Categories > Celebrities > 30 Seconds to Mars > You Are The Reason I Can't Control Myself.

Finding Jared

by Echelonkid30 2 reviews

No, Jared and Shannon don't become fish and start searching for each other.

Category: 30 Seconds to Mars - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2013-04-27 - 1329 words

0Unrated
Shannon woke up in complete darkness, his head was groggy and he was feeling very confused. He didn't know where he was and the aphotic conditions weren't making it any easier to find out. He couldn't remember what had happened beforehand, but he was sure to find out. It was probably Jared dicking around. His hands stroked the floor, trying to give him a sense of where exactly he was. It felt like concrete, solid and slightly stony. It didn’t seem too good for him then, since his memories from the past few hours had been erased.

"Jesus... this isn't funny."

Had he fallen asleep, leaving Jared in the hotel room? He couldn't remember falling asleep, especially in such a dark room, he wasn’t on a bed, just on the cold, hard floor. He remembered Jared, and that he couldn't be left alone for an extended period of time. He needed supervision, like a child. With a small groan, he lifted himself from the ground, holding onto what felt like shelves for support and then slowly walked forward, his legs feeling weird and wobbly, like he hadn’t walked in twenty years.

"Jared!"

Slowly and carefully, he felt around for a light switch or a lamp, there had to be one. When he finally found the light switch, he switched it on and the room was illuminated. It was filled with cleaning products, various mops, brooms and brushes, toilet paper and a vacuum cleaner. Maybe Jared had put him in there so that he could shoot up or get some kind of high without getting shouted at. He had become devious and sneaky, and that was because of the drugs.

Walking out of the closet and slowly shutting the door gently behind him, Shannon went back to the hotel room to find Jared. Stepping in quietly, so that he wouldn’t wake Jared, he noticed the scratch marks on the walls. They weren't there when he left. One of Jared's black and silver sneakers was strewn across the floor, across the room from the bed, where he had been lying for at least an hour. Realising he wasn’t in bed, he went into the bathroom to see a boy in his late teens, dirty blond, just… standing there. When his back was turned, Shannon grabbed him, turning him around and pinned him against a wall, baring his teeth. He was angry, and he wanted answers.

"Where is he?" Shannon shouted.

"Who?"

"Jared, you incompetent fuck!"

The boy was shocked and confused, his eyes slightly wide. He struggled desperately against Shannon, trying to get away from his attacker, but he couldn't. Shannon was clearly the stronger one, the boy had quickly realised this from the look of him but this didn't stop him. His skinny arms writhed around as he tried to bat him away, miserably failing to cause some kind of defence.

“I don't know who Jared is! I have no idea-"

"Why were you in there?"

"I was cleaning! Please don't hurt me!"

From the look on the boy's face, he really didn't know anything. Shannon slowly unpinned him from the wall, then watched him run away, whimpering. He felt sort of bad for scaring like that, but you could never be sure about these kinds of people. If this guy didn't know where Jared was, who did? Jared wouldn't have left without a shoe and the wallpaper wasn't ripped before he left. Coincidence? Not exactly. These clues were something, but not enough to lead him to Jared. Why was nothing ever simple?

"Jared! Where are you?"

Shannon walked out of the room after picking up his rucksack and Jared’s shoe, sighing, as he continued the search. People gawked at him as he aimlessly called Jared's name repeatedly, wandering the halls with a picture of him on his iPhone. He was so worried that he went to the lobby to ask Rose if she had seen his brother. No one else had seen the 'skinny guy with dark hair and blue eyes'. This was bad. This was very, very bad. Rose was at the desk, helping customers, when Shannon walked over, interrupting both her and an old woman that was trying to book a room.

"Have you seen my brother? He's gone missing."

"I haven't. Did you have a nice sleep, Mr. Leto?"

"Wait, how long was I asleep for?"

"A few hours. Why?"

Something didn't seem right. She knew something he didn't. All of the memories flashed into his mind, so quick that he could only get a glimpse. Rose, putting sedatives in his drink, seeing them fizzle up in the bottle, the raunchy sex in the closet, then darkness. She knew where Jared was. Shannon’s eyes narrowed and he leaned across the desk, and whispered to her, in a deadly serious tone.

"What... did you do to my brother?"

“I did nothing. Gerard has him, you may want to go and find him before something else happens. Oh, and go visit your other friend, he also had a little chat with Gerard.”

Shannon’s eyes widened, and he slowly stepped away from the desk, trying to comprehend everything. The bastard had taken his brother, so what had he done to Tomo? Running out of the hotel, swinging his rucksack over his shoulder, he went to the parking lot, jumped into his car and sped home, trying to get to Tomo as quick as he could.

Unlocking the front door and running into the house, he stared down at the floor in the kitchen as he found a lifeless body there, laying on their stomach, facing the tiled flooring. There had been signs of the house being entered, the front door scratched, the white paint coming off in considerable amounts, like some kind of animal had been scratching at it.

“Tomo…”

He started to shake Tomo, trying to wake him. He got on his knees, and then turned the man so that he was lying on his back. Once that was done, he started shaking him vigorously, trying to wake him. After a while, on eyes opened, revealing a dark, black orb. Why only one eye? There was slight bruising, maybe it was sore and slightly swelling. Shannon could cure that with an ice pack or a bag of frozen vegetables.

"Tomo, what happened?" The older man said, taking a loose strand of Tomo’s jet back hair and tucking it behind his ear.

"I wouldn't tell them where you went, so they beat me up. I don't remember what happened after that."

"Did you tell them?" Shannon asked quickly, his eyes widening. Obviously he had, but he was stressed, he was upset… he just wanted his brother back, safe and happy.

"Yeah. I'm so sorry Shan."

After helping Tomo up and sitting him on a chair, Shannon walked over to the freezer. couldn’t find an ice pack so he grabbed a bag of frozen peas, and then strolled back to Tomo, sitting next to him and gently putting the cold bag on his eye.

"No, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have given you the responsibility, because you'd just get hurt. I let both you and Jared get hurt. I'm such a fucking idiot."

With this, Tomo sighed and hugged Shannon tightly, then pulled away, putting both hands on either side of his face and looking deep into his eyes. Shannon was always blaming himself, thinking of himself as a bad brother when things happened to Jared, which they always did. It was now Tomo’s job to reassure him, make him feel better when things went bad. They were in love, after all.

"No you're not. You can't keep everyone safe, Jared will be fine and he can look after himself. He's not a kid anymore."

"He may not be a kid anymore, but his big mouth will get him into a lot of trouble. I can't risk him getting hurt."
Sign up to rate and review this story