Categories > Original > Humor > High School Never Ends

Chapter Five: They're Gonna Clean Up Your Looks

by MCR-99 1 review

God, heart to hearts are the shittiest things ever..

Category: Humor - Rating: R - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2013-05-07 - 932 words

0Unrated
Chapter Five: They're gonna clean up your looks

"Okay, showers are over there." Vic dragged me into the locker rooms, and they were fucking unisex oh god, and stopped me right before me, and I stumbled over. What? I couldn't help being Little Miss Klutz could I? Especially in front of this guy. Vic then spun me around so I faced the shower block. I then turned back to him.

"But, I got no spare clothes though." Vic then pointed over to Destiny's locker. "And I am not wearing her clothes, nu-uh."

"Don't worry, she has decent-ish clothes. It's either that, or you gotta walk around with pie all down that nice shirt of your's."

"You like my shirt, aw thanks." I got caught off guard, and then Skye walked in and opened her locker and threw me some clothes, as if she heard the whole thing.

"Here, have some of my clothes, and I'll take your clothes back home with me tonight, wash them, and give them back to you, in exchange for my clothes back, okay?"

"Thanks, Skye." I smile.

"Because, I like you enough now, just call me Sam. I make it an exception, only you and Ash may call me Sam, and that's it."

"Cool." I then walk off towards the showers and hang the clothes on the rack, before stripping off and throwing my dirtied clothes on a pile on the floor, then I step under the hot shower and shower as quick as I can before the end of lunch. I was in and out in under two or so minutes, and I stepped out with a towel wrapped around my dripping wet figure. Vic was slumped against the locker, and Sam dragged him out the room so I could change. Soon, I appeared out the locker room in a blink 182 t-shirt, cameo baggy jeans and punk boots, and my hair was down with my fringe over one of my eyes. Vic slumped off the locker outside the doors and smiled.

"Nice." He commented, and I blushed just that tiny bit. Then, Vic held out a hand and led me back outside, and we sat on our own to talk for a little bit.

"So, why is Destiny being so mean to me?" I ask, and he laughs.

"She thinks that you're gonna try and take Kellin from her, so she's a little jealous."

"Well, I'm not gonna. I don't mix with Populars, believe me, I've tried and failed." I laugh too.

"Why? What happened in your try and failure?" Vic asked.

"Well, during the entire first year of Secondary school, that's 'junior high' for you Americans, I was basically trying to fit in. I listened to pop music, hung around with loads of people in the loudest of places, and it just didn't seem right to me, so I changed to liking bands and being on my own. I want to start a band one day, I got a name for it and everything." I say, realising I was rambling.

"Oh really, lay it on me then." Vic said.

"I decided to name my dream band American Revenge. I took the name from two albums, Green Day's American Idiot and My Chemical Romance's Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge."

"Cool." Vic nods in agreement. "What do you wanna do in American Revenge then?"

"I wanna sing, because I sing quite well, but that's what I think." I say, and I had a rough idea of what the next question was gonna be.

"Let's hear you sing then." Vic said.

"No." I say, dragging out the 'no' a little bit. "I have very bad stage fright."

"Then, how are you gonna be able to be in a band then if you don't try?" Vic asked, and I realised he was right in a way.

"Okay, but I'm still not singing." I say.

"Tell you what, my band are gonna be performing after school, in the practice room. You are gonna be there, and hopefully, you'll be able to sing one of our songs with us."

"You mean, with you?" I say.

"Well, yeah. To help you get over this stage fright of yours." Vic smiled, in that 'helping hand' sorta way.

"Thanks, Vic." I smile, looking down at my hands.

"No worries. Now, you know what you gotta do now, don't ya?"

"Apologise?" Vic nods, and I sigh.

"Fine." We both stand up from the table, and we walk over to the Popular table, and Destiny is staring me dead in the eye, and I felt like I was turning to stone, but Vic was there behind me to hold me up, should I say. We reach the Populars table, and all silence falls around the tables.

"Destiny. I just wanted to say, I was sorry. I didn't mean to cause all this, I just, I just don't want to re-live the past four years of hell that I did in my last school." I mumbled, fiddling with the hem of my, or should I say Sam's, shirt. Destiny then rises from her seat and holds out a hand.

"It's okay, I guess I should have lightened up on you, since you've only just arrived here and all. I forgive you, but that doesn't mean we're friends, but I'll lighten up on you a bit." Destiny said, and I shook her hand.

"Girl bonding." Kellin said randomly, and we all laugh, resuming the conversation of lunch, and me and Vic just walk away.

"See? Wasn't so hard now, was it?" He smiles again.

"You have no idea.."
Sign up to rate and review this story