Categories > Original > Drama

Flowers

by Elliot 4 reviews

Oneshots based around different flowers, or involving different flowers. Most will be quite short.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2013-05-21 - 346 words

2Ambiance
Poppy

The little boy was busy trying to pick the perfect flower for his sick mother. He didn't know what kind of flower she would want, but he did know she loved the color red, and the whole field was red from the flowers. He knew the pretty flowers would cheer up his mother, and he hoped she wouldn't be so sick afterwards. He quickly grabbed a few before running home, joyful about his gift to his mother.

"Mama, Mama!" He cried, running through the already open door. "I got you some flowers!" He ran to his mother and held out the flowers. He bounced around excitedly while she took the flowers in her frail, shaky hands.

"Oh, honey, thank you. They're lovely," she said, her voice soft and weak. She got down a glass and put a little water in it in an attempt to keep the flowers alive longer. "Do you know what these flowers are called?" She questioned, looking at her young son.

"No, Mama," he admitted. "But they make you happy, and they're red. You like red." His mother smiled and ruffled his hair weakly.

"These are called poppies, honey. You remember those muffins we had? The ones with those little black seeds that got stuck in your teeth?" The little boy nodded. "Those were poppyseeds. They come from flowers like these." She smiled. "Thank you. I love them." Her son threw his arms around his mother, minding her weakened state. "I love them almost as much as I love my little boy," she smiled. "Now, it's time for you to go to bed sweetheart. You do have school tomorrow," she reminded him. He gave her a kiss on the cheek before obediently wandering off to his room. His mother smiled, and set the vase on the windowsill, were the whole neighborhood could see the beautiful flowers, in hopes they would bring joy to someone outside their little family.

My attempt at writing something cute and touching. Sorry.

Feel free to request a flower for me to do a little oneshot about.
Sign up to rate and review this story