it would probably be one of my last for a while, Frank pulled away, his arms still around my neck but his face was now in front of mine, a small crooked smile formed on his face as he leant in and kissed my lips gently, I kissed him back and his grip around me tightened, I smiled and broke the kiss, Frank looked at me saddened but I leant my head against his and closed my eyes, like they do in the movies and sighed, I opened my eyes again to see Frank staring at me, a small smile still on his face but tears in his eyes “I’m gonna miss you…” I whispered gently, he let me go and I sat back in the chair properly and the door to the room swung open violently making us both jump, and standing there was Frank’s mom, I looked to Frank who smiled at me weakly “I’ll miss you too…” he mumbled I smiled and stood from the chair and approached Linda “can I have a word please?” I asked, she glared at me but nodded and the both of us stepped out of the room together “I don’t know what you think you’re doing Gerard, but I won’t allow it.” she spat at me, I simply stood there emotionless “Listen. You may think you have Frank’s best interest in mind, but being gay isn’t a disease, he isn’t mentally ill and he’s not crazy…think of it this way, homosexual people were placed on Earth by ‘God’ to test his followers, to see if they truly did ‘love thy neighbour’, if you see fault in homosexuality then you’ve failed that test, God gives everyone the right to be who they want to be, to believe in God or not to, personally I choose not to, but we are not your enemy as much as you want us to be.” I finished, Linda looked at me bewildered and for a while I thought she was speechless until she did sadly speak again “Still, I won’t let Frank stay here, he’s not gay, damn it I want grandchildren and a family to be proud of. Frank’s coming home with me when he’s released from here and that’s final, you won’t change my mind.” She informed me, I simply sighed and rubbed the back of my head with my right hand “I’m not trying to change your mind, I’m trying to make you understand that your views, and beliefs and actions toward Frank about his sexuality his hurting him and he’s in enough pain as it is since his attack, I’m not asking you to let him stay here, I want you to be the mother you should be, the mother he deserves and protect him, not make him feel worse…” Linda’s eyes quickly filled with water, she looked through the door window at her son lying in a hospital bed and she burst into tears, I put my arms around her and tried to comfort her, she continued to sob in my arms “I’m a horrible mother.” She muttered “I should have seen what I was doing to him…” she mumbled, I pulled away and looked at her “I want you to do one thing for me, when you take him back…don’t make him go back to school, he hated it, it was his personal living hell and he doesn’t want to go back, I’m asking you with Frank’s welfare in mind.” She nodded and wiped the tears from her eyes, I stood up straight and nodded to her “I’ll go then, I hope we don’t encounter each other anytime soon, I wouldn’t want our personalities clashing more than they already have.” I stated, I looked through the window at Frank who gave me a small wave with tear filled eyes, I did nothing in return, I moved my gaze and began walking down the corridor toward the exit, letting the tears begin to roll silently down my face.


AN- oh I just gave you hope and threw it all away again haha I'm sorry but I really wanted to do a scene where Gerard and Linda could relate to each other in some way, anyway I hope you enjoyed, rates and reviews would be lovely ~ BLBH xoxo
Sign up to rate and review this story