Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Stones Of Words.

So Far Away

by BitterLoveBlackHeart 1 review

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2013-05-02 - 1753 words

0Unrated
Frank’s POV

I was released later that day, mom got some more plane tickets and we basically got straight on the plane from the hospital, this time I didn’t run, there was no point, I’d just keep going through this vicious cycle, and Gerard had already said his goodbyes, it would be cruel of me to put him through that again, so mom and I boarded the plane and waited, waited to go home, but it wasn’t really my home, not anymore.

The plane started rolling and I stared out of the window, watching at the airport got smaller the further down the run way we were and then finally, we were up in the air, flying away, and leaving New Jersey, I sighed heavily and my mom placed a comforting hand on my shoulder “It’s okay Frank…I know you’ll miss this place, but I just want to spend some time with my son before he turns eighteen, and I want to do that in the safety of our own home, not someone else’s…” she trailed off, I looked at her confused, wondering why she hadn’t said anything to me about Gerard’s manipulative mind and how he tricked me, made me ill or something, but no, she said nothing and smiled at me instead “Mom…you’ve changed all of a sudden…” I whispered “Not that I’m complaining but…” I added, she let out an amused sigh “well, yes I suppose I have, you see Gerard showed me how I was effecting you, with my views and hate toward homosexuality and what you went through, I never meant to hurt you Frank…I hope you know that…” she stated, she whispered the word homosexuality but I guess it would take time for her to come around completely, I smiled at her “so, you won’t stop me from being gay? You’re not going to send me to the mad house or anything?” I asked, she shook her head and smiled at me, she leant over and kissed my forehead “I’m sorry Frank, I should have realised sooner. But one thing is for sure, you’re going to be completely safe at home and you’re not going back to school, I know you didn’t like it and there’s really no point considering you’ve missed most of the year, I know most mothers would panic, but you’re a lot more intelligent than you let on, you’ll think of something when it comes to getting a job, maybe you should do something with music, I know how much you love playing guitar…” she said, a smile still on her face and a grin spreading across mine “Y’know mom, I don’t think going back home will be so bad after all…” she hugged me from across the seat and we continued to talk for the entire journey, I had actually really missed my mom, and I’m glad she’d started to come round about me being gay, and she didn’t look at me like I was a stranger anymore, I’m glad Gerard spoke to her, he seems to have a positive effect on everyone he knows.

Gerard’s POV

So here I am, at home locked away in my room, staring at the closed bottle of vodka in my hand and my music blasting through the house, this is how it used to be, before life got simpler, before I decided to get clean and sober, before Frank, before it all, Bert’s been calling me all day and so has Lindsey but I haven’t answered, I didn’t want to, what was there to say? Nothing, all they’d ask is if I was okay and I’d simply reply ‘no’ that was it, there’s no point, they all know how I feel, what they don’t know is how long this bottle has been hiding unopened in my bedroom for when my life goes back to the shit, ready and waiting for me to crack it open and consume it, but looking at it, my life wasn’t exactly in the shit just yet, I looked down at the pieces of paper on my desk, I grabbed them and stood up, marching into Mikey’s room “Mikey.” I stated, he sat up on his bed and stared at me “What?” he asked “Call the guys, I’ve got feelings to vent.” Was all I said before slamming his bedroom door shut behind me as I made my way down stairs and toward the basement.

I sat and waited, staring at the words written on the page, and then the door swung open and Mikey was standing there, his phone to his ear looking really excited so I stood up and looked at him “What’s up?” I asked, Mikey grinned wildly “Bob said he can get one of the producers from eyeball down here to give us a listen if you’re up for it…” I said trailing off, I smiled, this was the first big thing to happen to the band, what if we made it big, a wave of excitement filled my body, I nodded and grinned “Hell yeah!” I shouted, Mikey’s grin widened and he left the room again and went back to talking to Bob.

It was about an hour later when the guys arrived and bob escorted a tall, dark hair skinny, guy a few years older than us into the room, he shook my hand and smiled “Hi, I’m Brian.” I nodded and smiled back “Gerard.” He then nodded and took a seat in front of all the equipment and we all stood around him he smiled at us all “Right, I’ll keep this simple, you play me something and I like it, I’ll invite you down to the studio some time so we can do some recording, see if my boss likes it and we can get you signed, if I don’t like it, I’ll tell you, but I’ll give you some helpful criticism.” He stated, we all nodded and everyone looked to me “So…what shall we play?” Bob asked, I scraped my brain for the song I think we’d play best, I looked to Bob and smiled “Skylines…” I said, Bob smiled and nodded sitting behind his kit, spinning his sticks round between his fingers, the guys grabbed their instruments and I stood behind the microphone…

“You're not in this alone
Let me break this awkward silence
Let me go, go on record
Be the first to say I'm sorry
Hear me out,
And if you take me down
Or would you lay me out
And if the world needs something better
Let's give them one more reason now, now, now

We walk in single file
We light our rails and punch our time
Ride escalators colder than a cell

This broken city sky like butane on my skin
stolen from my eyes
Hello Angel, tell me where are you
Tell me where we go from here

This broken city sky like butane on my skin
stolen from my eyes
Hello Angel, tell me where are you
Tell me where we go from here

Tell me we go from...

And in this moment we can't close the lids on burning eyes
Our memories blanket us with friends we know like fallout vapours
Steel corpses stretch out towards an ending sun, scorched and black
It reaches in and tears your flesh apart
As ice cold hands rip into your heart

That's if you've still got one that's left inside that cave you call a chest
And after seeing what we saw, can we still reclaim our innocence
And if the world needs something better, let's give them one more reason now

This broken city sky like butane on my skin
stolen from my eyes
Hello Angel, tell me where are you
Tell me where we go from here

This broken city sky like butane on my skin
stolen from my eyes
Hello Angel, tell me where are you
Tell me where we go from here

Tell me we go from here…”

After we finished playing, I felt myself begin to smile, that was the first song I’d sang to Frank, and I remember telling him how I felt there was something missing, he told me he could add in some screams if I wanted him to, it was an awesome idea, he really should be a member of this band, but it’s hard for that to happen now…
“Well that really was something…” Brian said a huge smile on his face “Y’know my boss has been going on at me to try and find something new and fresh, I was told about you guys by someone who saw your gig a few weeks ago, I got Bob’s number and I’m really glad I gave you a chance, I’m sure my boss will love you, come by the studio tomorrow at noon and we can sort you guys out a session.” Brain said smiling and standing up from the chair, he shook all our hands individually and we all escorted him back up the stairs and waved him off as he left the house, once he was in his car and driving away, the four of us practically started jumping for joy, this was the biggest hit we’d had and Bob pulled us all into a group hug “For the first time in a long time, I actually think this thing could happen. Like we’re not just doing this because we love it anymore, we can actually DO this!” I nodded and smiled “Yeah, it’s a shame Frank isn’t here though…” I sighed, Mikey placed a comforting hand on my shoulder “It’s okay Gerard, I’m sure he’s fine…” he said, I nodded “I know he’ll be fine, but I just miss him being around…” Ray sighed “to be fair Gerard, he’s barely been gone a day, you should give the dust chance to settle, y’know?” he stated, I nodded “yeah you’re probably right, anyway, you guys wanna hang out here for a while?” Ray and Bob nodded and the four of us headed up stairs to my room to hang out for the rest of the day...
Sign up to rate and review this story