Categories > Original > Romance > This Blood Evacuation Is Telling Me To Cave In

Chapter Ten

by MCR-99 0 reviews

Going Home. FINAL CHAPTER.

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2013-04-27 - 1201 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Ten.

"Sadie, wake up." Missy whispered, nudging me awake. I flinched, stirring in my sleep, and opened my eyes. It took me a while to realise we were, or I was, back at Safe Haven. Masterson had collected me last night from the hospital, just after the postmortem. Vic died in the fire that I started. I'd killed the one boy I'd actually learnt to love, the boy who taught me wrong of other boys. The boy who was not only the one I loved, but he was like my best friend as well. But, that's all changed now, hasn't it? I sat up in bed, feeling tears coming on again, and looked into the eyes of Missy and Mia, who hesitated at the foot of my bed, before sitting down.

"Sadie, this isn't your fault, you know that." Missy tried her best to reassure me, but to no avail.

"Not my fault? Missy, it is my fault!" I shout, standing up from my bed, but I lost my balance and fell over, Mia caught me as I fell and put me back upright again.

"Missy, you don't understand." I began. "I started the fire, out of my own self-destruction. I started the fire, that, evidently, killed Vic. So, it is my fault."

"Sadie, you shouldn't blame yourself for this." Mia spoke up this time. "You could've fought those demons, drowned them out with music or talking, tryed to keep them out of your mind, that's what I do."

"Mia, I can't drown my demons." I insist. "They know how to swim."

We were interrupted in our discussion by a knock at the door, and Masterson stepped in, not making eye contact with me, or any of us.

"Girls." She adressed us, and we stood up straight by the foot of our beds, like soldiers in a line, called to attention.

"Good Morning, Dr. Masterson." We all say in unison.

"Don't be so tense, girls." She smiles, and we loosen up.

"What do you want, Dr?" Mia asked.

"I came here, for good news for Sadie." She beckoned to me, and I looked at her, confused. "Sadie, your mother is here to collect you, you're going home."

"What?" I choke out. "Why?"

"Because, it seems you've shown remarkable progress in getting better at not self-harming." I laugh at that.

"Better? You think I'm better? If you aren't aware, I tried to kill myself twice while I was here! One of those attempts killed..." I don't finish the sentence, as I felt the tears spill from my eyes, and Mia comforts me, wrapping a supportive arm around my shoulders and giving me a tissue to dry my eyes, which I gladly accept and use.

"What Sadie is trying to say is, she doesn't think she's better, and she knows she isn't." Missy backed me up.

"She may not think she's better, but she is." Masterson said, and began packing a bag for me, while I control my emotions. Once packed, I said a final goodbye to Missy and Mia, promising them I'd talk to them soon, over email or Skype, and I gave them a hug each. We then began walking, and I caught the eyes of everyone as I passed. They were all sad, which gave me a gut-wrenching feeling, as I looked at the empty spot where Vic would stand, his usual friendly smile warming my insides with happiness, yet he was gone, never to return again. I was soon greeted by Mum, who didn't offer a hug or anything, no support, just happiness that her daughter had 'stopped' self-harm, yet I never did. There was small discussion between her and Masterson, before we were back in the car and heading home.

"So," Mum began on our drive home. "Dr. Masterson tells me you met a boy."

I choke up a little at the topic of Vic, but not enough to answer. "Yes, Mum, I did."

"And, you fell for him, am I correct?" That made me nearly burst into tears, not only to losing him, but at the tone and coldness of my mother's voice.

"Yes, I did. More than I thought I could."

"What did I tell you about boys, Sadie?" Mum questioned.

"I don't care what you say about boys, Mum, but Vic wasn't what you said he was like. He was kind, compassionate, and he cared for me, unlike you." I say, bitterly.

"What did you just say?" Mum stopped the car, slamming down on the brakes, before turning to me, eyes buldging in anger.

"You heard what I said to you." I spat. "Vic wasn't like you said all boys were like. You said they were mean, lying cheats, but he wasn't. He cared, he actually tried to help me with my problems, he made me feel safe, and he taught me to fight Them, so he wasn't like the other boys, he cared, Mum. Unlike you, you didn't do jack shit to help me, you just wanted a normal daughter. But, wake up and smell the roses, Mum, because without Vic, I'll never be normal again, not that I ever was anyway." And with that, I got out the car, slamming the door behind me.

"Where do you think you're going?!" Mum shouted after me.

"Home!" I say. "I'm going to be with Vic, that is my true home." I stomped home, and I wasn't too far from it. I got inside the house, stomping up the stairs to the bedroom that Mum and her boyfriend Xander shared, and took out one of Xander's ties, then going back downstairs until I was just above the third pole of the banister. I created a noose big enough for my head to fit through, before saying my final words.

"I've been having this dream that we could fly.." I laugh to myself, talking to nobody, but I knew there was someone there. Sam and Ash were there, in my mind, and Vic was there, in a ghostly figure, staring straight at me. "So, Darling, close your eyes.." I shut my eyes tightly, and said the final few words.

"Because, you're about to miss everything.." Then, I tightened the noose, and fufilled my promise, never turning back. I died.

The End.

Okay, so I planned eleven chapters, but I changed my mind while writing this, so I decided to go for the ten. I put TWO lyric references in there, if you know the song and the artist (one of them isn't PTV) I will give you fucking cookies, a lifetime supply of internet cookies. Rate and Review! :) I'm so proud of this fic, I know I did well on it, and I want to thank the following people: Becca, Mia, Ash, Sam, Liz, you played an excellent part in this. Also, thanks to the song Stay Away From My Friends for the references in the title and in chapter two. Also, to the other songs I used lyrics from. Jeez, this has been one helluva ride, hasn't it guys? Hope you liked it :) (computer automated voice) please get off at platform two, the train is about to leave the station, never to return.

xoxo Sadie
Sign up to rate and review this story