Categories > Original > Horror > Devilish Thoughts

Scare Your Girl

by DarknessBliss 0 reviews

Kafiya gets a little creeped out during the rehearsal.

Category: Horror - Rating: G - Genres: Horror - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2013-05-12 - 2595 words

0Unrated
I arrive at the studio at 7:00 AM and rushed into the set. Lillian’s waiting at the side stage.
She gives me the warmest smile, “Good morning, Kafiya. Slept okay?”
“I wish,” I mumble.
Just then, Westley comes in with Martin Meringue, who plays Francis in the film. Westley sees me and walks over, “Ready to go, Kafiya?”
I nod and he smiles. He left and Lillian and I head to my dressing room. As soon as Lillian opened the door, we saw that someone was in my dressing room. Someone who left flowers and a note.
“Who could’ve come in here?” I ask. “The door was locked.”
“Maybe Westley?” suggested Lillian.
Westley? Could be. But what would he want to give me flowers if we’re starting filming today? To wish me luck maybe?
Lillian left shortly after that and I got into the dress I’m supposed to wear. I remember that the make-up artist is suppose to come today. I wait for her to show up, I look at the flowers.
They’re roses with a deep red color like velvet. I look at the tag to see what kind they are. They’re called ‘Crimson Bouquet’. It’s lovely, but somehow reading the name unease me.
I pick up the note by the roses and read it. It looks like a poem but it doesn’t rhyme. It’s something written by Richard F. Outcault. Never heard of him, so don’t ask.
Here’s how it reads.
Life is a dream for most people.
Some have pleasant dreams, but
lots of folks have nightmares.
Many people are living in a nightmare
who won’t allow themselves to be
waked up.
You can’t tell them that the long
row of medicine bottles is what keeps
them sick. They want to believe in
Satan, sin, and sickness.

Okay…
What the hell does that mean?
I hear knocking on my door. I put the note down, walk over, and open the door. I see a short girl with wavy brown hair and black wire rimmed glasses holding a small carrying case.
The girl adjusts her glasses, “Hi, I’m Pauline Smith, the make-up artist. Are you Kafiya Heide?”
I nod, “Yes. Come in, please.”
I sit on my chair and Pauline got right to work. She starts with my eyes, then my cheeks, and lastly my mouth.
Pauline looks at me and ask, “Were you frighten?”
I blink, “A-About what?”
“About the flowers and the note?”
“A little. More strange than scared.”
“How?”
I scratch my chin, “They seem to have, like a message in secret.”
Pauline nods, ”Yeah. I told Dalek that this morning.”
That makes sense. After all, Dalek seems to have the right-
What? Wait a minute!
I look at her hard, “You talked to Dalek?”
“Yes. He asked me where your dressing room is,” she answered.
Oh my god. Was he the one who gave me the flowers and the note? I wanted to ask Pauline, but I figure that if Dalek talked to her, he probably asked her to keep quiet about it.

I walk to the set where I see Martin fixing his blown-dried hair, Bienna Austin, who plays the landlady, straightens her long skirt, and Joseph Miller waits around in his Dr. Olsen costume.
Lillian comes to me and examines me up and down. She smiles and sighs, “Kafiya…you look so beautiful. Only you could pull a look like that.”
I’m wearing a long white dress that looks like a nightgown with Juliet sleeves and a princess waistline. My hair is tied in a curly-wavy ponytail and Pauline did a wonderful job with my make-up.
Just then, Westley walks over to me and grins, “Kafiya, you look divine.”
I grin back, “Thank you, Westley.”
“Mr. Maddox?” a voice calls behind Westley. He turns over his shoulder and I look over from his side. There’s Dalek in his somnambulist outfit. He walks to Westley and asks, “Does it look okay?”
“It’s great,” said Westley.
He looks over at me and gives me the sexy smirk he gave me yesterday, “And I have to say you look stunning. Breathtaking.”
I blush and rub the back of my neck, “T-Thank you, Dalek. And I agree with Westley. You look great.”
“Oh? Do I?” he replies in a pleased tone.
Westley clears his throat, “Okay, you two. Let’s get started.”
He turns to everyone else and yells, “All right! Places, everyone!”
He walks away to talk to the cameraman. Dalek and I watch him go. I was about to go to the set, until I feel something clasp around my wrist. I was about to turn my head but I feel something turning my head back facing foreword.
I felt breath in my ear, “How’d you liked the flowers and the note in your dressing room?”
I shiver, “W-Were you the one who left them there?”
I slowly turn my head and I see Dalek’s deep dark eyes and his devilish grin.
“Who said I left them?” he whispers. He traces my arm with his fingers and he lets me go. I guess it was because Westley was coming towards us.
“Hey hey you two!” Westley said, shaking a rolled up script at us. “Save that for the movie!”
I turn around and Dalek disappeared.
A deep sigh of relief escapes my lips. Thank god he left. I was getting a weird and chilling vibe from him. I also got confused about what he said.
Who said I left them?
This doesn’t make any sense. If Dalek didn’t leave those things, then who did?

Everything went well after that. We started doing practice takes, real takes, script readings, the works. Everybody was in a good mood. Martin and I did our scene really well. We all took a break at 1:15 PM and I hung out with Lillian. We’re at my dressing room, the flowers and the note are still there.
Lillian takes a glance and asks, “So, have you found out where the roses and the note came from?”
I freshen my mascara, “I don’t know. I thought it was Dalek, but he said he didn’t do it.”
I close my mascara cap and look at my refection, “…But part of me thinks he’s lying.”
Lillian looks in the mirror too, “I think part of you hopes he’s lying.”
I knit my eyebrows, “What do you mean?”
“Oh, come on Kafiya. No need to pretend with me. You like Dalek.”
“Yeah, sure. And I won a million dollars and a world trip.”
“What? He is cute.”
“I didn’t say he wasn’t. I’m just saying I don’t like him…that way.”
Lillian closes her eyes, tightens her lips, and opens her eyes again, “Okay. So, you know that Dalek isn’t that one who did it. Who else could it be?”
Before I could answer, there was a knock on the door. Lillian opens it and there is a stagehand with a small bouquet of daisies in his hands.
“Um, these are for Kafiya Heide. From Jagger Swanson,” he said.
I turn away from the mirror and look at the stagehand, “Jagger Swanson? He’s here?”
That’s a surprise. I didn’t know he came for a visit.
The stagehand nods, “O-Of course. He’s the co-star in the movie.”
WHAT?!
Lillian grabs the flowers, said thank you, and sent him away. She closes the door and smiles a little.
I shake my head in disbelief, “I can’t believe it.”
Lillian shrugs, “Maybe since he wasn’t good enough for the part of Cesare, Mr. Maddox must have given him another part.”

When we came back for work, I even saw Jagger at the set. He sees me, waves, and smiles. I smile back and walk over to him.
“Did you like the daisies?” Jagger asks as I approach him.
I smile radiantly, “Yes, they’re beautiful. Thank you very much.”
I grab a nearby chair and sit down, “I’m surprised to see you. I guess I shouldn’t since your performance yesterday was spectacular.”
Jagger chuckles lightly, “But not spectacular enough to get the part of Cesare. But I got the Alan part, though. So it’s cool.”
He smiles a little more, “I was more glad when I found out that I get to work with you, Miss Heide.”
“Kafiya, please, “ I insisted. “You don’t have to be formal with me. is this your first feature film?”
“As a supporting actor, yes. I usually work as an extra or a small part.”
“Which movie did you get your first part?”
“Oh man. It must have been five years ago. I was In Everyone’s Mind. As Sam Donald.”
“I have seen that movie. You’re the pump jockey, right?”
“Heh. Yeah.”
“God, you were funny! Too bad you only had two scenes.”
“Well, them’s the breaks.”
We continued the conversation until we had to do our scenes. Jagger is such a nice guy! When I first met him, I know the only things we have in common is that we work in the film industry and we’re both in the same movie. But when I talked to him now, I felt like we were old friends.
I was so spaced out that I didn’t notice Westley is standing close behind me and sniffing.
I shake and turn my head. He backs away a few inches, “Are you all right?”
I crack a smile. Why did he stand so close to me? I turn around and said, “Yeah. I’m fine. Do you need me for something?”
“Your part is coming up.”
“Which one?”
“The one when Cesare kidnaps you.”
I cringe inside. Have I seen this coming? I have to pretend to sleep while Dalek is carrying me around. Oh joy.
I sullenly walk over to the set where it’s supposed to be my bedroom. I crawl into the bed and spread my arms in an elegant way on the pillow.
Westley walks over to the bed and he brushes a loose lock from my forehead, “Good luck.”
I start to shiver when he left. I don’t know what’s up, but Westley is creeping me out.
The cameraman yells “Action!” and I close my eyes. In the first two minutes, all I hear are soft footsteps far away. Then the next minute, I feel my sheets being pulled down and I’m being picked up.
Dalek.
He’s dragging me out of bed and he’s slowly dragging me to the opened window doors. He’s careful like he’s holding a piece of china. This goes on for five minutes until we get to the forest set is.
Dalek sets me to the ground ever so gently. I peer through a little so I can see while my eyes acts closed. I see Dalek holding the knife and he’s about to go into stabbing motion. He swings his arm up for the strike, brings it down, but at midway, he stops. He has this realization look on his face and then he props me up a little, holding me like he did yesterday.
He’s kind of cradling me in his arms and his chin is resting on the top of my head. He’s stroking my hair.
I could fall asleep for real.
Suddenly, Jagger, Martin, and Joseph’s yelling break out this peaceful meditation. I see Dalek turn his head, look frighten, and sets me down. I close my eyes again and I hear him flee.
“And cut! Great! Well, print it up and let’s call it a day. Thanks everybody!” yelled Westley.
I open my eyes and Dalek extends his hand to help me. I grab it timidly and he pulls me to his chest. Then he holds me against him.
I’m blushing like hell. He’s a little taller than I expected and he has a musky scent to him. He looks down to me and smiles, “Not bad for someone who’s kidnapped in their sleep.”
I shyly turn my head away, “You did great.”
He made me face up at him, “Ever found out who sent the flowers and the note?”
Oh right. I almost forgot.
I shake my head, “No…you didn’t send them?”
“No, but I know who did.”
“Really? Who?”
Dalek laughs a little, “I’m not gonna flat out tell you now.”
I sulk a little and he pulls me closer. He leans his head to my ear like he did earlier.
He whispers, “East wing of the studio. Third door on your right. 8:00.”
I blink, “I understand the time, but where does the first two lead me to?”
He looks at me in the eye and said, almost casually,
“My dressing room.”
My blush just advanced from cherry red to beet red.
Westley appears behind Dalek, “Scene’s over, Dalek. You can let her go now.”
Dalek nods and lets go. He steps back and Westley nods in approval. I look into Dalek’s eyes and I saw some contempt towards Westley. I don’t know if Westley saw that or not because he left after that.
We watch him leave and Dalek smiles, “Jealous, isn’t he?”
“What?” I ask.
“Oh nothing,” he said. He turns to me, “Remember. 8:00.”
I nod and he left. I run to the parking lot and I see Westley getting into his car.
I call to him, “Westley! Westley! Wait!”
He turns to me, “Hello Kafiya. What’s up?”
I scratch my head and kick over a pebble, “I know you’ll ask me later, but just to save you some time, I’m working late tonight.”
Westley raised an eyebrow, “Really? Well, if you need help, any help, feel free to come and find me.”
“Thank you!” I shout as I run back to the studio. Lillian was waiting for me when I got in. I tell her that I’m staying in the studio for a little while. I didn’t tell her why though.
All of a sudden, Lillian has this real worried look on her face.
“Lil? Are you all right?” I ask with concerning eyes.
“I…I just don’t think you should be here by yourself at night,” she mutters.
I sigh, “You’re still worried about that?”
“Well, somebody has to. I’ve been watching Westley all day. He always kept his eye on you. And he looked upset when Dalek helped you up. Like he didn’t want anybody around you, “ Lillian explained.
I put my arm around her shoulders, “He probably wants me to focus on the movie. But if it makes you happy, stick around in your car and I’ll have my cell phone with me at all times.”
Lillian nods rigorously, “That would be best. Remember, I’m partly responsible for you.”
I smile. It’s so cute how worried she gets with me. But I’m glad she does. If she didn’t, I can finally go with that take-down-the-director-and-take-over plot I was dreaming about.
(I’m kidding with you!)
Lillian said she’ll head to her car at 7:30 and rehearsal ended at 6:30. It is now 7:00. Here’s how my time is set.
30 minutes after rehearsal ended
30 minutes before Lillian waits in her car

And 1 hour before I head to Dalek’s dressing room.
Sign up to rate and review this story