Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > It All Started With Clay S'mores.

Chapter 5.

by HoneyImMagical 4 reviews

Movie night has arrived, and we find out what terrifies Tiara the most.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2013-05-27 - 2014 words

4Exciting
Mikey's in this. Thank you ArsenicAutumn, by the way. Even if you're not, I feel like you're my only reader. But that's ok, you review and rate which keeps me going. Thank you!

Saturday had come. Gerard gathered everything they would need: A plethora of movies (Both DC and Disney), pillows and blankets for comfort, a dark curtain to hang up in his room (to block out any light that might show), and snacks. He felt prepared. And even better, Michael and Donna had gone to see the Broadway production of The Lion King in New York and were gone all weekend. It wasn’t that having Tiara over would get him in trouble, quite the opposite actually, he was just glad Michael was gone.
The time was 7:03, and Gerard heard a knock on the door. He ran down the stairs to get it, nearly breaking his neck on one of Rose’s toys. He swore quietly, composed himself, and answered the door. There, with a grin on her face, was Tiara. Today, her hair was in a loose sock bun with a black flower clip to the side, and she wore white capri pants with a black belt encrusted in rhinestones, an ocean blue tank top with matching Vans, and white faux-pearl bracelets adorned her wrist. Her makeup was dark, and a nude-pink lipstick coated her lips.
Gerard stepped aside to let her in. “Mmm.” She inhaled, smelling his mother’s famous Scentsy scent. “It smells so good in here!” She complemented, taking her shoes off, and placing them by the door. Her socks were a perfect white.
“That would be my mother’s Scentsy.” Gerard informed her, leading her to his room up the stairs.
“You have a really nice place here.” She observed, taking in the light brown walls, and crisp, clean furniture. Tasteful plants were also spread about. Were they store bought, or did someone in Gerard’s family, perhaps Gerard himself, have a green thumb?
“You sound surprised.” Gerard chuckled. Tiara stopped walking, and he turned to see why. He immediately grew pink.
“Oh, no. This is precious!” Tiara giggled, looking at the family pictures that were hung up along the stairway. But out of all those photos, she was staring at Gerard’s toddler naked form in the bathtub, laughing and playing with a duck.
“Nothing to see.” Gerard mumbled, embarrassedly, gently pulling her up the stairs, Tiara giggling all the while. They walked to the room at the very end, and he pushed open the door. Immediately the smell of popcorn wafted past them, making Gerard’s stomach growl.
“Wow.” She mumbled as she walked in. Gerard’s room was medium size with a queen bed on the right, and across from the bed was a pretty decent entertainment center equipped with a PS3, XBOX, Wii, DVD player and shelves of games and movies. He even had two game chairs for himself and Mikey. On the wall in front of them was a dresser Gerard had decided to put all the food and drinks on. Across from that was a popcorn machine with wheels and everything. Along the white walls were movie posters. “Your room is awesome.” She marveled.
“Well, to a savage I imagine it might be.” He teased. She rolled her eyes and plopped down on his bed, taking up as much room as she could.
“Well, looks like the savage just found a new bed. It’s a bit too firm for me, but it’ll do.” She smirked.
”Well, it seems as though that is my bed, so I’m not entirely sure where you’re getting your facts.” He challenged.
“Last time I checked I was here to watch a movie.” She pointed out smugly. “Not to argue with the likes of you.”
“Fair point. Tell you what: I’ll be polite. You choose the first one.” He smirked.
“Fine, I will.” She said, waltzing over to his movie collection and browsing the choices. He poured himself a cup of Sunkist, and grabbed a bag of popcorn.
“Want anything?” He offered.
“Yeah, but I’ll get it.” She said, finally choosing the movie she wanted. She walked over to Gerard confidently and handed him the movie. “This one.” She said, handing it to him. He placed his soda on the dresser and observed her choice.
“Batman. Ok.” He nodded, approving her choice. Not just any Batman, the original. A very good choice. Well, except for Superman anyway. He put the movie in the DVD player, and got it ready. Tiara grabbed a pillow and got comfortable with her bag of popcorn and water bottle. Once the movie was started, Gerard flipped the lights off, completely dark aside from the TV. Tiara’s eyes grew wide. Gerard plopped down beside her. “Something wrong?”
She smiled sheepishly “I’m just really scared of the dark.” She admitted, placing the popcorn and water beside her and crossing her arms tightly over her chest, smile slowly disappearing.
“I can turn the lights back on.” He offered.
“No.” She said quickly. “I’m ok.” She said, settling in to watch the movie. He shrugged and did the same, munching on his popcorn. By the end of the movie, Tiara still sat as stiffly as she was when the movie began. Gerard flipped the lights on and prepared to switch the movie. The next movie was a horror film by the name of The Husk. When the credits rolled at the end, Tiara realized Gerard was sound asleep. She smiled at his sleeping face, but started to silently panic. It was dark. Really dark. She glanced at the floor. Still visible. She took a deep breath and ran to the light switch, turning it on. Her heart sounded like a humming birds wings. She checked the time on her phone. 12:30 A.M. A bit too late to walk home, but she’d have to. She opened Gerard’s door and quietly walked down to the living room. When she reached the living room, she jumped, seeing another person. A boy she assumed to be Gerard’s brother was playing some kind of zombie game. He paused the game and looked at her in question.
“You’re still here?” He asked, brushing his mousy hair out of his face.
“Not for long… I’m about to leave. Gerard just fell asleep…” She explained. She tried to compose herself. This was not how she acted in front of people. Under any circumstances. “That game seems really fun.” She offered, trying to make a better impression.
“Yeah, it is… Wanna play? It’s kind of late to be walking home by yourself.” He said shyly, pushing his glasses up his nose.
“Sure.” She said, taking a seat next to him in relief. The last thing she wanted to do was walk home right now. He handed her a controller. “Ok, so how do I do this? What’re the controls?”
*
3 hours later, she and the boy, Mikey, were still going strong.
Tiara gasped, hitting his shoulder. “I cannot believe you just did that!” She exclaimed as Mikey got on the bus without her and rode off to a different area, leaving her alone with a particularly large hoard of zombie chasing her.
“Really? You can’t?” He chuckled. Tiara smiled slyly, and walked into the hoard of zombies, effectively offing her character. That hoard headed in Mikey’s direction.
“Good luck, Mikey-boy.” She grinned, sitting back and crossing her arms in satisfaction.
“You are evil.” He gasped as her hoard, plus his closed in on him. The game ended. They’d reached 20 rounds.
“Oh well.” She chuckled. “Better luck next time, eh?” He glared at her. She blew him a kiss as her stomach growled. She clutched at her stomach embarrassedly.
“Hey, do you want something to eat?” He offered.
“Oh, no thanks. I’m fine.” She assured.
“Nonsense. Come on.” He said getting up and walking into the kitchen. She silently sighed and followed him. “Ok, lasagna, spaghetti, or cold pizza?”
“Cold pizza.” She answered quietly. He got them both a paper plate and a slice. He handed Tiara her plate and when he walked to the table she looked at the food like she’d just stepped in poop. She sat down with him and begrudgingly ate her piece. They made small talk, and Tiara realized she really enjoyed Mikey’s company. He was energetic, and funny. They heard someone clomping down the stairs, and a very disheveled looking Gerard walked into the kitchen.
“Oh, there you are! I wasn’t sure where you went.” He sighed in relief.
“Yeah, after you fell asleep, I was going to walk home, but Mikey let me drag him down in zombies for a while.” She smiled fondly at Mikey.
“Ah. I see.” Gerard said, making himself a cup of coffee, rubbing his eyes.
“But I really should be going home, I’m probably in a ton of trouble.” She frowned, glancing at the door.
“Want me to walk you?” Gerard offered.
“Please.” She said, getting up, and putting her shoes on. Gerard placed his coffee on the counter and opened the door. She walked through and he followed after, shutting the door securely. They walked at a leisurely pace to her house silently for the most part.
“Sorry I fell asleep on you.” Gerard chuckled quietly.
“That’s ok.” She smiled outwardly, but inwardly she frowned. That darkness was horrible. They stood outside her house, and made eye contact, saying nothing. The more time she spent with Gerard, the more she genuinely liked him. Not necessarily in a sexual way, but as a person, she really liked him. She wanted more nights like tonight, but did he with her being more than just a friend? Probably not, she reasoned. She needed to take this slow, they’d only known each other for less than a week after all. She threw her arms around his neck and hugged him tightly. “Thanks for walking me home. See you Monday.” She sighed, letting go of him.
“See you.” He waved, watching her go inside before making his way back home.
She walked inside the desolate house and turned the entry light on as fast as she could. Butterball ran up to her immediately, wagging his cute black tail. “Hi, baby.” She whispered, scooping him up. She walked into her kitchen, and into her medicine cabinet, taking out a black bottle with a silver cap and green letters. FAT FIGHTERS, the bottle read. She took two of the smelly pills into her palm and swallowed them dry. That pizza was going to destroy her, after eating healthy for so long. She leaned against the counter and faced her empty house. “This house is so empty.” She sighed. “Just you and me, eh Butterball?” She asked, smiling softly at the dog.
“Maybe I should get another dog. What do you think about that? A friend for you while I’m gone? Psh,” She snorted. “You know Mom’s not coming back for a while.” She made her way to her room, flipping lights on and off until she got there. She put the dog on her bed, where he immediately laid down, yawning and stretching. “I know, it’s past your bed time, I’m sorry.” She apologized. She looked in her vanity mirror, and changed back into herself. This was the only place being herself was ok. It was a strict rule she’d had for a while. Nobody liked actual her. She took her hair down, changed into pajama pants and a huge t-shirt, and wiped every speck of makeup on her face off.
She got into her plush bed and cuddled with Butterball until both the dog and the girl fell asleep, with the light on. As usual when she had been in darkness for an extended period of time, she had night terrors. Odd, but tonight Gerard was one of the starring demons.

We shall learn more about Tiara's home life soon.
Sign up to rate and review this story