Categories > Original > Horror > The Origami Killer Returns.

Chapter Six: Hostage

by MCR-99 2 reviews

Laurence is in the hostage situation in the robbery of a local grocery store.

Category: Horror - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Horror - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2013-05-06 - 843 words

0Unrated
Chapter Six: Hostage

The little chime of the convenience store on Carnaby Street went off as Laurence stepped in, shaking his head and watching the little droplets of rain fall from the tips of his blackened hair. Behind the counter was the person he was next going to interrogate, 50-Year-Old Victor Fuentes. Laurence was going to ask him about what happened to his son, also named Victor, but shortened to Vic. He also needed a new asthma pump, he was all out.

"May I help you?" Victor asked from behind the counter. Laurence stepped up to the counter and got out his notepad and pen.

"Hello, I'm Laurence Beveridge and I'm investigating the case of the Origami Killer, I was wondering if you knew anything about-" Laurence was cut off mid-sentence by Victor suddenly snapping at him.

"My son is dead. What's more to tell?"

"I understand your pain, but-"

"Oh do you?" Snapped Victor, this was going to be harder than he thought it'd be. "Then perhaps it's best not to ask."

Laurence turned to the new tactic, sympathy tactic. "Sadie Quinn, your son knew her, didn't he?"

"Yes," Victor said. "But, I don't see what that has to do with this."

"Well, Sadie has been taken, presumably by the Origami Killer. We need to know more about this person, before more people die, we need to help this girl before it's too late."

"Oh, so you help her, but you never helped my son, did you?" Victor shouted. "You could've saved him, yet you were too late."

Laurence sighed, giving up. He turned to go, then remembered the second reason why he was here. "Oh, do you have any asthma pumps left in stock? I'm all out, and at least I won't leave here empty-handed."

"They're at the back, to the right." Victor told him, looking down sadly. Laurence then followed the instructions and collected the one asthma pump that remain, and the door bell chimed again, and in entered a hooded figure, hands in his pockets.

"May I help you?" Victor's voice could be heard at the front of the shop, and then the click of a gun and a gruff voice.

"Put the money in the bag, before I blow your brains out." The voice, belonging to a male, ordered. Laurence crouched, clutching the asthma pump in his hand, and tried to sneak away. He got to one of the aisles, and picked up a bottle to hit the intruder with, but it all failed when the intruder spotted Laurence.

"You! Get in the corner!" The man pointed the gun at Laurence, and he followed the man's orders.

"Hands in the air, both of you!" He next ordered, waving the gun between the two of them. Slowly, they raised their arms, and Laurence tried to reason with the intruder.

"You don't really need to do this, do you?" Laurence asked, hands remaining in the air. The intruder ignored him. "You don't really need to steal from here."

"Don't try and reason with me!" The man shouted."It won't work."

Laurence then tried a different approach. "My name's Laurence, what's your's?"

"K-Kier." The man stuttered. "M-My name's Kier."

"Kier, do you have any family? A girlfriend, someone you care about?" Laurence asked, delving deeper into driving this intruder from the store calmly.

"I-I got a little girl, her name's Emily." Kier told him.

"What would Emily think if she saw you here, her Daddy, stealing from this poor man?" Kier nearly broke down in tears.

"She'd be upset." Kier sobbed.

"Exactly. So, put down the gun." Laurence said, calmly. Kier did so, still blubbering.

"Now, just walk away, and we'll pretend, none of this, ever happened." Kier did that also, hiding his face. Laurence then walked back up to the counter.

"Thank you." Victor said. "If it wasn't for you, I'd be dead right now."

"No problem." Laurence placed the little package containing the asthma pump onto the counter and payed for it, then turned to leave.

"Mr. Beveridge?" Victor stopped him, and Laurence turned to face the old man.

"Yes?" Laurence asked.

"When my son was taken, I was given a locker ticket, for Grand Central Station's lockers. Inside the locker, was this box." Victor got out a cardboard box, resembling a shoe box, and Laurence opened the lid. Inside the box was five origami figures, a gun, and a broken phone, along with a small chip that easily connected with the phone. Laurence picked up the small chip and put it into the phone, and on the small screen showed Vic's drowned body. Something wasn't right. If Vic had died for sometime, how was his body not on the wasteland? Like all the rest? Laurence disconnected the chip from the phone, placed both parts back into the box and place the lid back over.

"I hope it can help you find that little girl." Victor said, and Laurence took the box and the asthma pump.

"Thank you, Victor." Laurence nodded towards Victor in grattitude, and left the store.
Sign up to rate and review this story