Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > It All Started With Clay S'mores.

Chapter 4.

by HoneyImMagical 2 reviews

A look inside Gerard.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2013-05-26 - 629 words

2Insightful
The story will pick up after this, it's just important the reader know the characters and why they do certain things, like why Tiara might choose grapes over fries. That sort of thing. the reader needs to understand, even though other characters wont unless they've been told.

On the other side of the spectrum, Gerard Way had always been more of the quiet type. He kept to himself and preferred his own company to others’, but never denied an invitation to hang out with someone because, though he kept to himself, he was lonely. When he was younger, and when Mikey, Donna and himself had lived in Monroe, Michigan, the boys had had tons of friends. Most of that was because on Donna. Once Gerard had been comfortable in his new home with her, she’d set him up with play dates and always took him to social areas like the park. When Mikey had become settled, the same happened to him. As the boys grew older, friendships and tight bonds were made, much to Donna’s delight. But more than his friends, and more than Donna, Gerard loved hanging out with Donna’s mother, Elena, the most. She told him stories, and sang songs with him and taught him to draw and paint. She played with him when Donna was too busy or Mikey was sleeping. She sang him to sleep every night with a soft lullaby she’d created just for him. And then, when he was 13, Elena died from severe brain cancer. Gerard grew depressed. His friends stopped asking him to hang out after a while, to which, he was greatful. He didn’t need them breathing down his neck with the sympathies or ‘I’m sorry’s anyway. For a year, Gerard stayed inside and drew and painted. He often grew frustrated. The pictures never seemed to turn out right, despite his many attempts. Donna took him to therapy. Therapy didn’t work. Then Gerard heard the news: Donna had received a job offer in New Jersey. They were packed up and moved in a week. Gerard had to admit, the scenery of his new home in Bellevue did improve his mood, even if he only saw it from the window. When he started school, most people stayed away from him. He was dark, different. He’d tried to be friendly, really he did, but people still shied away. It was like he had unknowingly sprayed Human Repellant on himself, and it worked great. Worth every penny. Then, around 6 months later, Donna adopted a new baby girl, Rose. For the first time in a while, Gerard smiled. He was more social. He was always playing with Rose. He would read to her, and sing to her. As she grew, she grew attached to Gerard. When the family was watching TV together, she climbed into his lap and played with his almost shoulder length hair he had refused to cut during his depression. He would chase her, and volunteer to take her to the park, or to feed the ducks near their home. He even saved up all the snipets of money he received to buy her small Christmas gifts. Rose had turned his life around, and Donna couldn’t be happier. Mikey didn’t feel as strong about Rose. She was just kind of there. Then Michael came along. He stole Donna from the kids. Always taking her out, or simply just occupying her time. When Donna was at work, and he was home, Michael was a total dick to Gerard and Mikey. He always made snide, hurtful comments, but when Donna walked in the door, he was the ‘perfect’ almost step dad. Then they got married and sealed the deal, and Gerard hated him.
Sign up to rate and review this story