Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > A Puppet's Excuse

Chapter 5

by Acid_Joker 2 reviews

I don't even know where this came from.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2013-05-28 - 1488 words

0Unrated
It was a few days after the scan that they found themselves in this situation. Their lives had been running smoothly, almost perfect. Gerard would go into work every morning after breakfast with Frank, and they would kiss as farewell.
But every single love story had a knot in the middle, and this might mean the end of everything if it’s not treated with the precaution it is meant to be dealt with. This is just what happened to them now, really. A simple knot made out of stress and a lack of communication in between the two.
He didn’t mean to hit Frank. It had been an accident, in all honesty, and he would take it all back if he had the chance. But now it was all done, and nothing could be reversed. He slid down into the floor with the help of the wall behind him, clutching the hand that had betrayed him so badly. He didn’t know what to do. His plans were now probably ruined now, all because of a little slip on the little self-control he had.
It had been a really stressful day at work. His manager had yelled at him for not getting the papers done on time, which caused him to yell at his secretary for not delivering the papers on time, which caused her to tear up and apologize a thousand times on a row. Who he thought, would’ve thought that being an artist could be so stressful?
Frank was crying as he left the house, immediately breaking into a steady pace. He couldn’t believe it. Gerard had promised that he would never inflict any harm into him; Gerard had promised he would not become like his own father- whom had put him through almost seventeen years of torture until Gee decided he’s had enough and got his own place.
…but it just apparently ran through the family, huh?
Frank sat on one of the swings at the nearby park where they went to walk Cherry, their dog- he caressed his slightly swollen stomach, thinking about how, again, he had trusted someone and again he had gotten hurt. He just didn’t understand, now did he?

It had almost been a week since they last spoke to the other. Gerard in shame, and Frank in fear of being hit again. They both were sure that, if the other cared enough to apologize, they would do it…soon enough. Something neither of them was thinking, though, was the fact that, if they aren’t making an effort, then who will do it for them?
He couldn’t take it anymore. Frank had been sleeping on the spare bedroom they had for visits, with the door locked and no signs that he was going to come out anytime soon. Gerard knew for a fact that he did actually came out, as every morning he heard the front door slam as he merely wakes up, and as he also finds dinner served for him when he finally gets home. He’d tried catching Frank a thousand times, and he had failed in gaining his attention a thousand and one.
That’s why he had taken his old acoustic from where it had been buried in the basement, looking sick and lonely, with him into bed tonight. He knew that if he was going to apologize, he was going to do it big- because she understood him and this was probably the biggest fight they’d had yet. And during the minor ones he had Frank in his arms a mere five minutes after they’ve finished yelling at each other.
He hadn’t played the guitar since he graduated Art School and started as an intern in Cartoon Network two years ago, and then quitted to become a professional artist, so his abilities were a little rusty. But he fixed that up soon enough, and now was sitting awkwardly with the guitar on his knees right outside her door trying to pull himself together. He knew for a fact that Frank was there- Gerard could hear the heart-wrenching sobs through the door, each one of them giving his heart a sharp blow that left it bruised and broken, just like the rest of his soul.
Finally, though, as he heard Frank give one particularly loud whimper, he took in a deep, shaky breath and started strumming the chords to a song he was sure fit for the entire atmosphere that have been hanging around the place for a week, making it feel more like a house and not a home.
So he started singing, letting all the bottled-up emotions run freely through the lyrics and the melody, allowing them now to make an appearance and soak his cheeks with salty rivers of desperation, making his black eyeliner run.
I would say I’m sorry if I thought that it would change your mind, but I know that this time I have said too much, been too unkind.. I try to laugh about it, Cover it all up with lies... I try and laugh about it, hiding the tears in my eyes! ‘Cause boys don't cry... Boys don't cry...
He kept on singing, too engulfed in the music to notice the other voice, much raspier than his, singing along with him. When the song ended, he rested his head on the wall. As he was to open his mouth to say something, the door opened to reveal the face of his Husband. Frank looked awful- his jet-black hair was greasy, his eyes red and puffy. There were also fresh tears coming out of his hazel eyes, which made Gerard feel guiltier than he already did.
“Did you just sing The Cure to my door as a serenade?” Frank asked, a small and uncertain smile forming on her lips. Gerard started laughing, looking at Frank in the eye and turning around so he was facing him, before putting the guitar aside and grabbing Frank into a bone-crushing hug. He buried his nose on his greasy hair, inhaling Frank’s scent.
“I’m so sorry.” He sobbed. “I’m sorry for everything, I am such an idiot. I really can’t believe myself, I’m so so sorry,” he squeezed her again, and Frank gave him a watery smile. “Don’t worry about it.” he said into Gerard’s neck. “But, I have to. I promised I would never do that, and it is exactly what I did. I’m such an Idiot, really. I--”he didn’t get to finish the sentence, though, because Frank’s lips were on his.
And oh, what a great feeling it was, having him kissing Gerard just as innocently as it is- no matter how much this actions lack in their relationship. Gerard had really missed Frank, all of him. His touches, his smiles, his kisses, his reassurances that everything was going to turn out fine- even though Frank was the pregnant one. When they pulled away Frank was smiling at Gerard, and a giggle escaped his lips as he buried his face on Gerard’s chest. “I forgive you. Really, it’s no big deal. I know you were stressed, and it’s all okay. It’s okay. We’re okay.”
He nodded, kissing the top of her head and resting his cheek there. They stayed like that, cuddled up to each other and enjoying their company, both of them relieved that they’d managed to get through this small chapter in their lives.
Because that’s all it was, really. A simple problem exaggerated into something bigger that it’s not. It was simply an ink stain on their perfectly white sheets. But that’s okay; sometimes, white is just too mainstream. This one, perhaps, may be a little larger than the others on the corners, but that’s alright. It was only a stain, after all, and although it will probably not go away, it will serve as a reminder. It will serve, just like the others, as a reminder that no matter what happens, they will stick together.
Because they love each other, even though they don’t know it yet. They love each other and they would take each blow life decides to throw their way together. Sure, scars will be formed. But that’s all about, at the end. Battle scars make us stronger, and they always mean that you’ve survived.
They always mean that you’re strong enough to take it all on yourself. They always mean that you’re willing to take the risk.
this was supposed to be a one-shot which I was going to post separately… but it seemed appealing to post on this story. So, here you have it. ^,^ I hope you guys enjoyed! And it was totally inspired by the song Boys Don't Cry, by The Cure.
xoxo
Sign up to rate and review this story