Categories > Original > Horror > The Origami Killer Returns.

Chapter Three: Investigation.

by MCR-99 3 reviews

Detective Oliver Sykes investigates the murder of Danny Queen.

Category: Horror - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Horror - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2013-05-04 - 731 words

0Unrated
Chapter Three: Investigation

A blue Ford Fiesta rolled apon the scene of the Danny Queen murder, and out stepped a nicely dressed gentleman, about thirty years in age. This was detective Oliver Skyes, better known as Oli. He was a special agent in the FBI, as he was given special glasses to detect certain pieces of evidence. This was called ARI, and the FBI had brought it in around the time that the Origami Killer murders first started, back in 2010. Oliver made his way to the two police officers standing by the yellow caution tape, hoping to slip right through, but was stopped.

"No one may pass." Said a quite chubby officer, his hand on the blade of Oliver's shoulder.

"I'm detective Oliver Sykes, in the FBI, here to investigate the scene." Oli said, standing his ground.

"Do you have a badge, Mr. Oliver Sykes?" Asked the second officer, slim in figure. Oliver brought out his pass, a small thing, easy to fit in somebody's pocket. After a few seconds, the officers let him pass, as he did. He then asked the question he wanted to know.

"Do you know if Lieutenant Patrick Stump has arrived yet?" He asked, in a clear Sheffield accent.

"Yeah, he has. He should be around there somewhere." Answered the chubby officer, turning his body slightly to face him before going back to his original position.

"Thanks." Oli muttered, before making his way onto the crime scene. Once he set foot on the scene, he took out the ARI glasses from his pocket, and the motion sensor glove that came with it. The machine beeped to life once in contact with Oli's skin, and he calibrated ARI to the correct time and date, and scene.

"ARI comment: Time is 6:32AM on Tuesday the 13th of April 2012. Scene is the Los Angeles City Dump, weather is rain, as usual. This is Detective Oliver Sykes." After calibrating, he waved a hand in the air, the gloved hand, and evidence showed up in forms of particles, or actual objects. Then, Oli began to investigate into the scene.



Soon, Oli had collected the evidence of a blood specimin, and strong senses of pollen from the Orchid. Next was to investigate the body, and Oli made his way to the body tent located in the center of the grounds, and a strong voice boomed out.

"You! What are you doing here, this is a police investigation!" This was the one and only Lieutenant Patrick Stump of the Los Angeles Police Department, who Oli was instructed to meet as well as collect evidence. Oli looked up at the small man, chubby in figure, but not as chubby as the police officer out front, and took off the ARI glasses and glove before stating who he was.

"I'm Detective Oliver Sykes, and I'm here to investigate the murder of the next Origami Killer Victim" Oli said, and Patrick lightened up.

"Oh, Oli." He soon understood the reason behind the dark-haired man stood before him. "I was told you were to investigate alongside us, a side-man, am I correct?"

"Yes sir." Oli nodded.

"Walk with me, let me tell you about what we found so far." Patrick and Oli began to walk, and Patrick told Oli everything about the victim.

"His name's Danny Queen, born November 2nd 1999, just thirteen years old. He appears to have died in rainwater, drowned in a drain that's God knows where. We've not found much, but just enough to start on an investigation." Patrick told Oli, and he nodded, understanding the new piece of evidence. Oli then told Patrick what he'd found for himself.

"I've found a blood sample, type A+, A Positive. Possibly belonging to the victim?"

"Possibly, we'll get the coroner to view the body for when he arrives, which should be soon. You can go and investigate more or go on home, your choise." Patrick said.

"I think I'll investigate some more." Oli told him, about to walk away when Patrick called out to him.

"Oli, if you find anything, be sure to tell us. We're on the same team now, remember?" Patrick smiled a crooked smile, obviously up to something with the investigation. Oli then dismissively waved it off, not seeing the smile on Patrick's face, and began to investigate the rest of the scene, before getting back into his car and driving home again..
Sign up to rate and review this story