Categories > Original > Horror > The Origami Killer Returns.

Chapter Five: Dissapearance

by MCR-99 3 reviews

Whilst at the park after school, Kellin's daughter Sadie dissapears..

Category: Horror - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Horror - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2013-05-05 - 679 words

0Unrated
Chapter Five: Dissapearance

"So," Kellin started off the conversation with his daughter, while at the park on a rainy Wednesday afternoon, at around four-thirty PM. "How was school?"

Sadie hesitated, before telling her father what happened. "I got in trouble for being late, again. Mrs. Bell said, next time it happens I'd be sent home."

"Sorry, Kid." Kellin apologized, as he was partly responsible for the tardiness of his own child, yet is was also Sadie's fault for going to bed late. "We'll try and make it next time okay, I promise."

"Whatever.." Sadie muttered, and Kellin rose from the park bench and went over to the sweet vendor, as he figured, he'd cheer up his daughter with some sweets.

"What'll it be?" The street vendor asked politely.

"Um.." Kellin looked at all the options. "Banana flavoured chewwits please." The street vendor picked up the block of sweets and handed them to Kellin, who, in return, gave the vendor 2 cents. Kellin then walked back to his daughter, who was sadly looking at all the other kids with both siblings, not just one, and handed her the sweets.

"I got you some sweets.." Kellin mumbled, and Sadie took the sweets and looked at the flavour.

"I hate banana.." She said quietly. Kellin was about to take them back to change them, when Sadie stopped him. "But, thanks, Dad."

Kellin felt a little better about that, but couldn't help in seeing Sadie's absence to the fact he was there, so he rose from the park bench again upon noticing the merry-go-round. He walked over to it, and called out to Sadie.

"Hey, Sadie, how about we play on the merry-go-round? I bet I can push you so fast, you won't even be able to hold on!"

"Okay!" Sadie said, a little excited now, and she ran to the merry-go-round, and Kellin proceeded to run with the merry-go-round, pushing it at a slow speed.

"Faster, Dad!" She cheered him on, and soon Kellin was pretty much running, much to his daughter's laughs of happiness. Kellin ignored the fact he was nearly out of breath, as he could see Sadie was happy, which was what he wanted. Soon, Kellin had to stop, and Sadie hopped off the merry-go-round and hugged him.

"Thanks Dad." She smiled to him, which made him smile too, for the first time since Copeland died.



Soon, it was time to go. Sadie collected her school bag and followed her father to the gate, but stopped when she spotted the carousel. Kellin stopped when he noticed his daughter's abrupt stop, and turned to face her.

"Aren't you coming?" He asked, and Sadie looked at him with pleading eyes.

"Please Dad, can I go on the carousel? One go?"

Kellin considered the thought, he really wanted to go, but this was his daughter, and by the rate she'd had fun today, he figured one more little bit of fun really wouldn't hurt. Kellin sighed, then accepted.

"One go." He told her, and Sadie squealed excitedly before hopping on the carousel while Kellin payed for her ticket. Soon, the carousel set off, and Kellin suddenly blacked out again, waking up in the middle of a dark road, with a truck heading his way. He jumped out the way, and looked around at where he was. The corner of Carnaby Street and Winston Avenue, far away from the park.

"Sadie!" He called for his daughter, and started to run, continuously calling her name, hoping she's show. He got back to the park, looking for her and calling her name, then he noticed her black school bag by the carousel. He picked it up, and ran in the direction of home, hoping she was sat on the couch watching SpongeBob. Kellin reached home, opening the front door and leaving it open wide, as he looked for his daughter, who was no where to be found. Kellin fell to his knees before her bed, and felt something in his hand. He opened his hand, and in the palm of his hand was an origami figure..
Sign up to rate and review this story