Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > It All Started With Clay S'mores.

Chapter 7.

by HoneyImMagical 3 reviews

Gerard gets a haircut, and him and Michael have a little chat.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2013-05-28 - 1143 words

1Funny
Tuesday after school, Gerard walked home alone. Tiara hadn’t been at school today, so he’d avoided Frank and Jamia. He didn’t feel comfortable enough to hang out with them alone. He just didn’t know them that well. He walked into his home and tossed his bag by the stairs. Then he stopped. It smelled different in his home. It didn’t smell like the Clean Linens scent Donna liked so much like he was used to. Instead, it smelled heavy, and just plain unpleasant. He wrinkled his nose.
“Hey mom, what’s with the smell?” Gerard asked, grabbing a soda from the fridge as his mother scrubbed at some tough spots on the stove that she always complained about, but never did anything about.
“Oh, Michael picked it out, don’t you just love it? I think it’s called Cactus Fruit Pie. Or… something like that.” She responded. Of course he did. He just had to find the most rank scent he could find, didn’t he?
“I’m not a fan, I like th-“ Gerard was cut off by the unanticipated feeling of Rose grabbing his leg.
“Gee!” She shouted.
“What are you doing, you little monster?” Gerard asked, scooping her up and hugging her close.
“Annoying me.” Mikey answered, appearing in the kitchen, and leaning against the opening.
“Gee, Mi-key won’t let me play with him!” The little fair skinned girl tattled, taking a little extra time to say Mikey’s name so she got it right.
“Oh, he won’t will he?” Gerard asked. He looked at Mikey while whispering in the small girl’s ear. “That’s ok, I’m more fun anyway, huh?” He asked. She nodded eagerly in secrecy, convinced Mikey had no idea what they were talking about.
“Oh, Gerard, don’t forget you have a hair appointment today in an hour.” Donna reminded him.
“On a Tuesday?” Mikey asked, raising his eyebrows.
“Yes, Mikey, on a Tuesday. Michael’s taking you.”
“Why can’t you take me?” Gerard asked, shifting Rose to his hip as he copied Mikey and leaned on the entrance to the kitchen.
“I would but the first meeting of my book club is starting today. Surely I told you.” Donna clucked. Gerard sighed. He really dreaded Michael, but knew this was avoidable. The haircut at least.
“Alright, well I’ll be ready in an hour, I guess.” Gerard said, carrying Rose upstairs. The next 45 minutes was spent playing Bratz and Hide and Seek with Rose. For his remaining five or so minutes, Gerard changed his shirt and applied another coat of deodorant on top of his previous one. He went to the bathroom and looked at his hair. He had no idea what he was going to do with it. In all honesty, he liked it as it was, but Donna had put her foot down on this, and Gerard was a pretty compliant kid. For Donna anyway. Michael called him down, and they were off.
About halfway there, Michael spoke. “While you’re taking care of this, I’m going to be picking up some things from the grocery store for your mom. I don’t care what you do with it, as long as you do something with it. I don’t understand how the fuck you kept it that much of a mess for this long.” Michael commented, shaking his head. “It’s just plain disgusting the way you look.”
“I really couldn’t care less about what I’m allowed to do with my hair, according to you. What my mom tells me to do is what I’m going to do. Fuck you and your rules. You’re nothing to us.” Gerard replied, nonchalantly.
“You little shit, don’t you ever speak to me that way again!” Michael yelled, cutting someone off in traffic and almost receiving a fender-bender.
“Or what?” Gerard challenged as they pulled up to the hair salon. “You know what? I have no time for your empty threats. Have fun fetching things for my mom like a bitch though. It’s a good look on you.” Gerard laughed, getting out of Michael’s huge Dodge. When Gerard reached the door, Michael was still glaring at him, fuming in his car. Gerard sarcastically waved at him and went inside. He walked up to the nice desk where a tall, slender blonde with too much makeup on greeted him.
“Yeah, I’m here for an appointment, Gerard Way.” He told her.
“Right this way, Mr. Way.” Blondie said, leading him to a hair chair. “Eliza will be with you shortly.” She smiled, walking back to her post.
*
“Ok, you’re all done, take a look!” Eliza, a stout Puerto Rican lady smiled, turning his chair to face the mirror. Gerard grinned at his reflection. It was perfect. And red. Very red.
“This looks great.” Gerard complimented. “You did a really good job, it’s exactly what I wanted.”
“Well, I’m glad you like it.” She smiled warmly. “Is there anything else I can do for you today?” She asked kindly as Gerard stood, prepared to leave.
“No thank you.”
“Then have a nice night.” He walked up to Blondie, money in hand.
“Your total for the cut and color is $62.38.” She announced, taking the one hundred dollar bill from his waiting hand. “And your change is $38.62” She smiled pretentiously, handing him his change.
“Thank you.” He replied, putting a ten in the tip jar. He walked out to Michaels waiting truck and hopped in. Neither of them said a word. As they walked in the door, Donna ambushed Gerard, looking at what he’d chosen. She said nothing for almost 2 minutes.
“Hm.” She finally said. “It’s fine, I just wished you hadn’t dyed it.” She said, reaching out and touching his firey locks. “It’s very soft.” She complimented. “And it’ll wash out soon right? Like, before Linda’s wedding?” She asked anxiously. Linda’s wedding was at the beginning of November.
“Of course.” He replied. “It’s May.”
“Ok.” She exhaled in relief. “Well the rest of dinner is on the table. Help Mikey with the dishes when you’re finished.”
*
The next day at lunch, no one could get over his hair.
“Dude, it looks sick. Like, it’s really cool!” Frank exclaimed, over excited as usual.
“It looks really nice.” Jamia said with a polite smile.
“Yeah, really kick ass.” Tiara grinned, even though she had had all of last period to get used to it. And everyone kept touching it. His hair got more attention than him, at which he had to laugh at.
Omg, those numbers I chose for the money amount are opposite! I just realized that! In the next chapter, Gerard will deal with some unforeseen things.
Sign up to rate and review this story