Categories > Original > Humor > High School Never Ends

Chapter Six: Hold On Till May

by MCR-99 1 review

I'm finally getting over my stage fright..

Category: Humor - Rating: R - Genres: Humor,Romance - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2013-05-08 - 802 words

0Unrated
Chapter Six: Hold On Till May

Soon, it was the end of my first day. The rest of the day went well, as Sam was basically in the rest of my lessons except for Art. Vic was in most of my lessons though, and during that time he explained to me about the song I was gonna sing with him in, and what bit to do. Ash overheard this and butted in, telling her it was her part, and Vic just said to her it was only one song, and only one time, so it wouldn't hurt.

Anyway, we made it to the practice room, and everyone else was already there setting up. By we, I mean me and Sam. She insisted on coming, purely because of Ash. I let her, because at least I'd have someone I properly knew to support me and stuff. Vic was tuning his guitar, a really cool electric colour black with tipex to make streaks on it, and then looked up and saw me and smiled.

"Sadie! You're here, great." He put down the guitar and grabbed my wrist, before dragging me to the second mic stand. He then turned to the rest of the group.

"Guys, this is Sadie." He introduced me, although I'd already met Jaime and Ash. The guy with the stretchers looked up and smiled shyly.

"Sadie, that's Tony. The Turtle." He laughed at the end of his statement, and Tony rolled his eyes and went back to tuning the guitar. "And, in the back there by the drums is my brother, Mike." Mike waved his drumsticks in the air as a form of hello. Vic then turned back to me.

"So, you know what bit you're doing then?" He checked over one more time, and I nod. "Good." He said, and Ash took a seat and Mike counted us in, before everyone else began with the opening chords of Hold On Till May. Vic sang the first little bit, and then it was me coming in with the opening chorus. I took a deep breath, and I let out my voice.

The sun went down,
we ended up on the ground,
I heard the train shake the windows,
you screamed over the sounds,
and, as we own this night,
I put your body to the test with mine,
this love was out of control,
three, two, one, where did it go?


The song continued, and soon I got a little bit of confidence back. Soon, it was time for the second part I had to sing, second and final part.

If you were me,
you'd do the same.
and, I can't take anymore,
I draw the shades and close the door,
everything's not alright, and I would rather..


The song soon ended, and Sam was the one to give the big applaud, and I stood there smiling shyly.

"Wow." Vic said after a while. "Never knew you had a voice like that, Sadie, it's really something."

"Thanks." I mumble, playing with my fingers.

"And, stop playing with those fingers." Vic suddenly put his hand in mine, and I looked up at him, and our eyes met. Everyone was dead silent, and I kind of lost track of what was exactly happening, until Ash spoke up suddenly.

"So, should we get on with the next song, or are we just gonna be silent for the next hour?" I snapped out of my little daydream and Vic lets go of my hand.

"Yeah, Ash, let's do King For A Day." I walked back over to Sam, shell-shocked, and she kinda was too. "You guys can stay if you want, we're going out bowling later, if you wanna come?"

"Sure." I suddenly say, and I take a seat and watch on as Vic and the rest of the band pulled off King For A Day, and Sam turned to me and spoke to me quietly.

"You know this was all because of me right? You singing with Vic and that?"

"What? You planned this?" I whispered back to her.

"Well, yeah, couldn't you see I was up to something?" She rose an eyebrow at me.

"Well, yeah, but I never thought you'd plan this!" I say. "And, how did you even tell I had stage fright?"

"Because of the way you walked into class earlier, remember? You fucking tripped, and fell into me? I was taking a rough guess." She smiled.

"Sam, you little minx.." I muttered. "That's why you're a good friend."

"I try.." She giggled, and we sat back and watched the rest of the practice, Sam busy googling over Ash, who noticed this well, and kinda laughed about it, whilst I was both feeling the throw up feeling of nerves, and all the while developing a small, tad feeling for Vic..
Sign up to rate and review this story